Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Malaysia121 reviews
Good company, work dedication can promote position. Vast sections and departments to work for. Management has transparent KPI. Nothing hidden in terms of performance.
I have learned a lot from Standard Chartered Bank. Cultural wise, the employers are friendly and willing to help when I facing difficulty at work. But somehow it is a stressful job as you will need to achieve a high target and no life balance.
Work in Hq. Best working environment and learn many updated tech matters. Best working colleague. Best facilities. Most important are best benefits for staff.
Can try a 5 year stay. Work hard to stay afloat in the organization. Better to acquire on job training and keep changing the role. Be careful to negotiate your salary appropriately before joining.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK!
My work environment feels inclusive and respectful of all people. you always learn something new, how to get project done, in different variation, and on time, companies benefits great!
No words to describe company. Waste company. Better be at home instead of working there.peoppe ducks . Everyone sucks . I Guess this gives u very clear idea
Great place to work and learn the business directions and goals for each product. help to improve communication and objections skills as my job requires liaising with few units and bosses.
Able to learn about banking system from time to time. Good team work and culture. Productive work environment. Career growth through trainings and reviews
it is the place to work for those who wants to learn on what multitasking really mean.
You will have exposure to handle multiple country too.

The good things

High pay compared to other banks and flexible working arrangements (eg. work from home). Global infrastructure and diverse culture provides plenty opportunity for career development and growth in the banking industry.

The challenges

Regional roles can be extremely challenging and intense depending on your team/supervisor's working style. Horror stories in the job market about this company is very true, so HR lures candidates with high pay just to cover the very high attrition rate. Options for flexible working hours are there but again depending on the workload, there is not much of a work life balance at all. Consider very carefully before taking any offers as it may require an entire mindset overhaul compared to your previous working experience.
Big company of India family.
No transparencies.

Lack of meritocracy.

management at sick stakes.
Pros
Nope
Cons
Plenty
Professional work force with proper and credit knowledge unfortunately not biaiseness happen in last 2 years there...work load not properly distributed.
Pros:
- Flexible working hours, have an option to work from home

- Generally ok benefits, not much for direct contract staff compared to permanents

- Lots of extra-curricular activities to participate, especially volunteering within the company and sports to make new friends outside your department

- Have some perks (read: subsidized price) to participate on some company-sponsored marathons

- Overall work culture is good, there is still some balance through the support group on your team that help you get the job done

Cons:

- Depending on which project assigned, not all bosses are deeply concerned with all of their employees which leads to my next point below

- People engagement within project teams end up become more of initiative by the employees themselves rather than encouraged by the bosses

- Some teams are confined with their own groups most of the time

- Work load can be heavy especially for teams with support roles and if counterpart are on holidays

- Performance review are not a priority for direct contract staff, meritocracy can be challenging
You get medical cards and incentives. We have had amazing employers but many have had left the company. The company does a lot of CSR activities which is great for personal growth and experience.
- company benefit is excellent
- some management tend to have bias attitude

- flexible working environment

- not everyone have their work life balance, depending who you work with
People are nice and friendly. Trainers are excellent and helpful.
I am unhappy about my salary being reduced after having agreed on a certain amount. I got a call from HR in India saying that they are unable to give me the amount I asked for, ( just 2.8k, and they can't afford this). Salary is low. My colleague doing the same job is getting 1k more than me. I do not understand the huge difference as we are performing the same tasks on the daily.

They will promise you career advancement so that you don't look for other jobs but there are many other people there.

Strict timetable to follow, which is a rather VERY UNFAIR system, right down to toilet breaks being scheduled like we're robots on the clock. It is not an efficient system at all. Annual leave is hard to get. Job can be stressful at times. The slightest mistake can be very costly.
Overall very good culture- with few exceptions. some domain are excellent to excel, relaxing and productive environment.
work life balance in most of the domain.
Know about banking product especially in loan and credit card.
How to handle verity of costumer attitude and anger.

How to communicate properly and set target
Working as a CDD IB analyst for 5 years.
Well versed in completing and reviewing enhance due diligence investigations and reviews that utilized internal and external public and private databases to compile a portfolio of information on source of wealth, source of fund and source of income.

I like this company as surrounding is lively with hardworking and happening

staff
Good and Nice Place to work.
Can learn new Technologies and opportunities for new Roles and Career Growth. A flexible working culture like work from home etc.
good workplace
learn most of the thing throughout the job

good management - listen to employee

good culture

need to provide number of productivity

good colleague and fun to work with
Pros
good on employee benefit
Cons
maternity cost not cover
Good, Good , Good...it is very convenient to apply for any openings and search for opportunities. I enjoyed the collaboration and application submission methodology , as it provide for ….
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K