Sanmina Corporation

Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews for Assembler

It's pretty fast paced simple math skills willing to work well with others labling boxes packaging box making must be able to operate different presses inspecting parts for contamination and assembling parts.
Two 15 minute breaks for a ten hour shift, horrible communication amongst management, HR/management talks down to employees, unprofessional work culture, totally unorganized, unsafe/outdated machinery, punishment if you don’t reach their quotas, pay is low. And I’ve heard of people being let go for being out from having COVID-19
Pros
Can wear headphones
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management, unrealistic quotas
no paid sick days. i was LET OFF for being sick with COVID-19. they LIE about cases of COVID-19 in there facility. theres no such thing as personal days at sanmina. everyone there are nasty/rude/mean people.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Everything. Do not work here
People there have been working for years and never got a raise. Management is poor. Too many bosses all conflicting with each other. Alot of sore hands but numbers are super important and you often get yelled at if you dont do enough. Great job for short term.
Pros
Paycheck, flexible schedule
Cons
No money in it, weekends mandatory all the time
The most boring job I have ever worked. If you can find another job somewhere else-TAKE IT. Occasionally you will come across people who worked there in the past and I haven't heard a good story yet from anyone.
Lied to us from the start, was told we get a 4 day work week, they made mandatory 5 days with a sixth if they didn't find enough volunteers. Management lacks serious intelligence and social skills. Always yelling at employees and talking down to them. Work and pay are horrible. Safety is not a big concern, and if you bring it up they talk to you like you're stupid. OSHA violations all over the plant. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Lie to you about getting hired on, it never happens.
One of the lower paying factory jobs in the area. Disorganized/poor leadership. Poor training. Too slow at getting raises/ titles changed for employees who took on more responsibility. Immature/ unprofessional culture. Too many bad actors. All kinds of talk, but minimal positive follow through. Dead end job.
Pros
Pretty relaxed, simple work. Chill coworkers.
Cons
Pay. Management. Unsatisfying work.
Horrible working environment. They view you as a machine and not a living person. If you don’t output their requested amount of parts every hour you are punished for falling behind. Their quotas are not realistic nor attainable. They set you up to fail then take 5 mins off your break. I worked 10 hour shifts with 2 ten min breaks. No lunch. You have no time to use the bathroom or eat throughout the day. People literally starve themselves. I became very sick while working here and lost a lot of unnecessary weight. I will never recommend working here.
They used 3 day weekends as a selling point to get people to take the job and then made Fridays mandatory and started writing people up for not being there. tried meeting with human resources and was dodged repeatedly. Reported harassment i saw happening with a supervisor and was terminated the next work day by said supervisor. Would never recommend.
Poor management lots of lay offs poor pay rate dept are mostly lost parts shortage your needed as they go and lied to every chance they have, poor benefits, go to McDonald's your better off
it was ok to work there. the management was understandable , effective communication. the pay was not good but pays the bills and livable. the benefit was not good.
Typically most of the people were easy to work with but they had favoritism going on to the ones that aren't through a temp agency. Management is seriously lacking in any kind of human decency and the HR dept wont listen to anything you have to say unless your above her. They need to bring back the other HR lady and get rid of this one. She is driving people away. Management needs to go back to school on how to be a manager and how to deal with people. When the president is swearing at other management in front of people that is not a good sign.
I really like this job because my boss was so good and always have a smile on his face when we did something bad with the parts that we are assembled he never go mad for nothing
It was really exciting and interesting to get the basic knowledge of soldering small components of a circuit board. I would suggest this to anyone who would be interested in learning more about basic electrical assembly.
Sanmina was a ok job but for me the money wasn’t enough at all. Making what I was making along with four kids just wasn’t cutting it.. Had to move on to better pay
Was getting paid the same for about a year and a half while i was there , one day got my check and the pay rate had been lowered by $1.00 nobody told me about this til i brought it to their attention. I worked a whole week without knowing about this. SMH...and oh yeah somebody got stabbed there on swing shift by a non employee, no security watsoever....but they do buy emplooyes pastries every other week👍👍👍😐😐😐
Pros
Pastry
Cons
Safety, pay cuts, no advancement, very hot in building
The usual manufacturing plant. Production line well thought out and spaced. Work pace was steady, but not frantic. Break periods were well spaced and lunch could be eaten outside. Doesn't matter now. Local facility shut down and building sold.
Pros
nice facility
Cons
closed
I loved working at Sanmina and I enjoyed the employees. The management was excellent and I learned a lot about working on the assembly line. The working environment was really good.
Pros
Excellent employees
Cons
Short breaks
easy and demanding,they have a lot of overtime, they don't usually have layoffs. they raises are very few and far between. they want you to ask for them to ask for raises. the work isn't hard.
Pros
they now have trainers, have to certify on every position.
Cons
it is easy work
I didn't like the people cause they were so many people favorism each other and many them had attitude and no vacations ,make u work hard and faster make sure all the work is done. they dont care if you are sick or not they make u work
Pros
they have cafe that we pay
Cons
30 mins lunch and 15 mins break
During my time working at Sanmina I have learned a number of new skills. Depending on your position and what you're hired for determines what pace your job will be at.
Pros
opportunity for growth, benefits, second chance