Sony

Sony Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.8Salary & Benefits

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,003 reviews

Productive and fun place to go to work

You have to be very gentle and creative to teach the operator in a way they will not tired of their process and to make sure there will be much more movement when they do their process

Pros

You can go take a break after repaired and make sure your line in stable condition

Cons

Hard to take a day leave if you don’t have valid reason

Good platform for experience

Its a good opportunity to work with one of the giant brand company. Will give expose of the quality delivery to client.We can understand the japanese culture implemented on job life and how they want to maintain proceed production with the most quality value of products

Pros

Flexi hours

Cons

Quite hectic

Great benefits and opportunity and good work culture

Amazing The good things are I enjoyed everything, the people, the environment, the culture, the working life pretty much everything. The working environment and colleagues are very supportive and helpful.

Japan company best !

In production department , we will feel stress. But this will teach as to improve our skill to compete with others members. We become stronger than before. I'm blessed work in this company especially teach us for good 5s, the important of time.

Good working environment with Japanese work culture.

A good place for fresh graduates to learn the best practices in industry. Pros: Flexible working hours and relatively good benefits. Cons: Typical Japanese work culture.

Good workplace for freshie

Give training to the fresh graduate. Have mini morning meeting. Management also good. Workplace culture suit for me. work in a group, under supervision by senior. Give freedom to the work but must completed

Colleagues help in any way to solve problem

Flexible time of office hours where there no need rush to punch in. every morning have exercise to keep body always fresh. have frequent meeting in morning to discuss on problem occur and solution that can be taken. This help us learn gain more knowledge and experience in solution given. The management also keep monitoring and teach us dealing with supplier and customer.

Comfortable environment to work with friendly members.

-Work in R&D department, support engineer -Learn about wiring diagram, product quality, and re-work -Workplace is too friendly, every members keep supporting each other -The hardest part is when release a new product. Need to focus on procedure and work hard to get a good product. -Most enjoyable part is when work together with other members from another department, can gain a new knowledge and experience.

a good place for internship

A good place to gain knowledge to prepare for work life. Learn as much during your intern and portrait a good image. The people are nice and helpful. However as an intern it can be a little tiring when there are new model came out.

Productive and fun workplace

I working morning shift 7 am to 7 pm at sony. Have a nice supervisor. Not to stress at work and fun. Have a cafeteria and surau for muslim. 4 times break at sony.

Jobs at Sony

See more jobs

this company is very good

because this company make sure the staff is very good or not to working every day. work place calture this very appericate to another staff at department

Good work enviromenrt with a good college

Finish an internship program at Sony was good experience for me as a fresh graduate. The task given must be complete by the dateline given. I have learned a lot of new things for example, I have been placed into Software Quality Assurance department which is provide me experience in software testing and also i have learn new thing like how to use a hardware for support the testing like Raspberry pi and other micro controller.The management was good. I strongly like the workplace culture in Sony. Most of them are work in team and they help each other when one of them have a problem and try to solve the problem together. The hardest part of the job is when it comes to work under pressure. When receive the task that suddenly have to finish it by that day and combine with the daily task that have to finish by that day too, i have to struggle to manage all the task given to finish it to avoid the overdue date to submit the task give. I prefer over time to finish all the task given. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is the work life balance. The time hour for office is flexible and it easy for employee to manage their time to complete their work and it also give their employee three time to take a break from work and relax.

Pros

Healthcare, convenient cafe

Fun nad Happy

Happy work place working culture in good most enjoy workplace ever had. Nice management. Had Praying place and time learn a lot about machine and software

Im 2 my work with sony. Comfortable with my surronding

Im enjoying my work with sony. Comfortable with my surronding. Easy to communicate with other staff. I got a very good boss n supervisor. They know how to handle our problem.

Pros

We got lucky draw for every month. But only for those who have good attandance.

Good for Beginners, Bad for Seniors

A typical day consists of many problem solving. You gain many engineering skills such as debugging, problem solving, and stress management skills. However professional skills are virtually non existent. Management is good and open to your thoughts however they have many ways to counter your suggestions, all for the greater good. The hardest part of the job is to hold a huge responsibility at the start of your career. Most enjoyable is the expats and managers who cares for you and considers your work/life balance.

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Going back on time is considered "early"

fun at work

enjoyed the japan cuisine every friday. the schedule is too tight but i love allocation time or break for 15 minutes just to reduce stress and feel relax for a moment.

Pros

there are japan cuisine every friday

Cons

schedule too tight

Japanese Discipline in production environment

A company which emphasize a lot on discipline and continuous improvement activity (Kaizen). Since it is a manufacturing plant, work can be stressful when there are issues arises at night. Overall a good place to learn many valuable knowledge and social skill.

Pros

Good for fresh graduates

Cons

lack of work life balance.

Learning opportunity are limited. Do not provide sufficient working tools ie workstation or software.

Working in the factory is very strict and long working hours. Time-out is not allow and difficult in getting leave to be approved. Learned from the Japanese culture which is they are loyal and prepare to work long hours and less pay. The hardest part of the job is insufficient tools for us to carry out our duties ie limited workstation and software The most enjoyable time is year end celebration party when everyone get together enjoy the good time.

Pros

Company provide accomodation and transportation

Cons

Working for long hours, weekend for rework and midnight call for support.

nice working environment

typical day at work would be checking for any problems that occur in the production line. if there is a problem, rectification solution will be given so the problem will not occur nect time.

Very good work place

Sony is the best company to work. Very comfortable work place. I very happy work in Sony. Many benefit i got since work in Sony. For me, Sony is the best work place.

Productive workplace

During my internship in Sony, the environment was very good and gave an energetic feel to always working and finish the task given before the date line. Besides that, i learn many things that very useful for myself in present and my future life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K