Schlumberger
Coronavirus update
Information from Schlumberger:

Schlumberger Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur54 reviews
My advice is apply for the internship, go for the challenging interview and do your internship there. You will not regret it though it might have involved lots of heavy works.
It is a fast pace moving company with diversification at workplace.Good Management whom always mentor.The working environment is working long hours is typical in the department that I attached.
Company provides very good benefits for employee and family.

The hardest part of the job is working in a fast pace environment. and the most enjoyable part is working as a team with a supportive Superior.
In Schlumberger, I did work order for the delivery of the goods to the exact location & manage day to day tracking shipment in excel. Other than that, I have learn more on logistics process which how the items have been post by using ship,air freight and trucking.
It was very difficult at first but when I start Getting into the work I gain a perfect time management experience and fast typing skills as Microsoft soft advanced was really great knowledge
Excellent company to work for however the focus is purely and entirely on profits. Employees are just numbers and easily removed for the sake of profits.
Pros
Excellent renumeration packages. Continuous training provided which is a positive.
Cons
Work life balance is non existent, SLB expects you to work 24/7, Office politics is rampant with negative office atmosphere.
I enjoyed working for Schlumberger about 15 years and the only reason I'm going to resign from my current role is only due to immigration and joining my family in UK as I have received my UK visa and work permit recently.
An absolute fun work environment.
Weekly team building activities

Higher than average salaries

Streamlined career growth programs

One of the finest pantry
Schlumberger is the leading geophysical services company worldwide and thus has several opportunities for its personnel to develop professionally. The work is demanding and might imply relocating.
Schlumberger Malaysia was a dream come true. The job was difficult but rewarding in many ways especially the learning and experience of the locations themselves.
-Management and support to Finance Department in
Account Receivables South East Asia (SEA) Team.

Receiving and delivering invoices and credit notes to

clients from Billing Specialists in Schlumberger

Kuala Lumpur Financial Hub (KLFH). Assigned to

monitor monthly collection for a client. Able to

improve my excel skills and also communication as I

liaise a lot with Finance Department and Sales

Department.

-I had a very fun experience while working here. My colleagues was so supportive in helping me to handling the workloads.

-The best part in Finance Department is you can get a free breakfast every Friday.
Pros
Conducive workplace
Great place to work, to learn, great place to develop yourself especially taking it as your first job helps build your attitude towards work place and career planning
A good place, with highly experienced workers. The environment is challenging and every day you learn knew things. Training is provided and your career growth is followed by your manager. They value the quality of your work a lot and recognize it by awards and promotion.
The challenges are really high and there is no tolerance for mistakes which makes it so stressed.
Pros
Training, work experience, high technology tools.
Cons
Stress, Long working hours, highly demanding.
enormement de travail mais ceci est formateur pour le futur
The working environment is amazing, everyone is so motivating and it inspires me so much. The company provides enough allowance for interns as well as providing medical allowances every month. The management is very well organised with a set of systems that is used through out all companies in different countries.
Pros
Free gym access, authorities in making decisions.
diverse, great work culture, work-life balace, training, progress, management is people orinted but also challenging technical environment. Great place to start your career
I have successfully completed 6 months internship in Schlumberger.
• In Schulmberger, there is always something new to learn.

• I have acquired numerous skills such as teamwork, time management, technical skills, HSE awareness and so no.

• Good management: Do performance meeting at the end of every month. In case of any mistake, they will guide you how to fix it and avoid from the mistake re-accordance.
Pros
Career development, diversity, ...
Cons
No Cons
good company Working with vibrant international people and other co worker that is willing to help from the very basic to learn more and exposure with Career opportunities
Worst experience of my working career and would never consider another position with Schlumberger again, Company has no consideration for employee's or their families.
Day to day administrative works dealing with tender preparations and office matters i.e. visa process for foreign workers and expatriates, travel booking, placed training as per schedule etc. Learned a different working process compared to working with local company in terms of processor and skills. Loved how structured the management ranks and Company strictly focused on safety at work place. The hardest during the oil price crisis and losing staff therefore more portfolio to response and expects long work hours. Also manning the tender preparation process and submission as per numerous deadlines. Nevertheless it was a good company to work with as professionalism is their motto.
Pros
Works with all levels and multi skills
Cons
Long working hours
The diverse culture allows you to work with people from many countries, this enables you to develop efficient collaboration & communication skills.
The open door culture where any issues/ discussions can be held with your manager encourages everyone to speak their mind or ask questions where in doubt.

The culture of continuous improvement allows everyone the opportunity to think outside the box and always find ways to automate transnational processes and/or strengthen the current process.

Though month ends can be stressful, the learning that you get is exponential and valuable for the progress of your career.
Pros
Open door culture
Cons
Stress