Sony

Sony Salary & Benefits reviews: Operator

Clear
3.8Salary & Benefits

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,002 reviews

It was an OK place to work

Hours were not guaranteed, too many layoffs. Job itself was fun and interesting getting to package movies that were not yet out in stores.

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

Unstable hours

poor management and hostile job culture

Too many indian cheifs and not enough indians. Promotions gained by sucking up rather than merit. Hostile employee culture on the work floor. The pay and benefits at the time were good when i worked there. If anything i learned how not to run a business and how not to treat employees at this place. I have not seen a workplace like this one before or since and that isn't a compliment. Its a wonderful place for a select few, but if you are not one of them you have no future there and eventually you will quit for something better.

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

no respect from management, lots of back stabbing

Manufacturer of discs

Repetive work, run an automated line by yourself, most management is Ok to deal with, the hardest part of the job is constantly not knowing what is truly going on from day to day, the most enjoyable part of the job was making friends along the way.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Low morale, constant cutbacks

Tiresome

Difficult job to do while simultaneously attending school, but it has minimal interaction for people who may not like to talk so much while working.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

very short breaks, tiresome

Hard Labor Job

Working as an operator in assembly line for 8 hrs. every day work was very hard standing for 8 hrs. co-workers are very helpful and fun to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job was break time.

Productive but not a good work environment. Very low morale

setting up machines to run orders learned about the production of compact discs management is always changing and has little experience co-workers are great but low morale hardest part is running sometimes 6 machines

Pros

3 breaks, 1 lunch break, good insurance

Cons

More expectations of operators, low pay.

Corporate Greed has DADC in it's clutches

Years ago people were proud to say they worked at Sony DADC. Now, however, it is embarrassing. Corporate cut backs have targeted ONLY the hourly shift employees while management walks around smug in their untouchable status. The hourly shift employees have been jerked around so much many have lost their homes, vehicles and families. Wage cut backs have triggered bankruptcy and divorce, yet management and Monday through Friday salary employees remain untouched. Management and Human Resources are clueless about the needs of the hourly employees and "honestly can't understand why morale is so low". This facility is poison to a person's soul. The environment is toxic.

productive and fun workplace

Its not really good. It was a shop. I just work here for time pass and improve myself.

I liked this job, and the people I worked with. In fact they're all still my friends and we keep in touch, including the supervisors. we were close.

It was a good job. We just don't need CD's anymore. Business was declining and the Sony sold it to Anderson Merchandisers. I honestly expected to retire from Sony, as did most of my co-workers. Our last day was a sad one.

Pros

Good wage, good benefits

Cons

CD's aren't as necessary anymore since we can burn our own

Big company

SONY was a great place to work over all. The money was great, the benefits were equally awesome. The work was fast paced at times and there was a variety of people that I worked with directly, group leaders, management, technicians, and engineers alike. There was a sure sense of being responsible of your own work. SONY is such a large company. There were a large number of foreign people running around that barely knew our language. Over all SONY was a good job.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sony?

Working and Testing Computers

I was put in a situation where all I needed to do is make sure the computers turn on, the optical drives work and the networking software ran smoothly.

Pros

moving around, good lunch food

Cons

small break rooms, short-term job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K
1.3K

• Sony
  • Operator
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?