Secret Recipe

Secret Recipe Employee Reviews

Malaysia126 reviews

Flexible and visit many stores

The job in secret recipe was pretty easy and do not have pressure. Just need to learn faster then you can survive the environment and the pace.Have discount for food.

Nice place but bad management

The place was nice but had a bad manager. Too much work given for low salary. Peak hours are fixed : (11am to 2pm on weekdays) so its easy to be prepared. Able to learn drinks, learn about managing stock and practice general cleaning. Learnt how to handle pressure at peak hours. And also learn a bit of cake counter jobs and kitchen helper jobs (as the outlet is always short-staff).

Pros

Fixed peak hours, nice place, clean environment, smart dress code

Cons

Short break, no free meal, low basic salary, short staffs

Survival of the fittest

This is the place where it will test your limit. You will be tested both physically and mentally. If you thought you had it worst, this will open up new view of life. You will start appreciate the little things such as able to go back by 6.30PM. That is such a blessing to see sunset.

good

nice to work for part timer goood culture friendly people ok management.free fooood consits tiringsmall salarytypical working hours like other fnb lah

happy

a lot of students which need to guide about universuty.i have leard about human resource.management was a little bit poor.the hardest part of job was working under pressure.

A good place to work hard

It is a place for workaholic person to work for. Not suitable for family person. Working from 8 30 am to 5 30 pm with additional ot till 8 pm was exhausting

Good for experience, bad for career advancement

I worked here temporarily back in 2016 as a Service Crew. This job is suitable for student SPM leavers while waiting for opportunities in permanent jobs or further studies in higher education.I was in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah branch where I met with my supportive and lovely Cafe Manager. I really missed those moments working together with the crews but I had no choice but to leave due to personal reasons. For the shift, we were assigned to opening, mid, and closing, but we had to do OT on certain days of the week. Salary, however, was not much roughly earned around RM920+ plus-minus back in 2016 (not including OT and service tips) so it is quite difficult to cope with the living cost in KK city.Now moving on to the cons, this company is lacking in career advancement if you are starting as a novice. Some crews worked for more than 3 years to get promoted to Assistant Supervisor (ASV). Staff also rarely get staff meals so my advice is you will either have to bring your own or eat out.Overall, SR is a good place for peeps looking for a short-term job or trying to make a buck. It is an honest living after all. I was grateful to learn a thing about F&B operation and get to know some of the menus they were offered and also hospitality skills for future undertakings.

Good for part timers, not a good job overall

slow paced, very boring job. good for those who wants to do part timing. great start for those who just wants to have the experience of working but may get stale very quickly.

fun workplace and good teamwork

im okay with the job and i enjoy it. They give surprised to staff who got birthday and the staff so sporting and they're good enough. I love to work with them.

Pros

staff member

Cons

they give flexible rest

Fun workplace

Work in groupMust be able multitaskingserve the customerFun to work at secret because the manager and supervisor really kindThe senior will teach you even if you dont have any experience

Pros

Free lunch Free cake and meal for birthday

Cons

1 hour break

Productive and fun

“I love my job because people care about me as a person and about my professional growth. There is a genuine spirit of cooperation and shared goals all revolving around helping the customer that I have not found at other corporations,”

Pros

Free meals, Fun and good environment and management

Cons

Tired especially on occasion day but still have fun with the calture, people and environment

The upper management not so fair enough for leader & staff,

Working environment at outlet was okay just the management always think about sales not about their workers life, the importance is outlet need to open and get sales. Dont have enough manpower, you take care about that problem by yourself as long as you get the sales.

Pros

If u got manager that totally understand you, Then you can stay longer in sr. If not, You will be bad luck.

Cons

Not many choice of staff meal provided. Always the same for every year. Get bored already.

Productive and fun place

But the basic salary is lower.. it just Rm1100 after deduct the epf.. im grateful of that salary but at the end of the month we need to pay off the shortage that happen in the store.. the company didnt provide any allowance that need to cover the shortage..

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

They prolonged the break and they didnt give any allowance to me such as elaun kehadiran

There’s no work life especially if the outlets get busy

The minimum wage for part time is okay okay but for the outlet I’m working with for part timer they will not have kwsp just pay by hour/how many days you work in that month so a bit unfair cause no kwsp for part timer no matter how long you work there if you want to get the kwsp you have to get the salary for rm1100 every month then the employers will deduct for kwsp but the schedule for part timer is uncertain as there full timer also or seniors. The workplace environment can be sometimes toxic full of drama and when the management is bad everything will go bad.

Pros

Learn the human behaviour towards the waitress

Cons

No lunches, less benefits, workplace environment

Productive and fun working

I loved sebab kerja senang and staff very friendly.kedai nampak kemas sentiasa.balik pun tidak terlalu lambat.mereka juga Ada buat shift buat staff...

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short break

Fun colleagues

Be patient to serve customer, every customer have different characters.. the colleagues was very fun and also some of supervisors.. everything just okay but the salary is really cheap.

Pros

No staff meals

Need to have fit physical & mental

This job requires a lot of physical energy as you need to move around most of the time. Poor management skills as it takes more than a year to get a staff to be confirmed!! This will demotivate the staff to perform well!! Higher level management should look into this issue seriously!!

Pros

Free staff meal, long break time

Cons

Poor management, late confirmation for staff, no work life balance

Fun workplace

I never getting stress during being a patt of the Secret Recipe because the management is satisfied but the salary at the outlet that i work on is too small because of the outlets’s sale itself

fun and great workplace

can learn lots of thing from the type of glasses, the menu, the coffee, cakes and all the kitchen product. can improve customer service, learn a good pr, and leadership.

Pros

high pay

Cons

no staff meal

Fun working with thr environment

Everything is good when it come to learning,good teaching,easy to understand all about westerns food, asian foods and cakes, counting stocks, thanks

Best job

The boss, the sv and the manager. All are kind and nice. It's tired when the lunch time comes. That's all. And after that, you can calm. But you cannot sit. You just have to stand and waiting for customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Secret Recipe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Secret Recipe in popular locations

• Secret Recipe
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?