Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews

Malaysia65 reviews
It is a good firm to work with and will get a recommendation from managers if overall performance is excellent. Work and culture are varied across different groups within a large company.
Professional firm full with accounting profession.
Can learn a lot in PwC. Superiors are willing to teach.

workload is huge, have to well manage the time.
The working environment here is generally quite good and professional. People here are very nice and employees are oftenly being encouraged to participate no mater in work or in social outings
Pros
good working culture
Cons
stressful hours
Human capital, development of staff and collageous are the main factor beside everyday is learning process for me to gain a knowledge and expericen.
Communicate with people
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Best
- Open management and able to accept changes for good.
- Take care of employees welfare

- Encourage team work

- Provide a platform to build a leader

- Provide a good learning platform to employees
Pros
Great organisation overall
Cons
I appreciate how PwC values relationship with clients. Throughout the two months internship, I have experienced the importance of team work in completing all the given tasks.
Basically I did 6 different engagements on assist preparing the audit report.

Challenging scope of work hence motivates me to learn more. The team are friendly and always assist the interns to understand the line of work. Great opportunity to start for fresh graduates under accounting background.
Pros
food and travel claims
Cons
long working hours
I have gone through a typical day on my 1st day of internships. i quite challenging me to learn and adapt myself to working environment. Once i adapt to the situations everything is fun, good exposure for the fresh graduates. The supervisors are to suportive and willing to allocate their time to teach us even in their busy schedule. Good Management.
Pros
Lunch & Learn
PwC has an great working culture and learning curve. Management are good, colleague and helpful and friendly.
Long working hour when peak season for audit.
Pros
Good learning curve
Cons
Long working hour
A good workplace for freshers who are looking forward to getting exposure towards accounting career. Friendly and approachable people who are ready to direct freshers to adapt to the work culture. Long hours of work yet I enjoyed myself there. The hardest part of the job was the distance that I had to travel to clients place. It took nearly 3 hours to get to one of my client places.
Pros
fruitful experience
Cons
travelling distance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
There is a lot about the firm that is great. It is a great culture that values collaboration (below the partner level), that truly values diversity of its employees, and that is very collegial.

It is a place where you can build a great career if you can deliver great work, excel at networking across the firm, and can build partner support. Exceptional employees are the "average" here, so if you aren't knocking it out of the park all the time then you can expect to only be rated in the middle of the pack, and receive nominal raises and performance bonuses.

It has a strong brand in the market. The firm's latest brand health index rated it at the top of the other "big 4" firms (Deloitte, KPMG, and EY) as well as other non-audit/tax firms like Accenture.
Depending on your job, you may have a period of work life balance experience.
Lots of skills and experience you could gain there, and good advancement opportunities.
Pros
lots of fun events
Cons
politics
PwC is a great working place where it emphasizes on people culture. We learn how to work as a team and we never leave anyone behind, we support each other and grow together as a team. Of course, we are also expected to work late in order to meet all the deadlines.
Pros
People culture
Cons
Long working hours
It was a very great opportunity and experience to be an intern in PwC. I have learnt a lot throughout my internship period. I have been given the opportunity to prepare a simple tax computation for dormant companies. Besides, I learnt about the tax treatment for companies in Malaysia by key in the capital allowance which later need to be deducted from the tax payment. Prepare the Tax Information Package (TIP) to be sent out to the clients in order to gather all the information needed and many more. My seniors are very friendly and helpful. They guide me throughout my internship. The hardest part being an intern in PwC is that I do not have basic knowledge on tax so I need sometimes to really understand it. While the best things being there is I enhanced my skills and gain such a valuable experience.
I was an intern, so I mainly helped my seniors doing a lot of extractions using excel. I had the opportunity to get exposed with a number of different industries from food manufacturing to investment corporations. My partner (another intern) was studying Economics and it was interesting working with someone from a different background. We worked really hard together and we tend to be quite strict when it comes to deadlines
Pros
Exposed to different industries
Cons
Unsatisfied salary benefit
It is quite a good firm in providing learning opportunity to the staffs in terms of audit methodology, management skill as well as communication skill. As per expectation, the audit life during peak period was quite pressuring, however, it has been compensated with sense of unity from the team members as well as the satisfaction gained from the completion of portfolios.
Pros
Flexibility of working hours
Cons
Tight deadlines with few portfolios
Senior are very friendly and helpful. They are willing to teach and work as a team to solve the problem. Management are approachable.
Great place to start and develop your career but the compensation could be better for the number of hours required. A typical day at work involves finding out where your assigned for the week/day, and then plan your work according the time allocated. A great deal of independence is expected and you will be expected to be able to find yourself useful quickly to avoid getting a bad review at the end of the performance evaluating year.
Pros
Career development
Cons
Poor remuneration and long work hours
Coming from engineering background with no history of accounting knowledge, I get exposed to accountancy field, and managed to complete my ACCA within 4 years time. It's a great place to build your career path, as well.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Long hours, high demand.
I've experienced a great experience across my working experience as auditor with PwC. The exposure given in dealing with Senior Management was most valuable which one will not experience unless they've work with the firm. In overall, I enjoyed working with PwC.
Seniors are willing to teach. Having the opportunity to join different groups and will be allocated to different industry in each week.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8K