Shell

Shell Employee Reviews

Malaysia206 reviews

Found 206 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,602 reviews

Unproductive working culture. Result Driven management with minimal understanding of customer needs. Pressure but no solution.

Corporate Sales with A lot of political leaders. Big MNC with different types of people with different agenda in particular Channel just to show results to their line manager and didn't understand what really happened in the total business.Giving pressure without proper understanding reality situation. Result Driven managing culture without proper knowledge of how to do things right in understanding the process.

Pros

Claims good

Cons

Contract

Working in Shell maximizes your capability, performance is measured but there are still efforts by Shell for work life balance. I had no chance of reading newspaper during office hours, Shell maximise uses of technological tools for your daily routine work eg. each staff is provided with a desktop computer and most of routine works are done using computers, designed for staff to spend more time on strategies & ideas generating, application tools are mostly uses. Most of all, global staff uses work-from-home technological tools meant to adopt work flexibility and ultimately maximise cost & office savings.

Personal and professional development is in own hands

I have been with the company for 11 years and moved between two organisation. The core Shell culture of prioritising safety, being compliant, respecting colleagues are constant throughout the company. Love the flexible working hours but, as it's a global organisation, be prepared to work outside normal office hours when needed. Many opportunities available

Pros

Good development opportunities, fantastic and respectful work culture

Cons

High pressure/stress due to competitive company culture, leaders slow in decision making, risk-averse organisation

Boss Communist The boss makes us go to job early and got no holiday and they didnt pay us for extra hours of work or day and they didnt allow me to perform shalat

Pros

Buy your own lunch and boss lunch

Cons

Short break

Excellent and valuable experiences

6 years of very good exposures to a matured organisational cultures and steep learning curve with a good mentoring from experienced leaders. Get ready to explore your potential through various challenges that will improve your skllls and experiences. Do not afraid to speak up and be yourself at any point of time.

Pros

Work & Organisational cultures

Cons

Power distances due to local cultures might cause fear to speak up

Lack of career advancement

A fine career foundation in comprehending the basic downstream business. But there is lack of advancement in the role if we decide to develop further.

Pros

Work life balance, Reasonable basic and perks

Cons

Over expectation, Bias management, Substandard culture

Protective and safe workplace

Good worlife balance. Provided full set PPE.Good team work and provide good healthcare.entitle for mileage claim and entertainment claim follow the SGBP.meal allowance for travelling.transport allowance and itinerary.

Productive nad work life balance.

Shell always practise safety first at workplace and lige balance. Surrounding with professionals and good workplace.I love the staff benefits especialy for women.

I have learn how to manage working environment during night shift

I enjoyed my time at Shell. They provided great benefits to their employees. The atmosphere was positive. They were very generous and provided great lunches.

Mismanagement

The management level is worried about themselves more than their real asset the front liners. They act as bossess not the leader. In 8 years working they never have performance review.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Below expectation for multinational company

Be prepared to change role every few years

Best work-life balance experience ever. Supportive management but always restructuring. If you're not able to find a new role when your "window" is open, you're basically out of a job.

The place for a continuous development

Working in Shell is fun because they prioritise your growth on top of the organisation's development. Proper trainings and wide exposure were given to all new joiners to ensure adequate supports are provided. Shell is dynamic in a way your opportunity to grow is limitless, and you can see how people in Shell practices their core values by heart (from frontlines up till the leadership team).

Pros

Flexible hours, trainings provided, open communication, health benefits

Cons

Very competitive, a lot of re-org from time to time

Their management is good.

Pengurusan shell disitu sangat bagus dan produktif. Sosial dan pergaulan disana sangat menyenangkan. Tidak mudah stress apabila kerja disana. Etika dan disiplin yang diterapkan juga bagus.

Good place to work.

Shell has a strong company policies with good working environment and people diversity. However, the leadership team always look at the people who can speak rather that a doer in team. This is how they get promoted.

Pros

Benefits, company policy, work culture

Cons

Management team, low salary range

Okay

Okay if the boss is okay and doesn’t do much thing on the day other than promoting and if the new stock is coming then you have to susun the thing. And the other time you just have to jaga the counter that’s all. But if it the time in peak hour it’s fast paced and can be stressfull but just only about 2-3 hour only

Pros

Not much to do

Cons

Peak hour stressfull

Fair employer

The leaders are proactive, very focus in the quality of works, emphasized seriously on HSSE compliance and talent building. Employee to be self initiatives, close all kinds of working gaps and to manage work culture.

Pros

rewarding

Cons

Job stability is affected by global oil price

Kerja di shell malaysia sdn bhd

Disiplin,bertanggung jawab,mempunyai kemampuan dan kemauan kerja sama tim,teliti,gerak cepat/responsif serta jujur

I always remember this jobs

I can talk to many different people and I give the best service in my trust given as a filler to our customers, I am happy and laughing because of my customers and I can talk

Colleagues like family

- Tool box meeting - Good team lead management - Work/ Life balance - Proactive - Very strict on HSSE issues - Good work environment - Good incentive

Fun and memorable work place

Flexible working hours, great working environment and good exposure to every aspect of the industry. Require to travel frequently to onshore and offshore.

Pros

High profile job

Cons

tight schedule

Stressful

As the surrounding are not fun. bossy boss. tired. Off day are limits. Colleages are selfish. always come late. boss always not around. salary paid late. boss always dummy about our salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Shell