PwC Employee Reviews in Tampa, FL

Good learning experiences with the firm and opportunities to work with talented people who are willing to invest the time to help you succeed. However, the firm is overly focused on utilization and meeting budgeting goals. Busy year round with long work hours.
Great entry level position and lots of opportunities for advancement - strong leadership and a commitment to diversity - time off was amazing and frequent added days off.
Pros
Work/life
Cons
Management does not care about growth. You need to agree to be a pawn in order to be promoted. Your career nor your life is not your own. If you don’t oblige to being a human puppet, they will get rid of you.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Healthcare, management, unethical
They lie about a lot of benefits that they offer, flexible most of the time, and generally just wouldn’t recommend working for the service delivery center.
Even if you work as a contractor, it is the best job I’ve ever had in the US. Workload is reasonable, compensation is competitive and an opportunity to work fully remotely is definitely a huge pros.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Contract is only 2 years
Not disappointed with the overall job, like every job there are hiccups here and there. However, it's not a place to build a career because it takes forever to reach the top. It's a stepping stone job to another job with greater pay.
Pros
Coworker, Flexible schedule, Vacation
Cons
Health Insurance, Tons of training on top of audit work
No work life balance. Long hours and high pressure is normal in the company. With the hours you work and the pressure you handle. I think this job is under paid
I worked at PwC for roughly three years prior to being screwed over when simply asking questions about potentially needing to take some unpaid medical leave. They forced me out and then looked for ways to get rid of me. In their termination letter, they blatantly lied about their reason for termination AND I HAVE PROOF.On top of that, promotions are rare and nearly impossible to earn even though it's not exactly a hierarchical system. Promotions can be given without any duties shifting or needing people to manage. Management, evaluation after evaluation, downplayed my accomplishments and raises didn't even keep up with inflation.
Pros
Cafeteria is good.
Cons
Work life balance is non-existent if you want to succeed.
Management is the "old boy network." Contractors are not valued. Very high maintenance teams. Free coffee was nice. Lots of back-stabbing and favoritism.
Pros
Paid for overtime {which was expected}
Cons
Management, hours, commute, no advancement, laid off without advance notice
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
Good Knowledge training . A typical day start with Agile meeting and the work is assigned to you and you can make the choice of completion using the tools
Great firm with very good firm culture. Heavy emphasis on digital upskilling which is extremely valuable in current market. Opportunities for advancement.
The firm is very productive and I learned many new technologies. Workplace culture is nice. I have enjoyed each moment working in the organization. Totally very satisfied.
Work culture was pretty terrible with manager more concerned about what's going on in personal life. Bizarre to say the least. Lots of cussing going on which I wasn't feeling.
very cultural and fun environment to work in. easy going and learning ability to grow is very easy. Ability to interact with management is very easy going
This company is really big, and I guess it really depends on where you land and what kind of leadership you get. My experience is with really bad managers that do not really care about the developer and cave to the business demands and the piled up pressure on the "Agile" teams. I put Agile that way because that is the other big problem. The Agile process is absolutely broken and really works for the business and not for the teams. The general mood is not good at all and that also play a role in the overall work experience. I won't recommend this company because my experience here has been really frustrating, but you might get lucky or tune up with the culture here and enjoy it anyways.
There are many opportunities to learn various tax compliance works! You need to be able to do multitasking and pursue strong self problem solving skills in various situations.
After 2.5 years I can say PWC is as great a place to work as it was on day one. I have made a lot of friends and management really cares. Constant support to better yourself and continue your education.
PwC is very employee conscious. They encourage agile practices, have great benefits for employees, are customer focused. Greatly advanced in technology and like to encourage that employees are on top of their game.
no much training, self taught, lots of experience and opportunities on training the outsourcing team, good work culture . good communication among the team
You get to have work from home days and decent vacation days. They have awesome firm closure but when it's the season, it's a lot of work. You can get to do work at home if needed.
Work culture, diversity, inclusiveness, appreciation for contribution are excellent. The leaders I worked with had clarity of vision, enabled teams to collaborate and bring out the best.