Sony logo

Sony Employee Reviews

Malaysia98 reviews

Found 98 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,991 reviews

Harmonious & Friendly workplace

A family-like working environment. Courteous and friendly subordinates and superiors. Learned 5S (Japanese way of housekeeping), Kaizen and Lean management. Open management, no office politics. A blend of both Japanese & Malaysian way of work culture. High mix, low volume production is the hardest part, while rewards and recognition from top management is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Remuneration & benefits

Cons

No job rotation

The best workplace so far.

. 5 working day per week . I had learn a lot about costing, budgeting and planning. . having good co-operation from all level. . the best management team so far. . the hardest part is during tight schedule to accomplish monthly job yearly budget schedule at the same month. . the most enjoyable part is when such task given complete on time.

Pros

Meals Allowance, Mileage and Toll Claims

Cons

productive and very fun workplace

My daily routine was assemble tv part, checking and packing finish goods. I learned how the production run and being handled. my co workers mostly foreigner from bangladesh, indonesia and they're good to me. The most enjoyable part was when we make outing together from my production line

Pros

flexible lunch hour

Cons

too many foreigner

I have learned alot about Marketing, sales, doing reports, conducting events, running roadshows, attending seminars, attending dealer's conference, reading market shares, preparing power point slides. I have very helpful colleagues from other department that assisted me when I needed help in preparing slides and preparing for monthly budget meetings. I enjoyed the most during my company's annual trip where everyone from different state met up

Pros

Strategic Working Location

Cons

Imbalanced worklife

mechanical engineer

• Design and develop mechanical structure and mechanism of portable product. Like take the role in design products like remote controller, bluetooth headphone, water proof speaker, battery box and noise cancelling model. • Developing design concept and drawing according to specification, draft working and detail drawings, sub-assemblies using Pro-Engineer Wildfire (as now so called CREAO), checking of drawing and preparation of Bill of Materials (BOM). • New tooling design discussion and parts verification and validation. Deal with vendor frequently and independently. • Responsibility to meet minimum target cost for design products. Like reduce the tooling cost with make it family tooling and reduce undercut for plastic part (to reduce slider). • Design and construct each individual sheet metal, rubber part, plastic injection, insert molding part, double molding part and tooling construction. • Carry out decorative processes such as laser cutting, hair blasting, plating, in-mould decoration (IMD), spray painting, hot stamping, tampo printing, anodizing. • Verify and validate the product performance from prototyping to mass production in line with product specification.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Fun workplace with different culture people

Strong management, strong safe working place, There is avavailable bonus program and will training program. Job culture is ok. Working condition is good.Sometimes they will offer free food and drinks.

Pros

free lunches

fun workplace

Since I am the type of human who like to drive for a long-time I really enjoy to work as Tour Guide, however it was also Part-Time job I learned how to interact with customers and eventually I got customer satisfaction.

Pros

allowances

Cons

no job security

A 20 cents coffee machine

The current operation manager preferentail treatment, favouritism. What I do noticed that this dept does not care much of employees achievement but they do shared it out loud when you make a mistake. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully resolve technical enquiries and not to mention the co-workers, they are the best.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Short breaks, Ask permission for toilet breaks.

Productive with their event in a year.

I have the opportunity to join the Research and Development Department. It is very interesting and challenging to be part of it even just for couple of month in Sony.

Responsible and Productive

To ensure the daily operation through the schedule. I have learned how to control the operation and communication supervise the operator operation. I also have a good co-worker. The hardest part of this job is when our organization has less of supply part shortage. But, we are try hardest to solve it. The most enjoyable part of the job is we have good co-operation, communication, and good teamwork between us in working area.

Pros

Free game (Futsal) every weekend

Cons

health (dust)

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sony?

Project Management is fun

Exposed to PMO job scope which is different what I've learned and worked so far, I've learned the concept/structure of project management. Initially, my point of project management view is just to manage the project and meeting timeline. Now, there are other factors also that contribute into successful project such as quality, procurement, scope, stakeholder influences, team players, etc.

the company is very productive and have good management

everyday there would be a short meeting to update work progress and what have been done. If there are some problems, there would be a detgailed discussion to solve the problem. Thus, it taught me to become a problem solver and communication with others. For me, an engineer is a good problem solver. The workers always helped me if there are somethin that I dont know. The hardest part is to develop existed design from zero into something to manufacturing production that can cut cost and reduce manufacturing time. lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job was my design have been turned into real and was given to the Sony manager in my department dring his retired ceremony.

Pros

helper workers

Cons

limited time for gaining experience since the training only 3 months

productive and fun workplace

-at work,taking 100% concentration and focus on tasks -learned a about soldering,checking new product bug,test the new product,check a waveform report of the new product. -task and time are manage very nicely and neat,not occur confusion,no feel stress -co-workers all friendly,helpful,willing to teach and pass on the skill and knowledge to new staff -most enjoyable part of the job is doing a task,because can learned a new skill or knowledge that cant learned at college and then staff all are friendly and make fun and joking to decrease the stress

happy work place with happy cooperation among employees

Routine for all employees to check their mail box to know the current issue n pending issue. Then an active feedback or response from each employees to work harder in a happy environment. I am learned to handle meetings, any events which organized by company, time management, work management, handle suppliers and customers, presenting report, admin work, timely response to supplier n customer and etc. The management are very good that experienced to me. The importance of disciplinary ( working time, intercommunication). Its very peaceful of co-workers. All of them are very cooperative person and they guard their culture and respect others culture. All jobs are enjoyable.

full of support with all co-workers and treated with respect-Main Key

Having empathy and understand for the customer situation. Tactful handling face to face enquiries from customer. Able to work as a part of team in busy environment. Ability to stay calm and under pressure. friendly, cheerful, understanding,sharing,working as a team in Sony and ready to assist and back up at any time. work as a family.

Pros

birthday anf festive season celebrations, annual bonus, medical, parking, children allowances, dental, company trips.

Cons

retrenchment-VSS

Great environment and very productive.

I worked as Software Quality Assurance Engineer in TV of Pan Asia Department. I have been doing quality test on the TV products based on the project specification. It was an interesting team project since I had to learn difference communication and television system since the project is global. The co-workers are really fun, enthusiastic, helpful and profound with the job.

Pros

Great privilige and the site has good facilities.

good working experience

i have to work 6days in a week. i have lot of experience because i handle lot of work in my office for example issue delivery order, arrange delivery, issue invoice, cash collection, handle customer. my management overall good and satisfy.my co worker all is good and care people. i work among diffrent races people.no hardest part in my job because i willing to earn new infomation.my most enjoyable part of my job is handling customer and clerical work.

Pros

Cons

fair

Challenging and systematic

I have 3 years working experience at one of the biggest, Japanese global electronic manufacturing company as an engineer. I was assigned to support production in quality issue related to parts. Working with Japanese has taught me about the importance of qualities in product as well as in task delivered. They emphasize on team work rather than individual achievement and the importance of keeping time to the job assigned has developed me over the years. I was also supervising few subordinates from multiracial background in helping me with daily task. This has helped me to understand more in working with cultural diversity and not to be biased to one another. I also act as Shift Supervisor working 12 hours/day to support production. I also well versed with computed productivity software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and Oracle which can be considered from intermediate to advanced level. I can also managed technical machine such as microscope, grinding machine and x-ray machine. Due to my responsibility which need to feedback analysis of defective parts, I need to send it to vendor for further root cause analysis. This has taught me about supply chain management and logistics where I need to communicate with planning team for replacement part and export team for returning of defective parts.

Pros

Learned quality management from top Japanese company

Cons

Long hours of working (12 hours on rotating shift)