SAM Meerkat (M) Sdn Bhd

SAM Meerkat (M) Sdn Bhd Employee Reviews

Malaysia6 reviews

Easy to adapt with environment

I just enjoy working at this company, not so bad and not so good. Pattern shift work is 5 days working (Monday-Friday) and 2 days leave (Saturday and Sunday). I learned many knowledge about electronic and mechatronics part. I also got Chinese friends. Working here was not really hard job. The most enjoyable part working here was, I can have my own break time anytime anywhere.

Pros

Auto OT is controllable

Cons

Short break, auto OT is less (1.5 hrs only), no allowances such as attendance and transport

Productive and fun workplace

work for 5 days. Many facilities are provided such as canteen, prayer room, car park and more. Good and good management. There is much to learn, especially for fresh graduate

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Not recommend to join this company

Even though the company is pushing for MNC status, in actual, the company is still running like a local Malaysia company. The working environment is toxic; it is challenging to work as a team between departments. Finger pointing by the Program department instead of working together with other departments is the main reason that leads to best employees quitting from the company every now and then. Shouting at team members during GYAT program as though everyone is wrong. This seriously affects team spirit as the irrational shouting shows that respect for others is not in place. These unprofessional behaviors actually cause projects to fail but nobody seems to notice the consequence. Apart from that, the way managers manage the employees is also not professional. One important trait is missing from the managers in the company – leadership. Employees and even new employees are expected to know how to proceed based on the vague instruction. When things don’t turn up as expected, managers will pressurize and blame the employees without a hint of guidance. Work Life Balance is also missing from the company. Most staffs are driven to work until late night. Last but not least, the ignorance of labour law by the management is also obvious. Employee termination without clear reason happens frequently. In some cases, employees are asked to leave within 1 month notice – even the old-timers who had served loyally for many years. Overall, for the sake of the company reputation as well as sustainability in the market, the company really should look into the -

Pros

Good for Intern to gain knowledge, because of frequent permanent employee resign

Cons

Penang CFO and Manager not trustworthy

interesting and fun workplace

typical a bit challenge to work in this company due to multitasking of the employee for the daily tasks caused different workplace culture compare to other. This company control very tight on their operating expense which the cost they use to generate the profit included administrative and company facilities setup. This is because they want to reduce the cost in operating expense in term of to enhance the net profit. However they have a good management because of ability to create a high return of equity and strong financial position.

Pros

long working hours

Cons

short break

Good working colleague especially those senior engineers. Political workplace culture especially in the office. Hardest part of the job require to do OT

enjoy and fun

During my industrial training, I have learned many things which improve my skills and my knowledge. The environment is quite fun and I enjoyed it so much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAM Meerkat (M) Sdn Bhd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits