Schlumberger
Coronavirus update
Information from Schlumberger:

Schlumberger Management reviews

Malaysia131 reviews
It is a fast pace moving company with diversification at workplace.Good Management whom always mentor.The working environment is working long hours is typical in the department that I attached.
It was very difficult at first but when I start Getting into the work I gain a perfect time management experience and fast typing skills as Microsoft soft advanced was really great knowledge
Excellent company to work for however the focus is purely and entirely on profits. Employees are just numbers and easily removed for the sake of profits.
Pros
Excellent renumeration packages. Continuous training provided which is a positive.
Cons
Work life balance is non existent, SLB expects you to work 24/7, Office politics is rampant with negative office atmosphere.
Have a lot of benefit for the workers.

Learn a lot of skill that needed especially when working in oil and gas sector

Good management, from from top management to engineer and to operator.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Short breaks
- the most enjoyable part of the job is the colleague came from different country
- management here is good
- the hardest part of the job is the task given with high volume and more like a processing job
- typical day at work - weekdays and 8 to 5
-Management and support to Finance Department in
Account Receivables South East Asia (SEA) Team.
Receiving and delivering invoices and credit notes to

clients from Billing Specialists in Schlumberger

Kuala Lumpur Financial Hub (KLFH). Assigned to

monitor monthly collection for a client. Able to

improve my excel skills and also communication as I

liaise a lot with Finance Department and Sales

Department.

-I had a very fun experience while working here. My colleagues was so supportive in helping me to handling the workloads.

-The best part in Finance Department is you can get a free breakfast every Friday.
Pros
Conducive workplace
Learned new things during my internship period there. The professionals were very helpful in assisting my daily tasks. The management was great and the environment was excellent.
The working environment is amazing, everyone is so motivating and it inspires me so much. The company provides enough allowance for interns as well as providing medical allowances every month. The management is very well organised with a set of systems that is used through out all companies in different countries.
Pros
Free gym access, authorities in making decisions.
diverse, great work culture, work-life balace, training, progress, management is people orinted but also challenging technical environment. Great place to start your career
I have successfully completed 6 months internship in Schlumberger.
• In Schulmberger, there is always something new to learn.

• I have acquired numerous skills such as teamwork, time management, technical skills, HSE awareness and so no.
• Good management: Do performance meeting at the end of every month. In case of any mistake, they will guide you how to fix it and avoid from the mistake re-accordance.
Pros
Career development, diversity, ...
Cons
No Cons
Being in a private Company with high demand of work is very much evident in working with Schlumberger. Assisting the Operations Controller, Field Service Managers, and other stakeholders in terms of finance was my primary role especially in providing them accurate financial data and reports that will help in the Management decision process. Despite this kind of workplace culture, I can definitely say that it was very much enjoyable being part of the finance team of Schlumberger because of work collaboration and work flexibility. The hardest part of it was to work on extended hours especially during Month-end Reporting but it was still considered enjoyable as you work not just by yourself, but with a Team - coaching and mentoring each other.
Day to day administrative works dealing with tender preparations and office matters i.e. visa process for foreign workers and expatriates, travel booking, placed training as per schedule etc. Learned a different working process compared to working with local company in terms of processor and skills. Loved how structured the management ranks and Company strictly focused on safety at work place. The hardest during the oil price crisis and losing staff therefore more portfolio to response and expects long work hours. Also manning the tender preparation process and submission as per numerous deadlines. Nevertheless it was a good company to work with as professionalism is their motto.
Pros
Works with all levels and multi skills
Cons
Long working hours
SLB is great school for who wants to learn and grow fast in his professional career. You are being watching always by your managers and the management system is truly based on the MBO system. On top of being a perfect technical school, SLB also has a real international work atmosphere which helps you to get familiar with all types of cultures.
The most enjoyable part of the job as field engineer is traveling around the world which makes your life adventurous.
Pros
good salary, traveling, knowing different cultures
Cons
no work-life balance
Since it is a multinational company, the environment is very different with other companies.

The managers are all nice and the colleagues are very welcoming and good. I really enjoyed working there.

Even though im an intern there, they didn't treat me differently, we got the same tasks as the executives.

I learned a lot of things in Schlumberger.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Insecure job
Work can be tough. I learn that if you did not manage your work, you will get stressed out. The management of the company can be better. What I like the most is the culture at workplace. Lots of new people and character to work with. The hardest part of the job is that when the work isn't managed- thus you will get stressed out. The most enjoyable part of the job is the monthly payment. I think it can get higher.
Schlumberger is a very good place to fast track your career especially for fresh outs. Schlumberger's diversity is one of prime strengths along with its technologies in Oil and Gas.
I had great joy working at Schlumberger with one job title but too many roles facing challenges almost all the time. The biggest challenge that could be faced is to have a decent work life balance while moving from a job to an other and from a country to an other.
Pros
Diversity, Competitive compensation, Supportive management continuos learning environment.
Cons
Work Life balance, abundant procedures and paper work in place for the simplest tasks
Good environment with multi culture. Excellent exposure to the working environment. they have a fixed working hours however it it is flexible. Management is always willing to help and listen to your situation and views.
Pros
work life balance, flexible timing
Cons
extreme competitive working environment
Schlumberger is a great place to work as a fresh graduate. However the compensation and benefits are not aligned with the market trends.
You get to learn a lot and work extremely hard.
Pros
Team dinner, medical
Cons
Management politics, discrimination on basis of nationality
A calm atmosphere with people glued to their monitors actually doing their work is a typical atmosphere with the occasional aroma of coffee and hearty greetings.I Learned that if you dont make a mistake you never know the solutions basically if you do everything right all the time whenever something goes wrong you could end up going into a panic when there is actually a solution,mistakes are not frowned upon,questions are highly encouraged.Management is willing to teach and delegate tasks.Work place culture provides a sence of community has no racial segregation,provides very flexible work start and end times.Leaders do not rule with an iron fist , they constantly engage with their employees in order for them to provide constant improvements to the work environment..an organization's employees play a great role in its success.The hardest part of the job was grasping accounting concepts being from the economics field.
The most enjoyable part to me were the deadlines the adrenaline and feel you get when you need to complete a given task as a team.and lastly the love for team work everyone works as a team and is not afraid to consult where they do not understand its amazing..even as just an intern you feel a tremendous sense of belonging.
Pros
workshops and training, flexibility and benefits
Cons
no job rotation
I joined Schlumberger 15 years ago because of what used to be the culture of:
- Empowering leaders

- Global mobility & diversity

- Career advancement based on merit and performance

Schlumberger today is devoting against the above mentioned values and culture:

- Micro management & bureaucratic at every level
- Localized its profile
- Advancement is mainly political and not results driven
Pros
Deferred benefits and perks
Cons
No career progression
Working in Schlumberger is very interseting for me. It's my first time to work outside my home country and I was lucky to be part of this organization. The company have different nationalities employed and it's really nice to be able to communicate and learn new things from them.

On the functionality and working timetable, it's very challenging. Month-end closing activities and schedules are so demanding. It requires hard-work, dedication and a lot of patience.
To be able to do it, time management is the key. I've learned all those things slowly when I joined the company.
Pros
Free fruits, coffee/tea and biscuits
Cons
Long hours of work during month-end
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schlumberger. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8K