Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

Malaysia213 reviews

Found 213 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,052 reviews

Good working environment but poor management

Basically I do account on daily basis. I learned to be meticulous in performing my tasks in order to come out with good work result. Dealing with supplier and customer is quite tough whenever deals with payment and stock. I also perform bookkeeping role in my current company because, previous bookkeeper does not understand the situation in station and did not do account properly. However, I have a very supportive teammate that make me enjoy my work here.

A company that encourage you to grow

- Good company culture- Work life balance (You can choose to leave on time)- Comprehensive benefits- Colleagues are helpful and respectful to each other- WFH optionCONS- Long working hours (many manual workload from business unit)- Management kind of mess up team career advancement- Low bargaining power when negotiating with business unit

It's not productive place to work

Shell company apply favoritism in everything. If you can butter your boss, there will salary hicks, an attend leaves will be more flexible..sometimes you don't need to work as well. If your Chinese, from the top management to the tl will help you out so you can be next confirm staff.. hard work is noting, further more the senior staff will not help out unless your there favorite person.

Pros

no pros

Cons

Favoritism, colors and nepotism.

Work life balance

In Shell the core values plays an important role whereby we respect others, we have integrity and honesty. Having this mindset will encourage everyone to have a wonderful time at work. Yes it can be stressful at times but its a wonderful company to work with as the employer trusts the employee!!

Good company, hard to get growth in department

Been in the same department for almost 6 years and moved into various roles in this department but very hard to get promoted to mangerial level if not visible enough. None the less, company benefits is good.

Pros

Fair compensation

Cons

Can be stressful at times depending which market or channel you are assigned to

Good

Good team, good benefit, work life balance. Good culture. Repetitive work and can't negotiate on salary increment. Must can stand with negative sharing from customer.

Co

Great steppingstone for fresh graduate.Even better pay for those experiences workers.Fresh graduate pay is low.but many things to learn & explore.gd

Working in Shell maximizes your capability, performance is measured but there are still efforts by Shell for work life balance. I had no chance of reading newspaper during office hours, Shell maximise uses of technological tools for your daily routine work eg. each staff is provided with a desktop computer and most of routine works are done using computers, designed for staff to spend more time on strategies & ideas generating, application tools are mostly uses. Most of all, global staff uses work-from-home technological tools meant to adopt work flexibility and ultimately maximise cost & office savings.

Personal and professional development is in own hands

I have been with the company for 11 years and moved between two organisation. The core Shell culture of prioritising safety, being compliant, respecting colleagues are constant throughout the company. Love the flexible working hours but, as it's a global organisation, be prepared to work outside normal office hours when needed. Many opportunities available

Pros

Good development opportunities, fantastic and respectful work culture

Cons

High pressure/stress due to competitive company culture, leaders slow in decision making, risk-averse organisation

Boss Communist The boss makes us go to job early and got no holiday and they didnt pay us for extra hours of work or day and they didnt allow me to perform shalat

Pros

Buy your own lunch and boss lunch

Cons

Short break

Unproductive working culture. Result Driven management with minimal understanding of customer needs. Pressure but no solution.

Corporate Sales with A lot of political leaders. Big MNC with different types of people with different agenda in particular Channel just to show results to their line manager and didn't understand what really happened in the total business.Giving pressure without proper understanding reality situation. Result Driven managing culture without proper knowledge of how to do things right in understanding the process.

Pros

Claims good

Cons

Contract

Excellent and valuable experiences

6 years of very good exposures to a matured organisational cultures and steep learning curve with a good mentoring from experienced leaders. Get ready to explore your potential through various challenges that will improve your skllls and experiences. Do not afraid to speak up and be yourself at any point of time.

Pros

Work & Organisational cultures

Cons

Power distances due to local cultures might cause fear to speak up

Lack of career advancement

A fine career foundation in comprehending the basic downstream business. But there is lack of advancement in the role if we decide to develop further.

Pros

Work life balance, Reasonable basic and perks

Cons

Over expectation, Bias management, Substandard culture

Protective and safe workplace

Good worlife balance. Provided full set PPE.Good team work and provide good healthcare.entitle for mileage claim and entertainment claim follow the SGBP.meal allowance for travelling.transport allowance and itinerary.

Productive nad work life balance.

Shell always practise safety first at workplace and lige balance. Surrounding with professionals and good workplace.I love the staff benefits especialy for women.

I have learn how to manage working environment during night shift

I enjoyed my time at Shell. They provided great benefits to their employees. The atmosphere was positive. They were very generous and provided great lunches.

Mismanagement

The management level is worried about themselves more than their real asset the front liners. They act as bossess not the leader. In 8 years working they never have performance review.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Below expectation for multinational company

Be prepared to change role every few years

Best work-life balance experience ever. Supportive management but always restructuring. If you're not able to find a new role when your "window" is open, you're basically out of a job.

The place for a continuous development

Working in Shell is fun because they prioritise your growth on top of the organisation's development. Proper trainings and wide exposure were given to all new joiners to ensure adequate supports are provided. Shell is dynamic in a way your opportunity to grow is limitless, and you can see how people in Shell practices their core values by heart (from frontlines up till the leadership team).

Pros

Flexible hours, trainings provided, open communication, health benefits

Cons

Very competitive, a lot of re-org from time to time

Their management is good.

Pengurusan shell disitu sangat bagus dan produktif. Sosial dan pergaulan disana sangat menyenangkan. Tidak mudah stress apabila kerja disana. Etika dan disiplin yang diterapkan juga bagus.

Good place to work.

Shell has a strong company policies with good working environment and people diversity. However, the leadership team always look at the people who can speak rather that a doer in team. This is how they get promoted.

Pros

Benefits, company policy, work culture

Cons

Management team, low salary range

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits