Sanmina Corporation

Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews for Inspector

I planned on retiring from this company but as it seems I will have to find a different job because the plant is closing. Wish them good luck in future endeavors
They pay you almost minimum wage for jobs that should be be 18-20 dollars an hour. They also dont lke giving raises so if you decide to work for them dont expect a livable wage unless you put in 12 hours a day
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Low pay. Expects you to do work that you didnt agree to durong hiring
The Job is a good bou you do not get pay for all the things you really have to do to process your part and there's Nothing for you to look for in benefits or raises or Bonus I feel that it's all about upper management and not workers.
2102 when i started we had 20hrs overtime that they told us was mandatory. we were also told that the more we learned and certified in different areas we would get raises . never happened ! But being said i loved what i did and enjoyed my co-workers and majority of my managers and supervisors. very sad the owego plant had to close.
Pros
co- workers
Cons
lost job due to poor management ( my opinion and others )
Having worked at Sanmina SCI for almost two years I can say that it is not a great place to work, but it is a good place to start in a manufacturing environment. The work flow is not steady on the Defense and Aerospace side in the location that I worked, mainly due to the inability for the planning department to plan ahead and order the parts required for the quarter, which meant the end of each quarter was a mad dash to get as much product done and shipped as possible. The management also did not seem to care about the second shift employees, as almost every employee program was geared towards the first shift employees, and many of those programs held hours before the second shift employees arrived. If you wish to get some experience, go ahead and work here, but keep it as short as you can.
Pros
experience, starting job
Cons
low wages, nepotism, poor medical benefits, low 401K matching, flack luster management
Company was constantly causing distention. To much unnecessary OT. Had to make up holidays if you took them off. No raises in over 10 years. No advancement incentives.
Seemed like they continually took money away from employees. First made us clock out for lunch, lowered shjft premiums. Overtime sometimes seemed ridiculous, mandatory when volunteers probably would have been enough.
A very diversed working place with different people, race and culture all working well with each other.
I liked it here and worked here twice..I liked the people, I enjoyed being an employee, the only reason i leftt is because Imoved away
Pros
people and shifts
Cons
pay is a little low
I was very pleased working with production personnel, however, management did not support the needs of the people. As a result, quality suffered and we began to lose several customers who expressed their displeasure with the workmanship of our products. Getting the work out at the nth hour always seem to be their priority rather than addressing the root cause and making whatever corrective actions were necessary. Many of us felt that the potential to achieve defined goals was always there, it just that no goals were ever communicated effectively or made visable. Planning and proper scheduling were factors that were missing.
Cons
no pay raises in the last four years, no recognition for achievements, benefits were not that good.