Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews

Malaysia65 reviews
It is a good firm to work with and will get a recommendation from managers if overall performance is excellent. Work and culture are varied across different groups within a large company.
PwC Consulting is an excellent place to build foundation as a business executive. The learning curve is steep and the team members are highly intellectual and effective enabling me to grow in my career. Leaders in my division were admirable and they were willing to guide and get dirty on the ground if necessary.
I have learned a lot in PwC Malaysia where people that I met there have helped and guided me throughout my entire work journey. Skills learnt in PwC will never be forgotten.
Pros
Good working environment
Receivership and liquidation assignments
Learned the roles and responsibilities of receivers and liquidators.

Good management

Good workplace culture

Hardest part of job is dealing with difficult clients

Most enjoyable part of the job is completing the assignment with good outcome.
Pros
Great place to learn and be trained
PwC Johor Bahru offer a great working culture which people did not differentiate me as intern. They tought me same as other new joiner and guide me as well such Interns and new joiner are given equal opportunity to handle audit area(section).
Pros
Flexibility to start work
Cons
Work until late night
Stressful working environment
Friendly colleagues

Learnt how to deal with client for queries

Long working hours to complete huge workload

Working in a team is the most enjoyable job
It is a place where you can build a great career if you can deliver great work, excel at networking across the firm, and can build partner support. Exceptional employees are the "average" here, so if you aren't knocking it out of the park all the time then you can expect to only be rated in the middle of the pack, and receive nominal raises and performance bonuses.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Long hours working
Personally as s a contract staff, started my first ever job with one of Big 4 during peak period, everday is very challenging. With the best people walking in the same journey, I found it was a challenging journey yet so fun. However, my learning curve during the time is the steepest in my entire life so far. I learned a lot from computer skills, professional skills to life skills from the job. The management is very organized and responsible towards the job and both upwards and downwards people. For example, there is an evaluation from managers to the juniors as well as an upward feedback from juniors to seniors upwards. The workplace culture is very professional, particular for the growth and development of all individuals and apply good relationship with the colleagues and clients. As audit life during peak period requires to work super long hours, it becomes the hardest part to me as I take public transport which the operation time is already fixed before 12.00 am. I can say everythng apart from the transportation is the most enjoyable part of the job. I enjoyed being part of the journey and PwC has been one of the best memories in my life.
Pros
The working style, the people & the brand.
Cons
No annual leave for contract staffs but understandable because short period
This company has an excellent reputation and it is the most appropriate place for me to work at because it has high degree level of works and standards which will allow me to provide a great opportunity to challenge myself.
enjoyinggg so much working at this company. i love all the system that their using.more tolerate between HR and staff.but i have to let it go for the sake of family.
Pros
have room for 1st mum
Cons
going back late
Working in Pwc is kind of challenging especially you're posted in assurance department.
Most of the time you would be assigned to tasks that looks impossible to complete them yet you'll be able to find sense of achievement after completing them.

Summary: Challenging
Pros
Chances to work independently and steep learning curve
Cons
staff arrangement
This company is good for those who want to develop their career as the environment there will bring us to improve yourself. As the company is a reputable company so the work there is quit much but there always have something new you will learn everyday.
Pros
Good workplace and collegue
Cons
deadline
Is a very good place to hone your skills and get boatloads of work experience. Great for establishing your future career path.

What I love about working as an audit manager in PwC is that it is somewhat time-flexible... what is important is we meet deadlines and give a high standard of work. Where and when we do it, it up to us...

Although we end up work overtime all of the time, the flexibility is very much welcomed... at least will reduce the amount of stress faced everyday....
Pros
Great work experience and good work culture.
Cons
Tight deadlines, high stress
The internship itself can very depending on the team you are working with which directly impacts your experience as a fresh intern with no previous experience in the assurance sector.
PwC is s stressful place but I've learned a lot there. We have experienced seniors and they taught us a lot. Overall its a stressful placewhere comes with good resources
Pros
Resources
Cons
Working hours and workload
Good working culture and helpful supervisors. Expectations were high so I had to learn quickly which I find very beneficial. Interns were allocated in small groups to allow each of them to have equal workload.
PwC offers a great opportunity to meet people and connect with peers and industry leaders. Overall it was a rewarding experience. Proper training is provided as well.
Management is considerate, they understand your personal problems & challenges.
My boss & peers were very co operative , they always adjusted my personal commitments ( as Im a mother with challenges)
Its a great place to start your career. Great emphasize will be given on improving your professional knowledge especially your technical capabilities and soft skills. Great management and support staff to assist you in achieving your dreams
I joined PwC as an assurance intern using peak period and therefore long hours were expected. However, I was lucky enough to be placed in an engagement team that was full of life and also great teamwork without compromising professionalism. The management was helpful in manners they did not spoon-fed me but instead taught me the basics which made me progress further than others at an intern level. The long hours to complete deadline was nevertheless tiresome but because of the people I worked with, I came to love what I did.
Pros
Claimable parking, dinner, Ot, lifelong friendships
Cons
Long working hours
Great teammates, great bosses, but the work was really really demanding and required you to dedicate long hours to meet deadlines. Great adrenaline rush from going from deadline to deadline, that comes with working with a great team and a great boss.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8K