Shell

Shell Salary & Benefits reviews

Working in Shell is fun because they prioritise your growth on top of the organisation's development. Proper trainings and wide exposure were given to all new joiners to ensure adequate supports are provided. Shell is dynamic in a way your opportunity to grow is limitless, and you can see how people in Shell practices their core values by heart (from frontlines up till the leadership team).
Pros
Flexible hours, trainings provided, open communication, health benefits
Cons
Very competitive, a lot of re-org from time to time
Shell always practise safety first at workplace and lige balance. Surrounding with professionals and good workplace.I love the staff benefits especialy for women.
I enjoyed my time at Shell. They provided great benefits to their employees. The atmosphere was positive. They were very generous and provided great lunches.
Shell has a strong company policies with good working environment and people diversity. However, the leadership team always look at the people who can speak rather that a doer in team. This is how they get promoted.
Pros
Benefits, company policy, work culture
Cons
Management team, low salary range
Flexible working hours, great working environment and good exposure to every aspect of the industry. Require to travel frequently to onshore and offshore.
Pros
High profile job
Cons
tight schedule
As the surrounding are not fun. bossy boss. tired. Off day are limits. Colleages are selfish. always come late. boss always not around. salary paid late. boss always dummy about our salary
Very stressful especially in the production line for the construction yard and production frontline. Worker compensation is very good but not now maybe due to the downsizing of the company.
- Good Company Benefits. - Discrimination exist against Races, Status (single and married) and even Gender. - In terms of the management and supervisor, they don't meet the expectation and somehow caused the employees some difficulties.
Good working culture.competitive JOB have a good work life balance, got Team fun activities. Best place to work ever for me. Strongly recommend to join us!!! Lots of interesting projects here and benefits for employee.he culture is very open for innovation and freedom!
During my tenure: - Good Company Benefits. - Poor Working Culture. Everyone is playing hot potato. - Discrimination exist against Races, Expatriate and Locals and even Gender.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shell?
I worked across 3 different locations with Shell, and culture may differ according to region albeit generally the company respects work life balance and benefits are decent albeit has reduced over time. Like most companies, who you have as a boss matters significantly, and mostly had good experiences with my line managers.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Slow decision making
A great culture and environment along with the opportunities to grow in the company. In terms of the management and supervisor, they don't meet the expectation and somehow causing the employees some difficulties.
Pros
Facilities and benefits
Cons
Management, supervisor and work life balance
i love the diversity and inclusiveness environment where the upper management are encourage to motivate under performing people to do better and a lot of training platform to improves lacking skills in the company
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not many positions available in the company anymore
Provide training and knowledge transfer. Management is very supportive and always provide constructive feedback to employee. Good facilities and benefits.
i like my job at shell because all staff very humble and good person..they are treat me like a sibling and i enjoy work with them..every year my salary up and im very happy because my boss understand with me and the staff with economy now up and down..
Pros
annual dinner every year
Cons
epf, socso and annual leave
I love work at Shell. It gave me a lot of experience and good time spending. Truly, it was a fantastic way to raise money and spend quality time. I’ve learned so much there.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Exhausted because have to stand all the time
In my career, this has been the most rewarding exposure. Company honors talent development. Excellent compensation and benefits. Work culture embracing the international appeal. Stays abreast of work class best practices in processes and technology alike.
Pros
Honesty, Integrity and very open culture
Cons
Huge and complex.
I work at there because i want to find my side income cause of my semester break for two month. So, i work at there. The organisation hired me to work at there cause it want to me a experience to work at the shell as forecourt worker to give the service to customer for who need the service include the old people or anyboies not good in well such as pregnant woman, unclever people to pick the nozzle oil. It is a good work for me. It give me more benefit.
Pros
Lunch is to break for eat.
Cons
Have the short break for eat and pray.
Schlumberger was the best company i have ever worked with. I enjoyed working with peers from countries all over the world. Sharing of knowledge and skills are pretty much endless. There is not one thing i didnt like when i was in SLB apart from being in Labuan.
Pros
Free lunch as well free accommodation.
Cons
Labuan
In terms of career progression, the company has provided me all the resources and avenue to grow to what I wanted / wishes (balancing between company's business needs of course). Grateful for being provided with all the training needs each step along the way and the invaluable exposures both locally and globally.
Pros
Wide exposure (global), Offers competitive rem package / benefits, flexible working hours, good healthcare
Cons
Competitive working environment - result oriented
It was my 1st job where I learned about working Culture. Back in 2005 , Shell has expose me to a very good corporate culture as they encourage fellow colleagues to bond with each other as they introduced the "Buddy Meals","Quarter Makan", "Away Days" , "Introducing Fee" and etc for a better team co operations and teamwork. They also introduced good initial working process as they will provide you with proper Job Description , Task List , KPI and Standard Operating Procedures. It was a blessing for a fresh grads to have a great starter pack I might say. The exposure with other nationalities as Shell serves other countries does improved my confident and communications skills.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too much Repetitive task