Sodexo

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Malaysia29 reviews

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,120 reviews

Compensation

As for the time I have worked there, they dont really focus on staffs benefits in terms of compensation. Poorly managed by management on this issue which create dislike towards work and at the end resign

Good Workplace for Starter

Sodexo is a good workplace for starter.WorkLife balance okay. Work is always not secure. Overall good place.Salary is lesses than your experience and sometimes stress overloaded

Company pays market salaries, BUT, employees have to put up with tons of senseless paperwork, hoodwinking themselves that that's the way to manage

Excessive emphasis on paperwork while neglecting on real running of it's business (biz units busy with reports to keep corporate side happy). Very political environment where apple polishing is EXPECTED by it's bosses.....

Pros

Decent salaries

Cons

Back stabbing Head of Departments

Non Appreciative

At Site You Are Screwed with No Help Especially from Group HR.Operations Managers Are Chameleons with safe guarding own interest.Worst group of existing staffs that had to be dealt with, because HR is too busy with SCR.

Pros

Stress Full

Cons

More Stress Full

work environment is quite challenging

As an offshore catering worker, there are many challenges, including many traveling by plane and helicopter worst experience is if the weather conditions are bad in the middle of the sea

Not recommended

No life In this company, HR manager is a racist c..t. Prefers her own kind, apple polishers. There is no work life balance, even thou company policy dictates that.

Sodexo Malaysia's toxic work environment with unprofessional HR practices

Very weak leadership, office politics and cronyism rife across the company. The company has strong potential but due to having the wrong people in the wrong places, the teams are poorly guided and not motivated. A lot of backstabbing among the departments due to having a weak leadership and lack of teamwork among department heads.

Challenging working environment

Food service is a fast-paced career. I've learned to pick things up as I go. The company is currently improving its management organization but there's still room for improvement. All team members have to play their parts properly and collaboratively in order to get things going.

Pros

Complimentary meals, plenty of knowledge and skills to learn

Cons

Long and rigid working hours, have to be proactive to learn as this company does not practice spoon-feeding

Outsourced employee

I would love to give a thorough review about Sodexo unfortunately I was working with client from day 1 until I resigned - from interview session to my last day of working. The only person I have ever interacted in Sodexo is my on-site supervisor. My daily jobs are with client 100%.

Nice work place.

Nice work experience.can learn alot especially in client management, electrical, maintenance and vendor management, fire protection system, mechanical and HVAC.

Workplace culture

Great place to work and gain experiance,adequate training available,Salaries are on or before time,One gets all dues before travelling,You never loose a job unless do some illegal acts,Lots to gain experiances working on diffrent sites

Pros

Create a safe environment

Cons

Dealing with issues

Sodexo a good & a stable company

Good company but wrong management if proper management that company can succeed. Sodexo head office need to do inspection more in daily operation to improved.

Enjoy working as a big family

Teamwork is strong in Sodexo, where all problems can be discussed with our superior without fear. Two ways communication is being practised and our welfare is taken care of.

Bad Management in penang

A lot of training given. Not worth - salary Always have to stayback to finish work WITHOUT OT...! Not enough time to finish task Always change Poor management A lot of internal problem . Management hard to understand staff. Issue never solve.

Pros

Benefits a-lot

Cons

Very bad management

productive and fun work place and good team work

manage a labour camp site at Rapid, Pengerang project under Petronas Malaysia. The Camp site c/w all facilities, club house, convenience store, MPH & kitchen, laundry and etc. take care all m&e system , generator set syncronising,low voltage system , sewerage plant system, all kitchen equipment and laundry washer machine and etc.

Unfriendly employees and tedious workplaces

I usually start my work at 9:00 am, collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first. For a year, i developed many of the skills required for this job, including answering phones,emails, manage courier in and out, processing payment such as purchase order, and entering data on multiple computer programs. Productive management. Workplace culture is bleak.

No life balance

1. learned a lot of knowledge on food industry 2. company is willing to train up employees for career advancement 3. management does not deep dive on operation matters & are not willing to understand the operation struggles and client's pressure. 4. Fun site team to work with.

Pros

good career advancement

Cons

no quality of life

unconsiderate management

very hard to understand staff problems and not giving the right solution. give different salary even the job title is the same. did not take care of staff health even the the major illness.

Pros

work end at actual hours

Cons

hard to apply leave even early submitted

Flexible Working hours

Provide flexible working hours, birthday celebration with small gift for staff. Training provided to all level. Opportunities given to transfer to different department

Fun and Quality of LIfe

The company priorities quality of life for our staff and clients. Well balanced with work and life. Unit Manager works independently and monitored by senior managers on a weekly basis

Pros

monday to friday working days

Colleague are friendly

The wide range dynamic of colleague. Have chances to work with people of different cultural and background. The management is good but there is still room for improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Sodexo in popular locations

• Sodexo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?