PwC Employee Reviews for Tax Specialist

You get to have work from home days and decent vacation days. They have awesome firm closure but when it's the season, it's a lot of work. You can get to do work at home if needed.
Management does not care about growth. You need to agree to be a pawn in order to be promoted. Your career nor your life is not your own. If you don’t oblige to being a human puppet, they will get rid of you.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Healthcare, management, unethical
They lie about a lot of benefits that they offer, flexible most of the time, and generally just wouldn’t recommend working for the service delivery center.
A place where you can learn and develop your skills. Therefore, it was a great experience to enhance my knowledge. This experience has helped to grow professionally.
Either we have idle time with nothing to do for most of the day or we're required to work long hours and weekends. Great benefits and lots of personal days available - 10. The only problem is the number of break-ins we keep getting reports about, most likely due to the downtown location. Street bums have come in, sat at desks, hid in the phone rooms, walked around the common area. Last summer, a very stressed co-worker had a screaming meltdown, concerned that the break-ins may be from tailgating, but didn't actually see how they got in. Other than the need for better or more security cameras they offer great pay and room for advancement.
Was in between jobs, helped pay the bills. Wasn't a career job but offers a lot of room for growth, networking and potential future career opportunities.
You work a lot of hours . The best part about the job is the people you work with. Very diverse (non-management level). From Jan-October you will barely see your family. Benefits are awesome (unlimited sick days, accrue 10hrs/month for vacation. You get the entire July 4th week off. Firm shut down for 1week end of December. High turnover due to pay. Great company to have on your resume.
PWC is not like any other jobs where you get paid hourly just by being on the clock. The firm is production based. the more quality work you can produce the better it is for you as an employe.
Had a good team to work with and enjoyed working here. Learnt a lot working in different teams which motivated me to be very analytic and get into details.
Pros
Free dinner when worked over time
Cons
Unable to work remote now
it was a pleasure working with pwc and all of their team. it was my pleasure to work with a company with high skills information and high skills advanced for the technical devices to deliver the best of all to all the team in the company. the ceo was relatively great to work with as i have seen the impact on all the team with all the changes that has taken place on a timely manner after the changes have been made. i really enjoyed the environment and all the work effort put in to have a great relationship to all the team and their employees. to all it was a pleasure experience to work with a company such as this. my appreciation to all the team and their effective management. to whom it may concern i am the one month person who used to work above and beyond to meet your expectations. it is my pleasure to have this experience passed over to all the candidates in Canada. to all i am very happy to see the impact of your changes on your highly educated team where the changes have made its movement to all the company team to have a pleasure work environment. thanks so much for all the team and their working behaving environment to have the pleasant to work with all and only all when all is pleasure to all the parties in the company to gain the pressure above the experience needed to weight your pleasure company. my pleasure to have you again as one of my working experience in all the time for all the great time to all the team across Canada. to all and all i am waiting for the right moment to have you again in my life to get the best experience after all the time being with a nice - more...
Entering information into the computer, correcting tax information for clients and partnership. Making sure that the amount is correct on the tax return for the clients, and balancing the clients account.
Pros
Lunch fee if work after 5pm.
Cons
Short break
Welcoming atmosphere. Flexible work schedule. Great start for fresh out of college. Good starting pay. Frequent promotions. Lots of activities to keep employee morale up. Gets very busy during tax season
Hours are flexible, however they need a new building and better management. There needs to be better growth opportunities. The company needs to value their employees a little more and promote people on their abilities and not who they know.
PwC was a horrible place to work. When I was there supervisors were horrible. They lacked the fundamental skills necessary to build a team. There is no sense of unity at PwC. There is no warm welcome. No one is going to embrace you. No one is going to care about you. There is no sense of loyalty or family at PwC.
Pros
Gain Experience
Cons
Your Work Won't Be Appreciated
Tax consultant in charge of preparation of tax returns, tax planning for clients, tax provision accrual preparation. Continuing education and peer reviews.
i don't want to do this, it was a staffing company and i worked for a large company which i liked very much. Remx just took my time sheets and paid me once a week .
I was assigned to various projects. I was able to learn how to maneuver on many software programs. Management was good. The workplace was relaxed. I felt more training was needed. I did enjoy the job while I was there but I found it to be stressful at times and there was no one that could help me out.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Training was difficult
management sucked, unless you obtain a CPA or similar you will never get further than maybe supervisor at this company. Management changes very often you may have one manager you may like and then get switched to a horrible manager who doesn't like you because you like the color green and they prefer purple. that alone would give them the reason to let you go.
Good company and good people. They treated me very well and I have no complaints. I am certain if you contact them they will give me a good work reference
When I was hired, the partners had decided to change tax software in the middle of tax season and provide NO training. This lead to team members working 60+ hours a week. This current tax season, they continued to hire new people and told us the work would come, but it never did. Without the overtime, it is near impossible to support oneself, let alone a family.
advancement is about who you know. also have to be prepared to work very long hours during busy season. Nice part is when you work long hours dinner is provided for free.