Sanmina Corporation

Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

repetitive work which wasn't really hard staff there super nice and friendly good place for new grads to gain a bit of experience but not long term future
Pros
great team
Cons
robotic work
Insufficient training everyone is so busy all the time heavy work load RMA interference to production there for it was extremely difficult.to meet dead lines
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Regular hours
All I'll say is I don't think you're paid for what you are expected to do. Plus when I started working there,I saw most people leave cause of the pay and management. I however loved the people I worked with
Pros
Good people on team
Cons
Not decent wage/management
I really enjoyed my time at Sanmina and I a lot of industry experience. Also, I was involved in projects which were somewhat challenging but I got to learn a lot. Lastly, I would recommend Sanmina to any young graduate looking to gain industry experience.
Understanding of in process work to see to completion in a period of time. Document any issues for trace-ability and correct through inspection and machine automation.
Pros
recognizing people in roles
Cons
Distance to travel to work was a little excessive.
A good place for newcomer and new worker to start , but career advancement is rarely happened and management is poor . The company management hardly recognized its employee's contribution and personal achievement . The pay is low and people is experiencing low morale . Most workers stay simply to make ends meet .
A typical day of work consists of an inventory count to start the day/shift followed quickly by a productive and attention demanding shift. They pride themselves on the quality of their product and make a note to hold up high standards in the product that is shipped globally.
Pros
in-house caf
Cons
very little difference in pay between positions
Some days are repetitive others are interestingly challenging. It's rewarding when troubleshot the problem. Work with interesting test equipment and products.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Fast pace, clean room environment, skill development place .Sanmina is the place where one can learn and make strong career foundation. Very advance technology.
Pros
skill improvment chances
Cons
very demanding
The supervisors are great but thats about it. There are engineers working here without a degree, everyone is getting paid almost nothing, and all the money they save from labour goes directly top tier people. And there is no job security.
Pros
Good Supervisors
Cons
Bad pay
I never had a good work day where i came to work happy and left happy, team leaders and management are very uncooperative with the needs of the employee, always hires outsource so they dont pay anything when they release an employee with or without cause.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and mentally unstable management
Normal working environment, equal hiring opportunity Adherence to company policies Compliance to safety regulations Health and safety taken seriously Attendance important
The people are great, however with the way management runs things it isn't the greatest of places to work. Did enjoy my overall time here but again it was mainly due to those I immediately worked with.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No chance of advancement, crosstraining, or changing of work schedules (from nights to days, etc)
Close net of people who achieved a high degree of output with discipline and quality in Ottawa. My title as supervisor and really enjoyed people and work.
Clean work space and friendly staffs. Able to assist at different stations and perform varieties of task in the assembly from process; such as build smaller to large electro-mechanical components
the most enjoyable part of job was continuely learning new skills during your work, more learning more ablities to complete the work that team leader asks you do
Exiting work environment, constantly learning and advancing in my career. Enjoyed a lot working with all designers and new projects and procedures. Excellent incentives
The supervisors are understanding, great workplace with friendly workers. Wage is good, and schedule is flexible. Raally enjoyable job, time passes quickly.
Great working atmosphere, a lot of team-work oriented tasks