PwC Employee Reviews for Intern

Good working culture that comes with flexibility. Fast placed company and competitive. Performance will be rated by your colleagues and team managers. Team is very friendly and supportive. Intern paid rate is around RM1000.
As with most companies, it is really about the culture and people you work with. I was selected to the Assurance department and investigating deficiencies associated with fraud and errors for financial service companies. The nature of the work is mainly focused on client interaction, and some colleagues will have more experience in dealing with a particular clients. Thus, the pleasantness of the job comes from colleagues going out of their way to mentor and advise you when you need it. This helps newcomers adjust as well as connect with their respective mentors, besides getting the job done of course. Overall, if you are street smart (i.e. not saying things that will spook the client) then you should do fine. Anyone with an IQ higher than room temperature can do the job, but in order to excel, you need to learn fast and apply it effectively.
I had good experience internship in PwC as the workplace is very fun and the flex benefits they provided is the best. They have flexwear, flexspace and an off day each first of friday every month.
Management was very helpful and patient with the development of interns. The hardest part of the job was the travelling involved in visiting clients. The workplace culture can definitely be improved and work life balance should be prioritized more.
Great workplace to work, good people, good culture. Learned a lot of things in human capital, talent acquisition, employer branding, employee engagement,
The teamwork among the team was great. The seniors will help the new members although you need to be a fast learner. It is typical to work long hours.
Pros
Many activities for the employees
Cons
Working for long hours
PwC Johor Bahru offer a great working culture which people did not differentiate me as intern. They tought me same as other new joiner and guide me as well such Interns and new joiner are given equal opportunity to handle audit area(section).
Pros
Flexibility to start work
Cons
Work until late night
PwC offers a great opportunity to meet people and connect with peers and industry leaders. Overall it was a rewarding experience. Proper training is provided as well.
I joined PwC as an assurance intern using peak period and therefore long hours were expected. However, I was lucky enough to be placed in an engagement team that was full of life and also great teamwork without compromising professionalism. The management was helpful in manners they did not spoon-fed me but instead taught me the basics which made me progress further than others at an intern level. The long hours to complete deadline was nevertheless tiresome but because of the people I worked with, I came to love what I did.
Pros
Claimable parking, dinner, Ot, lifelong friendships
Cons
Long working hours
I appreciate how PwC values relationship with clients. Throughout the two months internship, I have experienced the importance of team work in completing all the given tasks.
I have gone through a typical day on my 1st day of internships. i quite challenging me to learn and adapt myself to working environment. Once i adapt to the situations everything is fun, good exposure for the fresh graduates. The supervisors are to suportive and willing to allocate their time to teach us even in their busy schedule. Good Management.
Pros
Lunch & Learn
I was an intern, so I mainly helped my seniors doing a lot of extractions using excel. I had the opportunity to get exposed with a number of different industries from food manufacturing to investment corporations. My partner (another intern) was studying Economics and it was interesting working with someone from a different background. We worked really hard together and we tend to be quite strict when it comes to deadlines
Pros
Exposed to different industries
Cons
Unsatisfied salary benefit
Senior are very friendly and helpful. They are willing to teach and work as a team to solve the problem. Management are approachable.
Seniors are willing to teach. Having the opportunity to join different groups and will be allocated to different industry in each week.
I enjoyed being part of the PwC Malaysia intern team. It is a great company and it has a strong company culture. The learning environment is very healthy with the seniors and supervising managers being very accommodating. The job is challenging so it never feel like repetitive, however the working hours may stretch during peak times.
Start work early and ends late. this shows the workload of our department. despite being extremely worn out, the outcome was rewarding and challenging. a bunch of colleagues that are supportive definitely made the task easier and processes are more efficient.
Pros
salary, employee benefits, sense of achievement
Cons
fatigue