Sony logo

Sony Employee Reviews

Malaysia98 reviews

Found 98 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,991 reviews

Harmonious & Friendly workplace

A family-like working environment. Courteous and friendly subordinates and superiors. Learned 5S (Japanese way of housekeeping), Kaizen and Lean management. Open management, no office politics. A blend of both Japanese & Malaysian way of work culture. High mix, low volume production is the hardest part, while rewards and recognition from top management is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Remuneration & benefits

Cons

No job rotation

Good experience and secure

In this company I learn good work ethic, scheduling and target setting. Quality and cost efficient is norm and a must know in daily jobs. Communication through world wide factory and sales company really increase your work attitude.

Pros

Free parking, low cost food

Cons

Highly stress working environment

Productive and Fun Workplace

* a typical day at work - Continuously learn new thing by schedule * What you learned -Assist Regulation Control Department which most involved in Green Management Program, Safety, Innovation, *Management - Easily to refer to department * Workplace culture - Adapt several Japanese culture * The hardest part of the job - Moderate * Most enjoyable part of the job - When assist SMI department which they conduct monthly activities which participated from various department ( mostly production and engineering department will sent their group to join ) to develop new idea which result on innivation & improvement.

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

Shortbreak

Productive and friendly work enviroment

Productive and friendly work environment, Computer and technical skills are essential, but equally important are management abilities. IT support need to analyze a problem and pick the best and most cost-effective solution. They need to additionally lead and motivate departments of people to meet the goals of the company. "The most important thing about IT management is knowing enough about a lot of things so you can manage a lot of people who know about different things,

Pros

Medical benefits for both dependent / annual bonus

Cons

No comments

Nice environment such family relationship with other staff

Management of sony does friendly environment there is no gap between staff and management as in business culture they keep taking care each other. Carreer advancement to all staff with facilities of training such safety, sop, audit, japan language and others.

Pros

family trip, dinner and best employee of the months

Cons

biz trip allowance is not too fair

Very interesting.

I learned lots of time when I was a sales assistant at Sony Corporation. I guess the hardest part of the job is to keep up with all the details of each product to promote but it was rewarding nonetheless.

Cons

Short breaks

My team is not supportive.

Monitor and run television software that been provided by the designer. The thing I hate the most about my workplace are my team member except my boss is not very supportive and unwillingly guide me as newbie in the team. I always being scolded by team member and sometimes I feel like I being humiliated in front of everyone. There are none enjoyable part when I work at here.

Japanese Discipline in production environment

A company which emphasize a lot on discipline and continuous improvement activity (Kaizen). Since it is a manufacturing plant, work can be stressful when there are issues arises at night. Overall a good place to learn many valuable knowledge and social skill.

Pros

Good for fresh graduates

Cons

lack of work life balance.

productive,energetic,innovative and frienly workplace.

produce tv set for worldwide market.my role as a trainer,production advisor,person incharges for new model introduction and auditor for safety and iso.

Learning opportunity are limited. Do not provide sufficient working tools ie workstation or software.

Working in the factory is very strict and long working hours. Time-out is not allow and difficult in getting leave to be approved. Learned from the Japanese culture which is they are loyal and prepare to work long hours and less pay. The hardest part of the job is insufficient tools for us to carry out our duties ie limited workstation and software The most enjoyable time is year end celebration party when everyone get together enjoy the good time.

Pros

Company provide accomodation and transportation

Cons

Working for long hours, weekend for rework and midnight call for support.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sony?

productive working

I learned many working styles..The management is very effective and my co workers are very helpful..They really helped me to guide my work..The hardest part of the job is at the end of the month in which there will be many invoices to be key in..I really enjoyed working there because they really helped me..

Systematic management

It is a foreign investment company, top management change every 3~5 years. As such, employees will have to adapt to new management changes every 3~5 years in terms of policies, culture & approach, etc.

nice working environment

typical day at work would be checking for any problems that occur in the production line. if there is a problem, rectification solution will be given so the problem will not occur nect time.

Company trip

- Always over workload - learn a lot of new Technology - Management is not consistence - co- workers are nice - most of the job is quite easy - i enjoy good communication with colleagues

Pros

discounted sony items

Cons

nil

Productive & very fun

Good everoment Management is verry good & the mostly enjoyable part of the job. My learned is how to handle the problem, presentation skill, meeting with other department, etc.

fun placeand nice to work in sony

the most enjoyable part of the job....no disturb from customer.........such as a nice job for me.....my boss was good and the staff all friendly with me......

Very good work place

Sony is the best company to work. Very comfortable work place. I very happy work in Sony. Many benefit i got since work in Sony. For me, Sony is the best work place.

very interpersonal person and skill

do reperting and shipping , invoice for contenna out from depot . i have learn how to create invoive shipping to hong kong . management very good , very enjoyfull for this job position .

Productive workplace

During my internship in Sony, the environment was very good and gave an energetic feel to always working and finish the task given before the date line. Besides that, i learn many things that very useful for myself in present and my future life.

fun with many friends

experience that I can work as an operator is able to identify the tools and materials from Sony brand cameras. The company also works in the mental and physical strength because it requires energy and mental workers in the completion of the company's products.

Pros

free launches

Cons

healthcare

Now working at bangkok

.because I will bring to the role a high level of commitment, dedication, am prepared to work hard to achieve my goals, and believe that I have the necessary skills and ability to successfully manage this position."
  • Sony