Sanmina Corporation

Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews in Huntsville, AL

I love all the people that I worked with and if I had the opportunity to go back I would and I still might Go back because it was worth the job and I enjoyed working there
I absolutely loved my supervisor. I felt like he cared about the employees. I enjoyed doing my job (running MA01), and didn't mind working the weekend shift (3 12hr shifts). My biggest reason for leaving was the pay. I had been there for 5 years. For about 3 of those years I was a temp and didn't get any benefits or holidays. When I finally got hired on permit I did not get a raise. I made $8.33 until my first raise at my 4 year mark, and I got one more raise about 3 months before I quit. After 5 years I was only making $9.99 (that included the shift deferential).
Pros
A few good co-workers
Cons
Pay
no paid sick days. i was LET OFF for being sick with COVID-19. they LIE about cases of COVID-19 in there facility. theres no such thing as personal days at sanmina. everyone there are nasty/rude/mean people.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Everything. Do not work here
First, they need management trainingSecond, Sanmina needs to come into the present with collaborative community instead of putting all of their people in a silo environment where nobody really knows the overall goalsVacation? Yes you get vacation - but you have to use it when they tell you to - mandatory time off Christmas - New Years - Thanksgiving and now I'm seeing where it's quarterly - if you don't have the vacation that's time off w/o payYou never get the feeling that they care about their employees. Raises if any run about 2 to 4% unless you play some game threatening to quit (and you better have another offer in hand)
Pros
The people are generally very professional and great to work with
Cons
Everything else
If you have a terrible boss, your job will be stressful. Everyone seems stressed out in the department. No financial motivation. Multiple people who work at the company 10+ years are constantly denied raises.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No support from management!
I cant say anything bad about the comapny, I love the work I do, my workers and I have a great supervisor. All I would say is if the pay was a little more on par with the industry.
Pros
Schedule and co workers
Cons
Pay
The most boring job I have ever worked. If you can find another job somewhere else-TAKE IT. Occasionally you will come across people who worked there in the past and I haven't heard a good story yet from anyone.
If you want quick money, yes go to Sanmina, it's not a career job. There's no advancement, favoritism, micromanagement, pay sucks, benefits sucks, managers sucks, that place is horrible, go some place else. If you don't take my word for it, then go out there and see for yourself and then you will regret it. I promise you
I work security , have never encountered a more disrespectful toxic group of leaders in my professional life. Absolutely no consideration for employees on even basic human necessities or comforts. Everyday is walking into a stressful environment.
Unless your straight out of High school and need experience KEEP LOOKING if you come across this place. They bait you with promises of raises and things that would be normal for any other company. Once your in tho. NOTHING. I was even told "WE DON'T GIVE RAISES!!!" THE AD THAT I RESPONDED TO HAD AN HOURLY WAGE RANGING FROM $18-$25 HOURLY. When I called them out on it they tried to call me a lier!! After producing the screenshot that I took (Thank God) when I saw the ad. They them tried to place the blame on the Temp service they used during that time. Unbelievable!!!! The place is an OSHA violating sespool of a mess and should be investigated immediately!!!! STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
None at all!!!
Cons
Everything. I'm just mad that I can never get that time back!!!
No one else was hiring and I needed a job. I should have realized that this was a bad decision because they have no screening procedures in place when hiring except going through a temp agency. The pay is low with no raises. There are people that have been employed with them for over 15 years and have received, maybe 3 raises during that time, and that’s including 2020. If you choose to work here, good luck.
I have had the most flexible management team while working foe this company. To be honest, this is one of the first places in a long time where I have felt more comfortable in my life being myself than anywhere else.
Great people and coworkers, good company culture with very helpful coworkers. Health insurance needs improvement as well as additional benefits. I am seeking a position closer to my field of study.
Don't expect to be busy. The days drag on and on. Look for an empty cubicle in "cube city" and set up shop. You can normally get decent cell reception in the northwest corner.
Good place to work. Slow to fast place. Different jobs every week keeps excitement going. Can find help when needed. Work on new designs and support production as needed
No opportunity for advancement or raises. They lie about giving you raises. They do not care about the quality of the product they produce. They encourage people to tell on other employees. There is alot of favoritism. Some employees do everything but work
Horrible job would not recommend at all pay is horrible minorities has no power you have to suck up to management again would not refer anyone to this job EVER
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Unless you are a member of corporate management's family use the job as a starting point. Start looking for better opportunities outside this company ASAP. Never express your own ideas to Senior Management even when asked.
The total lack of respect from management is beyond a disgrace. You will be called DUMB and talk to and about to other co workers like your trash. The benefits are horrible, pay is pathetic. The entire job could be done remotely but instead they put you in cubicles smaller than my dogs, dog house. No flexibility at all. If you miss work you are shamed and treated horrible. If you're not friends with management or brown nose then this is not the place for you! If you want a job to grow and be treated with respect this is not the place for you! They do not supply you with the basic tools required to do your job, updated computers, monitors (you get a tiny monitor, wore out at that), they will not spend a dime on the necessities needed to succeed at your job. Instead your required to use a laptop that barely runs, freezes up 60 percent of the day, then you get yelled at for not being able to supply timely reports. It is a set up for failure. I have seen 3 co workers have nervous break downs and a few others who are barely hanging on solely because they are the sole income for their families and seem to have no choice but to stay. Or in reality they have been beaten down to the point they truly believe they are as dumb as they are told by the ones who are suppose to be giving guidance and setting examples. If you speak to other co workers with a simple chat, you are belittled in front of everyone to shut up and get back to work, yet the same Leader will chat all day with friends (co workers) about personal issues, yet that's okay. I have been a victim and a witness to nothing but - more...
This place is pretty decent but would never apply skilled loyal worker to even get a raised or promotion. I felt discriminated or even disappointed that I have 5 years worth of experience still treated me like nothing else but have having me to move to weekdays, to nights and now teaching more worker to work at weekend shift. I'm a hard worker always have a goals and a positive thinker.
No real training. Sneaky management. No inclusivity. Nepotism.No raises given. High turn over rate. I was never given a real, formal SOP to perform my job. I relied on someone to train me or find out the information on my own. I do like a small few of my co-workers, but the others I do not trust at all, and that includes management. Most people have to threaten to leave or actually leave the company and then come back to get a raise. I have learned a great deal here and met some nice people. But I see no growth here and with no raises, it makes no sense to stay or plan to retire here. I feel like all management is fake and will tell you what you want to hear in your face and dog you out behind your back. Unprofessional.