Sanmina Corporation

Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews in San Jose, CA

Be prepared to take the workplace challenges head-on. Management support will be in abundance, it is upto the employee to take the maximum benefit from it.
The work required a lot of tedious fill-ups but there were no step-by-step instructions. All knowledge kept in the employees heads. Management hopes you can swim-up if you are thrown in the pool.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
poor management, no written instructions
Harsh work environment. Favoritism is abundant so much so hard work and success takes a back seat to it. Pay is a little better now after loosing so much talent.
Pros
Lost of work
Cons
Benefits are expensive and coverage is less.
The plant that I worked in was very lean and the people and culture were feeling disgruntled. People had not received raises for over 10 years, so a lot of the supervisors did not feel the need to work 8 hour days. The products that were being built had a lot of issues and in turn the back log decreased.
Cons
Poor Compensation
They pay you almost minimum wage for jobs that should be be 18-20 dollars an hour. They also dont lke giving raises so if you decide to work for them dont expect a livable wage unless you put in 12 hours a day
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Low pay. Expects you to do work that you didnt agree to durong hiring
Low pay and reduce benefits from time to time. Management favorable. Workplace culture is not good. They just pay min wages. Expect more from employees but not so much of fairness.
This is a good place if you need a temporary job other than that your better off somewhere else. Tons of work, little pay no room for growth. People are decent here.
My manager is compassionate, brilliant and understanding. He makes my job worthwhile. I love working from home, and meeting such an array of global coworkers is wonderful.
Not a diverse company at all, and not enough pay for the work performed. Overall the job is ok so but definitely not good for a career move. I would not recommend this job to others.
Motivate workers in recreational activities outside the company, and manage learning workshops for the daily development of the company
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sanmina Corporation?
A super toxic atmosphere. Everyone is miserable. Bad local management, corporate is worse. STAY AWAY, Amazing that this Contract Manufacturer is still in business.
In Sanmina like another company you can develop your career as much you want , it's going to be depending on you am grateful all I have learned on this company.
Company is not process driven so sales activities are always different from deal to deal. The lack of consistent process flow which makes selling arduous task.
Too much politics and many old-timers that are resisting to new idea for improvement. Not much of support from management in running an assigned project.
Happy working environment.Colleagues help each other at work. Comfortable workplace and fun leader. Every day I learn a lot about building machines. A lot Vietnamese work .
Management does not care about their employees. They need to really look at management and and review them . Management is never happy even if you put in all the hours just to get things done . Management has very poor management skills . The worker bees are all very nice and hard-working people .
Lot of working hours, management does not keep their promise. If you shows management you can do something new that will be yours, more work keep added up. Sometime you get yell at for doing or saying something wrong to customer.
Good company for learn . Poor salary and poor Process . The people don’t have the knowledge for the Position. Great process to learn and move out on the future
It's a good place to get your footing in manufacturing. The job is fast pace but those around are also helpful. It's grinding work if you are working on the shop floor.
I enjoyed my time at Sanmina. I had a wonderful mentor who was instrumental in introduced me to the various areas of the department to assist in my development. I'm grateful for my time with the company and the experience I built.
Pros
Great Management and Strong company values
Cons
If you like to work hard for way too many hours, little money and never be respected this is the place for you. I advise anyone who will listen to never work for or do any business with this company.
Pros
Low Pay
Cons
Managment