PwC Employee Reviews for Staff Accountant

I was a staff accountant at PWC. It was a great job which I enjoyed. Great staff and management who were always supportive. The work enviromnent was superb and the was continual room for personal growth and development.
Pros
Great work environment; room for growth;
Cons
Promotion is based on passing exams
• Assisted in the development of the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for Army Inventory Reconciliations • Performed twice monthly Army inventory data extracts in LMP ((Logistics Modernization Program) which included inventory from many army sites across the United States. • Utilizing excel formulas such as Concatenates and If then functions to find a way to calculate the lowest possible inventory discrepancy after the Root Cause analysis identified issues leading to high inventory discrepancy.
PwC is a large accounting firm that provides college graduates that have proven drive and potential a great jumping block for a career in accounting. They give you the opportunity to see the behind the scenes operations of many different industries allowing you to make your own decisions about a future career path.
Pros
Changing clients and working with many different people
Cons
Long hours, inability to see entire process
This was an entry level position after graduation. I learned about auditing cash and Accounts Receivables and inventory. This was just a bridge before relocating to the US.
Pros
Learning
Cons
This was my first job out of University. I achieved many goals in my career in audit and assurance services and expanded my professional horizons working at PwC Jamaica. My experience in audit and accounting is extensive and includes the audit of Financial Institutions, Telecommunication Companies, Manufacturing and Distribution Companies. I have enjoyed a reputation of being an efficient, hard working accountant with an excellent work attitude. I got along well with my coworkers and was exposed to working in an ever changing environment. Management was very knowledgable and willing to coach at my request.
Pros
Coaching, Training, Study Assistance, Role Models
Cons
Long hours, little work life balance
A good experience working as an auditor with a large accounting firm, albeit a short one. The team work was very good and the senior was very appreciative and supportive of my work and enabled me to get used to the working environment.
I learned from the best Accountants in the business how to audit companies and interact with staff. I worked on bank, manufacturing, and government audits primarily. I also worked on a bankruptcy case. I learned valuable lessons on self-employment tax preparation and started a business with medical residents as a result of it. I enjoyed interacting with all levels of management, as that is how we learned. I was skilled at communicating with people and was often asked to obtain information others found difficult to obtain. I always enjoyed coming back with the prize. I enjoyed coordinating jobs and even events for the company. I learned a lot of valuable lessons at C&L and still keep in touch with some of the people I worked with. This was a great group of skilled people. I left to relocate to Atlanta where I went to college.
Pros
Excellent Mentors, Great Companies to Audit
Cons
Probably should have stayed longer….
Typical day entailed reviewing client files and ensuring financial statements were compliant with audit protocols. The most enjoyable part of the day was meeting and interacting with new clients.
Pros
audit databases to improve accounting skills
Cons
extremely long hours with not much time for a social life
eager to please and worked many long hours in very large organization. worked basically for the experience
Pros
opportunity
Cons
no real chance for advancement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
A typical day at work involved completing audit schedules and in some cases preparing financial statements. I learned how to audit various components of the financial statements, analyze financial statements and to write points for management letters. Management staff was extremely unprofessional and entertained grudges and hear-say. Most of my co-workers were hostile. This hostility grew because I was able to do certain things like straightening my teeth and buying a house before they did. I suppose they wanted to determine my priorities. Some were hostile even because of the way I speak. Some were hostile to the extent that they indicated that my work was not good even before I started working. This was my first job so I knew it was malicious. The partners, especially my counseling partner did not investigate the matter as an auditor with investigative skills to ensure that the environment was improved. The hardest part of the job was working in a hostile environment. In fact, most of the audits that I went on were poorly planned and the managers and seniors on the job did not appear to understand the clients business. As a result of that say it as an advantage to understand the client's business and how the audit could be improved. It was very embarrassing at times when I did not have the background information on the clients system because the planning etc. was not properly performed. In fact, some staff members were given the task so that they could have the necessary hours to obtain a bonus at the end of the year. This was my theory. It might not be the - more...
Pros
Great outings
Cons
Poor personnel management function, poor appraisal system, salary increases not based on competence
On a typical day, I attend meetings with clients for audits, which involve asking questions about their processes, walking through the process, identifying risk and controls, testing and assessing controls to ensure compliance with significant laws, regulations and best practices.Reviewing adequacy of information systems and reporting to ensure sufficient information is being conveyed to senior management.Back at office, a typical day work would consist of preparing for an audit, writing planning documents, organizing travel schedules, preparing test plans or writing the reports of the audit which I have just completed.
Pros
good team work
Cons
none i can remember.