Sanmina Corporation

Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews in Kanata, ON

Management ok, employees are not so friendly, need to Improve health & safety. Has to be full forty hours work time. I did learn new things but need secure & safe job to be created.
I was hired through an agency to work at Sanmina. The interview was brutal; I was criticized for my employment history and lack of experience, but got the job nonetheless. Despite the lengthy commute and lack of benefits, I enjoyed my experience. Work was decent, and my colleagues are really nice. As of this review, they rewarded my contributions by letting me go suddenly (through the agency, over the phone).
Pros
Decent work and friendly coworkers
Cons
They drag their feet when it comes to hiring agency employees permanently
The culture is one of totally dictatorship, breaks and lunch are controlled to the second. they have no real reviews or increase in salary. I would rather dig ditches than ever work there again. However, the employees that I did work with all seem to get along as a functioning group. Management needs a review, but since the top brass are too lazy to get off their butts to visit Canada from the US and find out how badly the employees are treated, then nothing will change.
The company does it's hiring through staffing agencies and, the chances you'll be hired permanently are very slim. Many of the people I worked with were never hired and had worked through the staffing agency for, in some cases, a year or more. However, should you be hired into the company the pay increase isn't very much and, you still won't have benefits as the company only allows you to work 37.5 hours a week (under 40 hours, no benefits.) As stated, you're allowed 37.5 hours a week which makes you a part time employee, but, you're expected to work on weekends and even though you're working well over 40 hours on top of losing your time off, you're still only a part time employee. Management rarely understand the product they're manufacturing on the floor but will consistently tell you or suggest that you're doing it wrong. The floor manager is the same fellow you see in those movies from the 1950's that stares you down as you work (I kid you not.) It's a toxic work environment.
Cons
No benefits, part time, weekend overtime expected of employees, poor management
Everything in this company is perfect, except for the salary is a bit low. However, it is a great place to start with the available skills with no exp required.
Very High drive company which have most amazing goals. Each employee is drive and make of company. Everyone is treated like they have say in company
Pros
Supporting each other
Cons
Na
Good place to work. enjoyable every day. Good supervisor, organize working, try to help everyone, make people happy and have fun. But Parking to small and too tie.
Pros
good working hour
Cons
parking too tie
It is very quiet upstairs in the offices and cubicles where I currently work and you do not get to interact much with others. I previously used to work downstairs in the warehouse where it was much louder and busier and I used to interact with many other employees.
The company is too big, relatively loose management, coordination of the various departments is not particularly good. I work at night time, although most of the time can work well, but often because of poor coordination work is not particularly successful. Simply by improving management practices, we should be able to work even more good.
supervisor and co-worker are very friendly. Im enjoying what I do doing inspect of the product. sometimes there is nothing to do which is hard because time go slow.
They really need to take some courses on motivating their employees, because continuously threating all of your employees just causes stress and unhappiness.
Pros
Cons
have zero respect for any employees
its manufacturing so it to be expected fast pace & repetitive, Very easy work but you must be very detailed oriented. My boss is good but the company itself will not give you promises, it only gives you an open end contract so you will never know when your last day is, no benefits, only 2 week vacation, no sick days, no raises, there might be other job opportunities but still no raises just a different job or task
Pros
2 weeks vacation
Cons
no benifits
A clean and intelligent job working in new energy development. I learned a ton of new and interesting things here, and was able to round out many of the skills and areas where I felt I was lacking.
I had good time working at this company. I learned a lot about Nortel systems and their optical tests. Co-workers were great and very supportive. The problem in todays tech life is that companies tend to outsource and off-shore production quickly, thereby off-loading local employees. Employees, in high-tech, have to constantly, look for new jobs thereby creating job insecurity syndrome. I love working with, and troubleshooting opto-electronics products and equipments.
Pros
relaxed work environment with fun friends
Cons
job insecurity