PwC Employee Reviews for Senior Associate

Working in Pwc is kind of challenging especially you're posted in assurance department. Most of the time you would be assigned to tasks that looks impossible to complete them yet you'll be able to find sense of achievement after completing them. Summary: Challenging
Pros
Chances to work independently and steep learning curve
Cons
staff arrangement
Great place to start your career. Quick career progression. Work can be stressful during the peak periods but it’s great If you are driven. Learnt a lot and the knowledge gained has helped me in subsequent jobs.
Pros
Social, career progression, technical knowledge
Cons
Long hours during peak times
想做資訊系統導入,但只會講怎麼銷售系統,只是一群業務假裝自己有資訊專業。完全不願意雇用專業的軟體開發者,只會雇用實習生,然後再跟他們吹噓自己多厲害⋯
PwC is a good place to start your career and you will learn a lot working here. Experiences can vary greatly depending on which teams and clients you work with. It is a very high pressure environment and burn out is common. I personally don’t consider it sustainable to work here long term, especially given compensation and perks are not great compared to industry standards.
Learned a lot, helpful managers. Work life balance can be tough with travel, but mostly it depends on your client and the team. The company as a whole is great.
There will be a lot of learning, and a lot of late nights. The one thing that made me enjoy my time at PwC was that you had no choice but to progress.
Good place to start your career. High stress environment but compensated well and learned a lot. Culture is fast paced, but that is to be expected. Weight of the name seems to carry value when applying for jobs.
i enjoy the work but it is only really for people that enjoy the type of work that is done. people are young, energetic and motivated. there are lots of collaboration and coaching.
flexible hours, decent perks, cool team mates, but they'll kick you to the curb when it suits them. Don't buy their bulls**t about caring about people. It's the little people that suffer when times get tough.
Pros
flexible hours, nice downtown office
Cons
they'll stab you in the back at the earliest opportunity
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
I really appreciate the years I spent in PwC, I learnt alot and i am looking forward to the next step. The core values of PwC have helped shaped my views about life and seeing people as important. Everybody has the capacity to grow and attain the height the desire because PwC places a lot of emphasis oh hard work and excellent deliverable which will be beneficial in ones personal like as well.
Pwc is an amazing company where I’ve met amazing people who have helped my grow both my technical and soft skills. Without what I learned at PwC I wouldn’t say that I wouldn’t be the person that I am today.
Pros
Learning experienced
Cons
No work life, high pressure environment
Excelente experiencia. Totalmente recomendable, aún más para primer experiencias laborales.
Typical sink or swim environment, fast paced, highly competitive & political. Depending on the team, work can be really fun. Firm is also very innovative therefore, there is always a new thing to learn.
Pros
A good place to build yourself through learnings
Cons
Highly political, long hours, favoritism
Overall PwC is a nice place to work if you love what you do, and you are ready to put in hours day in day out. However, do not expect much in promotions especially if you do not have partners support.
Pros
Exceptional training, Travel Opportunities, Personal Growth, Collaborative Environment
Cons
Too much bureaucracy, Favouritism over merit in most cases especially promotions, Long working hours with no overtime, Bonus below minimum wage for the hours you put in, Transfer opps between different LoS reduced, Loads of experienced hires being sucked into the firm.
As opportunities are there for going on Secondment which enables you to grow as a person Professionally and Personally both. Also we can have good exposure in terms of Ind AS and IFRS experience.
Learning environment Work is different teams and managers Can sometimes work long hours when on deadlines Working with blue chip companies and learning the company dynamics
Pros
N/a
Cons
One of the most unprofessional and cheap auditing firms in Bahrain. They hire and fire easily as the CSP says that everyone is disposable. He is very naive and mainly focuses on admin tasks rather than actual business. He constantly fires people in HR dept as he doesn’t see a need for HR and wants to prove it to the region. Only people that are safe are those who serve his personal needs. Otherwise even people in our audit department are sick of the CSP and upper management arrogance and unethical behavior. People work insane hours and have been in the company for over a decade yet they are never promoted and their salaries are way below market. The regional heads are mainly focused on squeezing the life out of people and then they talk about be well work well and integrity. Don’t listen to their speak up initiatives and the values they advertise because the second you speak up about any wrong doing of a senior then you are immediately fired. Be sure of that and don’t take the risk if you have obligations. This is a very ruthless and cruel organization that mainly appreciate criminals rather than human beings.
Good culture, employee friendly, quality of work, different kind of work experiences. Helped a lot to enhance my technical knowledge. Flexible work life balance.
Strong functions , leadership willing to listen and learn and always ready to invest in employees . There is focus on improving work life balance as well
Great culture, endless opportunities, diverse (in mostly metro cities) terrible work life balance, very little mobility opportunities among lines of services.
PwC is a great place to work in every aspect. The compensation is fairly good and they use the current technologies in the market which can enhance your opportunities in the market in case you wanna move out