Rentokil Initial

Rentokil Initial Salary & Benefits reviews: Pest Control Technician

Good work life balance. Plenty of opportunities for overtime and earning commission through leads. Full training provided. Ablitilty to manage your own day.
7 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The earning potential is endless with us, thanks to both the overtime and leads commission you mention, as well as the bonus offerings and incentives! I hope you are harvesting the benefits of our comprehensive training scheme and it's great to hear you enjoy the freedom of arranging your own calendar. Keep up the good work!Marketing Manager
the grad scheme is not a grad scheme.in short you are paid more and pushed through your training but the apprenticeship work you are required to complete is the same as every other employee. during covid the management have shown their hand. those that were not furloughed were expected to pick up the slack and carry out additional services irregardless of job description or training. overtime has been forced with the "we're all making sacrifices'" and "well at least you have a job".when asked about any form of compensation for working unsociable hours outside or duties outside those described in our contract were were once again told we are lucky to have jobs. we have been told that if we develop symptoms we are to take unpaid leave irregardless of whether if we have been infected as a result of going into sites. in short they have shown that profit and public image is far more valuable than the safety and well being of their staff
Pros
the work is varied and can be really interesting
Cons
forced long hours, no work life balance, constant micromanagement, the feeling that you are expendable and are treated as such
Treat you as a number,only after the dollar.Clients don't seem too be important,long as they pay. As a technician you are only as good as your last job to them .
Cons
Under pressure
Started last year October and have been supported and pushed by staff members to strive for the best. The main reasons for working here is you have job autonomy, good pay with benefits, and no ceiling over head for progression.
12 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. It sounds like you've had a great start to your journey with us! We give you the freedom to manage your own calendar and if you're doing a good job, we'll let you crack-on from day-to-day. There will also be plenty of touchpoints built into your first year with us to help you grow and achieve further!Promotion is dependent on performance, meaning you will know what you need to do to progress further, with KPIs to tell you how you're doing each month. Continue to make the most of the extra pay on offer! Marketing Manager
Rentokil is a great company to work for, it provides many benefits including a reasonable salary, bonuses, commission, company vehicle and all uniform and PPE provided for you. There is a large range of opportunity to progress within the company if you put the work in for it with managment and colleague support behind you. Overall best company I have worked for.
2 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Not only are there ways you can earn lots of extra money with us but we also take your personal safety very seriously - you will be very well equipped for the environments you enter. I hope in the future you grab the opportunities available to you and good luck for the new decade with us. If you get promoted, come back and leave us a review with five stars! Marketing Manager
Rentokil is a good company to work for however the pay could be increased due to what is expected of us as front line staff. It is a good place to work with lots of progression however you are expected to complete a lot of overtime and it's not fairly challenge when not completed.
2 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. I'm really glad you are enjoying your time with us and that you know of the progression opportunities in place if you perform well. We are very aware of the demands on our front line staff who often move heaven and earth to make sure our customers are receiving the service they expect. As a result, our payment system rewards those colleagues who are consistently making the customer happy through bonuses and incentives beyond the basic salary figure. If you are working hard and doing a good job for your branch, I hope you are not too dissatisfied when looking at your pay packet each month. The overtime you receive is also paid and the level of work on offer tends to ebb and flow seasonally. Overtime should be a choice and if you feel you are doing too much overtime, it might be worth having a chat with your Team Leader about it. Keep the good work!Marketing Manager
Rentokil is a great place to work with great management, continuous development and good benefits. It is a stress free, friendly environment to work in.
29 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We appreciate your comments towards the friendly environment, the benefits and the development on offer to you. A great manager above you can be really important in times of need so I'm glad to hear you receive the right amount of support. Thanks again. Marketing Manager
Amazing training courses from new starting that Carrys on through your career. Brilliant work life balance, overtime when wanted, fuel paid and good wages.
23 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. We have over a number of years produced a range of courses beyond the first 6 months that will allow you to continue to develop your skills within Rentokil Initial. Continue to make use of these opportunities to learn! I'm also glad to hear you've found the right work/life balance which can be difficult in any role. Keep up the good work!Marketing Manager
Very demanding workload for the money. Long hours and too many apps to use during the working day. A lot of out of hours work required at not much more than standard hourly rate (anywhere between 7pm and 3am) these do need doing too. Jobs sold with unrealistic timeframes. Certain surveyors way oversell jobs to clients just to make more money for themselves but as a technician it’s your name on the report not theirs. Also has an extremely unrealistic bonus scheme....basically don’t ever expect a bonus at all. Look at the smaller pest company’s if this is what you want to do and avoid the larger ones.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Long hours, low pay and unrealistic bonus targets.
19 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you have not enjoyed your working experience overall with us. We do appreciate that our company is not the right fit for everyone and our technicians do work demanding hours at times and are rewarded with overtime. The majority of our pest control technicians manage to hit targets and the bonuses and incentives that arrive with a good performance. If you want to work hard to earn more and to achieve in a company through progression, there is no better company to join than Rentokil Initial UK, regardless of which sector you are interested in. I'm glad to hear that you got on well with your colleagues and enjoyed the close-knit team atmosphere we try to create. The comments you have made on unrealistic timeframes and overselling of jobs is noted and will be raised at the next management meeting. Thanks again.Marketing Manager
If your willing to work hard this is a good job. You will have the potential to earn good money and have a good, stable career with excellent job security.
Pros
Opportunity to earn good money/opportunity for a good career
Cons
The opportunities don't come easy. Be willing to work hard
I am currently employed by Rentokil under the Graduate scheme. My time at Rentokil has been challenging but in a positive way. The support by the Team Leaders, Line Managers, assessors and trainers is second to none. You enter a customer Service apprentiship as soon as you enter the company to help build your confidence (this does not affect your salary) Starting as a Technician, the only up as there are many avenues to go down in your career at Rentokil. If you are hardworking, enjoy planning your working day and want careee progression, I highly recommend joining Rentokil.
Pros
Support, lots to learn, career progression
Cons
Can seem daunting at first
14 February 2019
Hello,Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, and for highlighting that the role can be challenging and very fast paced - it is so important for people looking to chose Rentokil Initial as a career to understand that the work can be tough. I'm glad to hear you are being supported in your role, and as you said opportunities are endless - very best of luck for your bright future with us!HR Manager
If a action packed working environment is for you then a rentokil pest technician is for you. I have been a pest technician for over a year now and every day is something different and interesting. Good opportunities to be promoted and strong job security made me apply for this role. A massive backing from management and other members of staff make your job much more simple. Good pay and good opportunity to earn extra than just your salary. Company van so no fuel costs when driving to work. Good overtime rates Also the best apprentice program in the country which is well organised and well backed. Don't miss out and apply
Pros
Company van, good sercuity, good pay
6 February 2019
Hi,Thank you for leaving us a brilliant 5* review. I'm glad you picked up on the fact that our Technician role is action packed - certainly not for the faint-hearted, but that's why we love it. And you're right - if you are willing to work hard the perks and benefits are there for you to grab. Keep doing what you are doing and continue to enjoy your role.HR Manager.
I joined Rentokil as a pest control control technician 2 months ago and so far I've had a very positive experience. I chose Rentokil as the Science graduate scheme looked rewarding in terms of oppurtunities and other benefits. So far I have found the work varied and interesting, and the training engaging and comprehensive. In my short time here I have learned that you can get out what you put in and that managers and other technicians will always provide any advice or assistance when required. The training and the apprenticeship scheme is structured well and incorporated effectively within the job role.
Pros
Oppurtunities for overtime, bonus and career advancements if hard work is put in
Cons
Uniform not the best
6 February 2019
Hi,Thank you for leaving us a 5* review. I am glad to hear you are enjoying the Science Graduate scheme - it's a lot different to other graduate opportunities on the market in terms of the varied and hands on work you do from the outset - something we're quite proud of! There are countless opportunities for our Graduates, and you're right you certainly get out what you put in. With that said, I'd like to wish you the very best of luck in your career with us!HR Manager. Camberley.
Good things - Own vehicle to look after, own phone for each technician Challanges - No work/life balance, busy, squashed schedule. Not required to but have to do some inspection reports in own time, because they don't allow enough time during the day. Once I leave, I won't be back.
Pros
Look after technicians with accomodation food, while traveling away
Cons
To much traveling away from home, lots of bugs can be challanging, like termites and birds.
The place was fun to work at and I only left as I'm moving away. Managers were supportive, workload was sizeable and some of the benefits for making leads and looking after my customers let me earn more money. They all look after you and often help, although some of the junior managers don't always have time for you. You learn loads about effective Pest Control and the industry, and I would work there again.
Pros
Earning potential / Opportunity to learn
Cons
Lots of work to get done / Traffic is often a problem