Sony

Sony Employee Reviews

Malaysia105 reviews

Found 105 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,065 reviews

Fun place to work at.

Working as a team and always got each others back. Hard for promotion. Hard for pay raise. Impossible to be permanent if from contract. Same job all over again thus less stress aside from management who plays favoritism to gander, race and educational level.

Gg

No tips because i already want to sumbit my resignation letter. However, soem is till a good company to work for but changes must be made in order to keep fresh grad for longer period.

Best for fresh graduate

Support automation, thus can learn many things that related to itFast paced tempo. As a freshie, you will be expected to deal with real event and project

management

overall is good , especially to secure your job during covid pandermic, is not an easy task to maintain the employment and at the same time clear covid virus in the company

Pros

can request for any training related to work, but not japanese course due to high demand and time needed.

Cons

salary up quite slow

Supportive colleagues and good management

It's a good experience to work in Sony. Especially the working environment and the culture which is relaxing makes employees feel that their living is secured.

Pros

Has a lot of benefits

Cons

Hard to get promoted

It might be stressful Job ..but you will smile when you see amount in your bank account end of the month.

I worked as a Line Leader for almost 4 Years , I gained lot of experience in Sony, I met a new friends . Actually it's a good place to gain your experience.and boost your confident and discipline.

Pros

Friendly environment, canteens, staff benefits, no limit OVERTIMES

Cons

Stressful job

productive

its been great working there. very helpful colleagues. get to involve with a lot of things. sometimes you got to work on weekend. the management was pretty nice.

productive and collaborative workplace

workplace culture related to japanese based management. Result orientated organization. Working in SONY have improved my skill towards what i am currently.

Lingkungan kerja seperti di dalam lingkungan angkatan militer

Terlalu ketat dan lebay dengan peraturan barunya, banyaknya hari overtime di ganti menjadi hari kerja biasaBonusnya tidak sesuai UMR, terlalu banyak tekanan di dalam lingkungan kerja dan mes

Cons

Waktu rehat yang sangat sedikit

Harmonious & Friendly workplace

A family-like working environment. Courteous and friendly subordinates and superiors. Learned 5S (Japanese way of housekeeping), Kaizen and Lean management. Open management, no office politics. A blend of both Japanese & Malaysian way of work culture. High mix, low volume production is the hardest part, while rewards and recognition from top management is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Remuneration & benefits

Cons

No job rotation

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sony?

Productive and fun place to go to work

You have to be very gentle and creative to teach the operator in a way they will not tired of their process and to make sure there will be much more movement when they do their process

Pros

You can go take a break after repaired and make sure your line in stable condition

Cons

Hard to take a day leave if you don’t have valid reason

Productive and fun workplace

Sony is a big Japan Company in Malaysia. Working place is much comfortable, good working culture and fun. I had learned how to handle machine. The hardest part of job is when we are communicating with each other because in Sony the have foreign workers.

Pros

Good culture, efficient work

Cons

Food too expensive

Productive and fun environment

Almost what I learn based on what I have learn in my university but in SONY its more job hand-on. The environment workplace in good condition and I enjoy it.

Pros

flexible working hours

Cons

short break

Good platform for experience

Its a good opportunity to work with one of the giant brand company. Will give expose of the quality delivery to client.We can understand the japanese culture implemented on job life and how they want to maintain proceed production with the most quality value of products

Pros

Flexi hours

Cons

Quite hectic

Not family friendly environment

Good start for freshies. They dont favor married employees. They expect u to stay back everyday. Work culture, they work at night. During day, relaxed because overtimes are paid. Once u have a child, better to find another comp. Nowadays, they prefer hiring through universities. They dont practice and tolerate with family matter. The managers are only concern about their position. The engineers work like a dog. Inhuman. Dont practice good kpi reviews

Pros

Cons

Work like a robot.

Great benefits and opportunity and good work culture

Amazing The good things are I enjoyed everything, the people, the environment, the culture, the working life pretty much everything. The working environment and colleagues are very supportive and helpful.

Good career growth place

the place ids filled with many helpful employee and the R&D environment is very peaceful and not stressful. Very recommended place to work and to improve skills

Working with Sony

The people are great including the environment. Management are not so great. Starting salary are great for fresh graduate however the increment are not.

Learning center for fresh graduates

Good to learn new knowledge and explore new things for fresh graduate. When become senior, opportunity wise will be less for promotion and require to wait for quite long time due to the promotion is base on hierarchy.

Japan company best !

In production department , we will feel stress. But this will teach as to improve our skill to compete with others members. We become stronger than before. I'm blessed work in this company especially teach us for good 5s, the important of time.

Excellent time management and be prefect for work

fun with workplace easy communication with others races learn more about Sony global learn more about accounting learn on global business best salary and benefit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Sony in popular locations

• Sony