Sanmina Corporation

Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews in Carrollton, TX

Good working environment, reasonable hours and pay. Got to use computers, software and test equipment. People were pleasant to work with. It was a good experience overall. I rate it 4 stars.
This is a very large facility with many different positions all of which have their own individual pros and cons. The stockroom of the repair section is mismanaged. Favoritism and nepotism everywhere.
Pros
covid proof
Cons
poor management
It is just OK place to work, manufacture, production line environment. Co-workers are nice to be with. Lack of daily communication from management. Benefits is OK.
The Company overall is good, the people and environment is great, I learned different section of different type of jobs, the only thing that was a downfall was the pay rate I was getting
I mean its a job. Not one that was liked but it was fairly stable if you stayed on the good side of management. It got me through my first two years in texas, not very well but i appreciate that i guess.
••••••Ok was a nice place to work ••••••••• Would recommend to some one new to the electronic word Wide range of cultures and people to work with Very quite place
The typical day at work is usually slow, and boring. I have a lot of down time... The workplace culture is very secluded. My first day my manager introduced me to the people closest to my cubicle, but no one else.
Working at Sanmina is pretty fast paced. The work-life balance is tough because when there's overtime their is usually a lot of it. On the flip side of that coin when it gets slow you either get laid off or if you're good employee they will try to help you keep your job and move you to another area until things pick up again.
A typical day is spent in meeting after meeting. The culture is under staff and over work the people who stay. Management does not support long term retention of quality employees. The only real benefit left is medical/dental and visual. Now, with a $3,000 deductible. $500 annual contribution to 401k. No match.
Had a great boss, but his boss was a tyrant was never happy with our work. Turned down raises we where lucky to get a raise every 2 hrs. Sanmina is a stable job if you do your job and get everything done.
as soon as I arrived, I had to go over production schedule for my customers. if anything was off, I would make notes and be ready for scheduling meeting an hour later.
Pros
my pay was great and great benefits
Cons
no cons
Culture is different depending on which division you work in. Sanmina is so big and there are so many VP's with different management styles. So you just need to make sure you work for a division that fits you.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Culture can be different from each division.
I would not recommend Sanmina to anyone unless you are extremely desperate for a job. They tend to higher older, end of career type people. The work load is excessive especially considering their pay for a buyer is at minimum 10K too low. Management is hovering constantly and do not like new ideas or processes.
Pros
Its indoors and they have A/C
Cons
low pay, heavy workload, expensive insurance, stalking management
Team effort gives 100% every day! Typical work day runs 8am to 5pm. I have learned that cables can be broken down, seeing the ins and outs, pre-production and post-production. Management is family oriented.
Conforming system across divisions. Several divisions can be in the same facility. Work culture varies across divisions. Celebrates Holidays. The big holiday is Halloween where there is a Halloween contest each year.
Good company overall to work for. Hard working co-workers that are dedicated to getting the job done. I enjoy working with the suppliers, my goal is to develop a strong working relationship with them that will yield the best results. The down side of the job is being micro managed to the point of loss time and nonproductive meetings.
Pros
Good hard working associates
Cons
Micro managing
Work is work, good place, kush job, average pay but love the guys I work with. Was re-hired after 14 months and relocated.
Sanmina encourages personal as well as professional growth in their employees. I never felt limited with this company. If there was something that I wanted to learn or be a part of - I was free to do so. Marvelous Company and Employees.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Lack of work
need an job you might work 3 days or 7 days an week and 3 week later be laid-off co-worker are great, The hardest part is knowing if you are going to work next week
A typical day at Sanmina would be placing 150 new buys, Expedite previous orders, clear any AP issues, RDR issues, Reject Issues.I learned a lot about management and dealing with suppliers outside the USA.Management was very helpful and easy to approach.Co- workers are friendly and helpful. Team environment.My favorite part of day would be when I solve a problem.
Pros
team enviroment
Cons
no room for promotion