PwC Employee Reviews in Stamford, CT

Loved , work life balance could be better but overall great place to work and the benefits march their reputation and expertise . I’d recommend to others .
I think pwc is a great stepping stone for any accountants first job. You learn a lot quickly and learn how to work hard but on the other hand your are quickly overworked and the better you perform the more you work
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Come in early, prepare work space, draft a things to do list in the event you run into down time (which you shouldn't) but be prepared. Communicate with peers and subordinates, smile and show you care, be friendly and courteous when guest appear for you have no idea what sort of day they had or life they are leading. leave the day with all work finished to the point where you can start of fresh in the morning.
I loved working at PwC and received a full-time offer. The culture and people are great. I thought management had exceptional leadership skills and it was great to be around and learn from such intelligent people.
PwC challenges you to think about solving problems and making processes more efficient utilizing state of the art technology. This fuels career development.
Working here was a great stepping stone for anybody's career. The staff was helpful and went out of their way to help each other. The culture was such that every Friday almost everyone would come back to the office and discuss the events of the week.
Pros
The Staff
Cons
I started with PwC right after college so I didn't really know what to expect in the job workforce. Like most young professionals in their early 20's I put the pedal to the floor thinking the harder I worked the better off I would be. After 6 years I was burnout and while I had a ton of experience to show for it, I was exhausted and a bit cynical. They work you hard here and underperformers are shown the door in short order.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Long work hours, unyielding deadlines.
Great place to work if starting your career, especially if you're the type of person that's career focused ("lives to work"). Very fast paced and demanding with high expectations, but they offer decent on-site and computer based training. Countless hours worked during busy season, but you'll be rewarded with parties/happy hours and excellent pay.
Pros
Great compensation and perks
Cons
Very demanding, work-life balance at times difficult
Great place to start a career especially within the private company services group. Long hours and a demanding work environment but you'll learn a lot and get to work with great people.
Pros
Great learning environment, career platform, great people
Cons
Long hours, Demanding work environment, can be stressful
As an international tax intern, my experience was limited with PwC. I learned the use of a widely accepted email and tax preparation software package. Training was provided for my position.
Pros
Training, good accounting library, free dinners during tax season.
Cons
Unable to acquire CPA license as a tax department emaployee at the time.
Great place to start your career; should not stay longer than 2-3 years as potential for advancement is limited due to market constraints. There is no work life balance, contrary to what some may tell you, 12 hour days are the norm.
Working at PwC was a great experience. Although, depending on the industry, there is a lot of competition and their evaluation process is not the best
benefits
Cons
work/life balance, time strenuous
This is a great company to work for. They offer a competitive salary and amazing benefits. Many of the teams within this company are very easy to work with and have great attitudes.
A great place to work. The training is excellent! Colleagues love to assist you an ensure that you are developing. The culture is professional A typical day includes responds to emails, voice emails and ensuring the engagement is being properly managed.
Pros
Great free food and great colleagues.
Cons
Long hours during busy season.
Great overall management and workplace environment. Very inclusive and worked well with interns teaching us applicable life skills for when we graduate.
Would recommend to anyone willing to work hard. You will be challenged but it's a great company to work for. The people are top notch and easy to work with.
PwC is very good in terms of using technology in the workplace. The culture is very competitive. Assiciates and Sr.Associates do all the work. People I worked with seemed too focused on work and did not really have any hobbies or had anything to talk about other than mainstream media or work. Overall, my experience was good and I learned a lot and became better, but my mentor/career coach/manager, who ultimately "makes you or breaks you", decided to "break" me based on his personal biased dogmas.
If you are in the click or not in the click will determine your experience. I had high expectation for amazing culture and training but unfortunately nothing like that. Lot of new hires are lost in the beginning process because of the high past environment and the lack of hands on trainings.
At PwC, I learned how to prepare various tax documents such as tax returns, tax equalization calculations, etc. It was a very quiet and professional work environment with little to no down time and constant work to be done. The management team had high expectations for all employees and were motivated to provide the highest quality product to all of their clients. A typical day at work would consist of 8 hours chargeable time and a 1 hour lunch break (if you choose), constantly communicating with management and your team regarding work flow, and being attentive to detail while doing so.
Great place to start a career. Time management and managing others is crucial in order to get the job done. Good work/life balance outside of busy season. Great progression in career.
Good culture, huge network of Fortune 100 clients give you great exposure. Work on a specific job, long hours during busy time.