SGS

SGS Employee Reviews

Malaysia36 reviews

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,741 reviews

Good place to learn

Learn to troubleshoot problems manually, not only waiting for engineers. Great place to gain experience. Only problem is career development and feeling stagnant at work

Fast-paced and deadline driven environment

There’s not much you can learn as lab works is very routine, a week of training is enough for you to catch up on what needs to be done on a daily basis. The management is very pushy for results and racist, not much opportunity for career growth and advancement either. As for the pay, basic of 2,200MYR+- is normally offered for lab technician position (degree holder). They do pay for overtime but it’s really not worth it at all to do OT.

Great Experience

Overall things are great, it is just the management is a bit messy and increement is low and slow. You got to experience diverse project and connections.

Great place to start your career

Extremely helpful colleague with immense opportunity to learn high end instruments (GC, LC, ICP, IC). Friendly work environment does help to reduce the stress of workload.

Pros

Learning opportunities Positive working environment

Cons

Salary

Good exposure to Sales

The company, SGS is certainly a great place to kickstart your career in Sales. As a junior sales executive, I had the opportunity to communicate and liaise with clients & vendors from various industries in an effort to cross-sell related inspection, testing and certifications services. I also learned and understood the method of cold calling, closing a sale, meeting the sales target and defining the ISO standards and ASTM regulations.Despite having to work from home, the company placed great emphasis on the well-being of their employees by organizing weekly catch up sessions, product knowledge meetings and etc. This has definitely kept me motivated and strengthen the relationship with my colleagues.

Pros

Liaison with clients, Product safety knowledge

Cons

None at the moment

Career Development

They gave me good base for training and development also the welfare was quite good but when working here, we must be very independent where our supervisor cannot give us 100% monitoring all the time especially during travelling/ outstation.

Good place for learning & experience

A lot of things to learn & experience especially using various kind of instruments in the laboratory. I learned a lot especially for gas sample, crude oil sample & water samples. Trainings are provided by seniors. Sometimes, offshore travel is required which is good for exposure.

Good place for learning

Based on my experience working with SGS almost 6years, SGS is a good place to start your career path. They will assist on your early entry into the company and provide information needed. However, the rest of the process you need to use your critical thinking to do problem solving and to explore on your job scobe. I feel this is good for fast leaner beside you will be more matured on your field. I believe this is also can build our independent workflow among organization. SGS need to be more alert on staff welfare which will affect on staff motivation to contribute more for organization. Beside, they also need to improve on job culture among top management and staff which to avoid being bias on evaluation and benefit distribution.

Productive and good environment

New working culture, new method how to do ut inspection.Lias with the client. Involved with the clients. Involved with the hse department activities and sport club.

It was a good internship

Had a good time. Great work culture. Could learn alot. Great services. Encouraging people. Could work in on-going projects. Challenging tasks given. Enjoyed my work.

Excellent Reputation and Growth Opportunities

• Assist the day to day administration including HR and admin matters of the company. • Handling on typing/issuing/recording of food inspection reports/certificate. • Maintain and update on data entry of clients’ details for invoicing purposes. • Responsible for preparation of invoices for approval. • Meet the deadliness on the closing of periodic and annual account including classification of account. • Ensure monthly report on invoicing details are generated on time. • Dispatching of completed reports and invoices to client and keep record of dispatched details. • Coordinate and liaising with external auditors. • Prepare documents for audit and tax related matters. • Handling of phone call and directly enquiries to the respective personnel. • Assist in the sending of fax messages and emails. • Ensure that the information from clients is kept as strictly confidential and never revealed to the third party. • Assist in coordinating daily operations when required. • Keeping of necessary records required by superior and maintain good administrative records.

Pros

Medical Benefit

Cons

Work Loader

Its okay to work here

it's okay for those who want to gain experience but not for the long term. okay for fresh graduates who want to gain experience, the starting salary was okay, the environment was okay.

Nice working environment

The management is only focus on the permanent employee but environment is good, company should shorten the contract and just subtitude with prohibition period.

Benefits are good but job culture not happy

Work in sgs is ok. Management is good but job environment quit sucks at pasir gudang office..Too many office politics.. Benefits was so good. All public holiday take

Pros

Annual dinner

Able to render my technical knowledge in everyday work. Superiors gave us the chance and opportunity to grow with their professional guidance. Overall its a good company for career development.

Productive and fun working place until moving to new office at kota kemuning. :(

Bad managements jadual kerja tak pernah cantik selalu berubah ubah sampai jadi keliru. Overtime tak ada. Claim kena tunggu sebulan macam gaji. Basic rendah tapi elaun ok lah daripada tak ada. Ada job ada elaun. Tak ada job makan basic sahaja. Duduk office tak ada overtime tak ada elaun.

Pros

Free parking, flexible working hour.

Cons

Contract only tak menjamin untuk masa depan yang cerah.

Productive and good work environment

-A place where you can improve your skills -Good work environment -Many thing will be learned -Good superior -Good salary -A good company to be in for upgrading your skills

Nice place for learning

Good learning place as SGS is one of well established multi national company. Nice working environment. Working hour start from 9 am till 6 pm. Thank you

Challenging yet awarding

While the workplace environment may be stressful, it challenges the individual in its capability in working at the most efficient method possible. It allows one to learn and adapt to different situation that may occur abruptly.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Good for start to an international company employment

During the interview, I was given the impression that the company really wants you to grow within it and the company support your development. Well, when I started working, it felt ambiguous as I have no idea of what I am doing, who am I need to work with, or what are my bearings in the company. To prevent myself of blindly getting paid for doing nothing, I ended up making the initiatives of becoming a busybody in the office and to have myself learn things that perhaps would not even come close to what I do. In the second week, I was told to travel to other office location to learn other trade but for the 2 weeks I am there, I was not doing much of anything and was barely productive. To be honest, I can get demotivated easily when I do not have clear vision of what I need to do particularly when the position is something new in the first week of my job.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No clear bearings

OK place to start career

Good company to begin career with adequate exposure to various divisions of engineering. Many opportunities to be involved in projects that can add value to an individual.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SGS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits