Shell
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Shell Employee Reviews

Malaysia195 reviews
Best work-life balance experience ever. Supportive management but always restructuring. If you're not able to find a new role when your "window" is open, you're basically out of a job.
I enjoyed my time at Shell. They provided great benefits to their employees. The atmosphere was positive. They were very generous and provided great lunches.
The management level is worried about themselves more than their real asset the front liners. They act as bossess not the leader. In 8 years working they never have performance review.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Below expectation for multinational company
Working in Shell is fun because they prioritise your growth on top of the organisation's development. Proper trainings and wide exposure were given to all new joiners to ensure adequate supports are provided. Shell is dynamic in a way your opportunity to grow is limitless, and you can see how people in Shell practices their core values by heart (from frontlines up till the leadership team).
Pros
Flexible hours, trainings provided, open communication, health benefits
Cons
Very competitive, a lot of re-org from time to time
Shell has a strong company policies with good working environment and people diversity. However, the leadership team always look at the people who can speak rather that a doer in team. This is how they get promoted.
Pros
Benefits, company policy, work culture
Cons
Management team, low salary range
Okay if the boss is okay and doesn’t do much thing on the day other than promoting and if the new stock is coming then you have to susun the thing. And the other time you just have to jaga the counter that’s all. But if it the time in peak hour it’s fast paced and can be stressfull but just only about 2-3 hour only
Pros
Not much to do
Cons
Peak hour stressfull
Challenging!
Challenging!!

Challenging!!!

Negotiations with trades.

Follow up everything closely.

Understand all the trades offer and SOP

Allignment with HSSE procedures
The leaders are proactive, very focus in the quality of works, emphasized seriously on HSSE compliance and talent building. Employee to be self initiatives, close all kinds of working gaps and to manage work culture.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
Job stability is affected by global oil price
Disiplin,bertanggung jawab,mempunyai kemampuan dan kemauan kerja sama tim,teliti,gerak cepat/responsif serta jujur
I can talk to many different people and I give the best service in my trust given as a filler to our customers, I am happy and laughing because of my customers and I can talk
- Tool box meeting
- Good team lead management

- Work/ Life balance

- Proactive

- Very strict on HSSE issues

- Good work environment

- Good incentive
Flexible working hours, great working environment and good exposure to every aspect of the industry. Require to travel frequently to onshore and offshore.
Pros
High profile job
Cons
tight schedule
As the surrounding are not fun. bossy boss. tired. Off day are limits. Colleages are selfish. always come late. boss always not around. salary paid late. boss always dummy about our salary
Very stressful especially in the production line for the construction yard and production frontline. Worker compensation is very good but not now maybe due to the downsizing of the company.
Excellent work place, you will enjoy a supportive working relationship with colleges and your boss. I will join Shell again if the opportunity will present itself
- Good Company Benefits.
- Discrimination exist against Races, Status (single and married) and even Gender.

- In terms of the management and supervisor, they don't meet the expectation and somehow caused the employees some difficulties.
It is a normal going job,we have to clean the toilets,check the rubbish bin,help customer refuel their cars and manage the cash register other than that it normal
Employees in this company need sense in the service of customers in filling oil,
Also need to be involved into doing a work when it happened in a working place can bring over.

And difficult also playing the role of employment as pump operator
Working in Shell provided me a sharp trajectory in learning and career advancement. The diversity of businesses and functions within Shell enabled me to leverage on the dynamic portfolio to gain skills and knowledge that would be beneficial to multiple aspects of any organisation.
Good working culture.competitive JOB
have a good work life balance, got Team fun activities.

Best place to work ever for me. Strongly recommend to join us!!! Lots of interesting projects here and benefits for employee.he culture is very open for innovation and freedom!
During my tenure:
- Good Company Benefits.

- Poor Working Culture. Everyone is playing hot potato.

- Discrimination exist against Races, Expatriate and Locals and even Gender.