SEGi University & College

SEGi University & College Employee Reviews

Malaysia74 reviews

Lecturers should be ready to work for all levels from certificates to masters and during weekends too with less supervision. Despite those, it is a great place to work in.

Pros

Flexible working time

Cons

Management needs a system to be more organized.

Getting worst day by day. Many are resigning

- no work life balance- new management is worst- appreciation and bonus is just a dream. - employee need to multitask , do more than 3 people work.

Pros

good colleagues

Cons

bad higher managements

Very good environment to work at, friendly and productive with alot of benefits for the employees working ar segi University kota damansara at selangor

Segi College is new as Private Medical University. It situated at Kota Damansara and is a hub for International students.

It was a happy time for a Medical Lecturer to deal with local and international students. Students were cheerful.Working colleges are very helpful indeed.

Productive and fun

Very delight , reliable and humble.. Always looking forward in creating solution for every problem. I enjoyed my moments working there and i learnt alot.

Good colleagues and nice working place

Friendly colleagues, plenty of food at the cafe, work life balance.Bad management, hr, and no teamwork between department. Need to change the mindset.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Bad management

A good work station with many shops around

A caring management team with a culture of embedding the latest developments to all staff in a timely manner to conduct lessons in a good productive way

Pros

Free resting room and library with lab facilities

Cons

less spacious place

Enjoyed, Productive and Manageable

Working to learn is learning to work. Work-integrated learning will allow you to gain a good grasp of basic work capabilities and a plethora of both soft and technical skills that you wouldn’t necessarily develop without working in a professional setting, which I gained at SEGi University.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Not related additional job.

Best place to start collecting experience for fresh grad

Office hour start at 9.00 am and end at 6.00pm (for supporting staff).Best place to practice converse in English or any languages you know, because of the variety of students from different countries.I learnt & gain a lot for my profession. No doubt I'm grateful for that.Yet the management (higher management) is quite bias and unfair towards staff. Not helpful and ignore staff welfare (holistically).For instance, during this pandemic of covid19, the HR couldn't even make a strict & concrete decision whether staff should come to office or just work from home. Most of the time, they hardly come out with proper memo/instruction/order during the office hour. Then, after office hour they suddenly change the decision, regardless the staff have other personal issues at home. They even deducted our annual leave due to the 1st phase of the MCO from March 2020. Which at that time most of the staff worked from home.Regardless of the pandemic, most of the staff are still working even from home. And some of us even need to assist student(s) after office hour or on weekend (I'm happy to assist the customer/students).For this point, this is about my direct, immediate superior. It might not apply to other department/unit. My direct superior, is quite negative & rigid. When I try to share idea/opinion she will reject it without even listen to it until the end. When we come out with new good or improvement of idea, he/she would not event praise us, yet condemn. It looks like he/she doesn't like changes. When we want to go for training that we need to improve our skills and needs. The -

Pros

Medical insurance, clinic, eye wear coverage

Cons

delegation of task/work is not systematic (certain unit), no improvement for personal career development, certain boss is bad leader (not nurturing, not supportive if staff want to go for certain training or shared their ideas/point of view)

nice working environment

very professional management, fun clicks, easy access to mall, got gathering sessions during festivals, enjoy the facilities provided, got a lot of others benefits

Bad working environment

Pay cuts while we are running on profit. Cut bonus, unpaid salary, toxic environment, everything so manual. Course registration, u still need fill up hard copy form. No digitalisation.

Pros

My boss is a good boss

Cons

Too many

Good Environment.Require to change their management/system

Employers and Employees are friendly and helpful. But management and system is not authorized wisely. Require more collaboration within other department.

Gain new experience

Friendly colleagues but unfriendly facilities for staffs. Poor working facilities. Limited parking provided to staffs. Long walking distances to work place

Working Experience

The people around the Working place is lovely and the working colleague of mine is experienced Perhaps the stress and disrespectful of our hardwork isn't worth it

i was a student there

need an internship. hardworking student. full dedication to work. looking for an internship to make my future better. from Pakistan. have experience in many programming languages

Internship at SEGi College Subang Jaya

Healthy work culture for fresh graduates to cope and understand the working environment in education industry. Working under knowledgable and experienced superior to understand market movement and angle of public relation in maintaining brand consistency.

productive and good culture

Good culture but the issue is the management do not have a good system. The environment in the working area nice and all staff also will give you the good cooperation. .

poor management

don`t except what you wish for. Environment is okay plus they provide a surau for muslim prayer. Management department a bit unfair and they more to anyone who praise them.

poor management, cronyism practice, lack of trust, insubordination among senior lecturers and staff, unhealthy work culture, stressful

A task given but before it can get started more tasks are being given. Difficulty in trying to achieve company objectives. Was given a task to be conducted which is menial and could have been performed by non-academic staff - waste of time for a head of department. head of departments role is to establish strategies in meeting the challenges and growth of the department, rather than be bogged down with techinical clerical functions. company lacks direction.

Happy with SEGi

Nice environment to work with. Good, helping management team. Gained good work experience and knowledge. Recommending new comers for experienced purpose.

have fun to a big organization

intresting to work there until old issue is the it manager old school and do not agree with other team even his wrong or faulty change the culture then everything start new and fresh confirm settle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEGi University & College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits