Sony

Sony Employee Reviews

A family-like working environment. Courteous and friendly subordinates and superiors. Learned 5S (Japanese way of housekeeping), Kaizen and Lean management. Open management, no office politics. A blend of both Japanese & Malaysian way of work culture. High mix, low volume production is the hardest part, while rewards and recognition from top management is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Remuneration & benefits
Cons
No job rotation
Terlalu ketat dan lebay dengan peraturan barunya, banyaknya hari overtime di ganti menjadi hari kerja biasaBonusnya tidak sesuai UMR, terlalu banyak tekanan di dalam lingkungan kerja dan mes
Cons
Waktu rehat yang sangat sedikit
You have to be very gentle and creative to teach the operator in a way they will not tired of their process and to make sure there will be much more movement when they do their process
Pros
You can go take a break after repaired and make sure your line in stable condition
Cons
Hard to take a day leave if you don’t have valid reason
Sony is a big Japan Company in Malaysia. Working place is much comfortable, good working culture and fun. I had learned how to handle machine. The hardest part of job is when we are communicating with each other because in Sony the have foreign workers.
Pros
Good culture, efficient work
Cons
Food too expensive
Almost what I learn based on what I have learn in my university but in SONY its more job hand-on. The environment workplace in good condition and I enjoy it.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
short break
Its a good opportunity to work with one of the giant brand company. Will give expose of the quality delivery to client.We can understand the japanese culture implemented on job life and how they want to maintain proceed production with the most quality value of products
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
Quite hectic
Good start for freshies. They dont favor married employees. They expect u to stay back everyday. Work culture, they work at night. During day, relaxed because overtimes are paid. Once u have a child, better to find another comp. Nowadays, they prefer hiring through universities. They dont practice and tolerate with family matter. The managers are only concern about their position. The engineers work like a dog. Inhuman. Dont practice good kpi reviews
Pros
Cons
Work like a robot.
Amazing The good things are I enjoyed everything, the people, the environment, the culture, the working life pretty much everything. The working environment and colleagues are very supportive and helpful.
the place ids filled with many helpful employee and the R&D environment is very peaceful and not stressful. Very recommended place to work and to improve skills
The people are great including the environment. Management are not so great. Starting salary are great for fresh graduate however the increment are not.
Good to learn new knowledge and explore new things for fresh graduate. When become senior, opportunity wise will be less for promotion and require to wait for quite long time due to the promotion is base on hierarchy.
In production department , we will feel stress. But this will teach as to improve our skill to compete with others members. We become stronger than before. I'm blessed work in this company especially teach us for good 5s, the important of time.
fun with workplace easy communication with others races learn more about Sony global learn more about accounting learn on global business best salary and benefit
Enviroment is good Very friendly but not easy to get promote No stress Teamwork incriment low Relaxing Sometimes have hard period. Can learn many job.
can learn a lot of thing,productive and competitive.Can get a useful knowledge for future experience and learning for better understanding in industry.
Was a very good working anviroment. Great deals, supportive co worker Very loving manager n supervisor they were so helpful. Such a great experience working in sony under this management.
Pros
Treat for target achievement
Cons
Short break
I underwent my Internship in the Trial Operation dept (Prototype). It's either 9hrs or 12hrs, a day. Allowance bachelor not bad RM500 + subsidized meals. Bus provided for Friday prayers. Often dealt with suppliers and designers. Each Trial event/projects will be hectic no matter what, so that production team assembles smoothly when product is ready for serial assembly. Trial usually operates Jun-Dec.
A good place for fresh graduates to learn the best practices in industry. Pros: Flexible working hours and relatively good benefits. Cons: Typical Japanese work culture.
Some of the members are required to liaise with a lot of other groups to ensure no miscommunication. Some are focused in their own world. Lots of meetings.
Give training to the fresh graduate. Have mini morning meeting. Management also good. Workplace culture suit for me. work in a group, under supervision by senior. Give freedom to the work but must completed
* For a freshe, it's a great platform to gain knowledge and skills, * Need to cope ti a tight dateline * Need to face with a bad management * For contract, there's low opportunity to converted as permanent
  1. Employee Reviews