Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Malaysia130 reviews

Found 130 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,965 reviews

Loved my time working here - lots of nice people, supportive bosses and great company culture. Work life balance wasn't the greatest but I guess that was just my department because everyone else went back on time. Lol.

Workload

Stressful and no enough people.Workload and high volume.Location has no affordable food.Its hard to jump next level of position.Friendly environment. Easy to apply leave.

Stressful work environment

Inconsistent information and poor management. Contradicting from the very start and training provided was inadequate.Seeking for help is challenging and bullying environment.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Location has no affordable food and shuttle service is rigid

Peaceful working environment

Happy be a staff of SCB. Peaceful Environment and good working time. Hope if i get a chance to work with SCB again, i won't miss it. Good colleague and Boss.

Pros

Contract staff also should enjoy the allowance given to permanent staff.

Cons

Increase sports activities.

Good place to grow

It's a good place to work and develop your own skill. The management might not be that good as they would be more focus on task given to them than your capability. But it's good if you found the right team.

Friendly and productive working environment

Friendly colleagues and structured training system. Good for fresh graduates to develop correct working ethics and as first step to get into banking line.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Long hours sometimes

iam fun work here!!

very recommended to work here, I met many friends here, a comfortable workplace, a very quiet and interesting atmosphere. I hope I will be called to work here again.

Pros

facility excellent, a lot of celebrations, for example women’s day I would get a bouquet of flowers

Cons

My time back to work is not fixed

Fast paced and challenging. Must be optimistic and open to change. Good colleagues and atmosphere. Good training sessions and knowledge transfer among teams.

Pros

Good reward

Cons

No comment

Strong workplace culture

Its been a 40 years journey with Standard Chartered Bank. The organisation has moulded and nurtured me to greater heights in my career path where I started off as a teller and currently am a Senior Manager. Have been given the exposure to learn and develop new skills with the required training . Strong financial stability and strong working culture with positive work sprits. Ability to manage and drive the team to excellency by increasing the efficiency and productivity. Training and motivating team-members .

Pros

Opportunity to grow with the bank

SCB Review

Good company, work dedication can promote position. Vast sections and departments to work for. Management has transparent KPI. Nothing hidden in terms of performance.

Best Place to learn new things

I have learned a lot from Standard Chartered Bank. Cultural wise, the employers are friendly and willing to help when I facing difficulty at work. But somehow it is a stressful job as you will need to achieve a high target and no life balance.

Best working Enviroment

Work in Hq. Best working environment and learn many updated tech matters. Best working colleague. Best facilities. Most important are best benefits for staff.

Good

Can try a 5 year stay. Work hard to stay afloat in the organization. Better to acquire on job training and keep changing the role. Be careful to negotiate your salary appropriately before joining.

Good

GOOD PLACE TO WORK! My work environment feels inclusive and respectful of all people. you always learn something new, how to get project done, in different variation, and on time, companies benefits great!

Naaaa aaa

No words to describe company. Waste company. Better be at home instead of working there.peoppe ducks . Everyone sucks . I Guess this gives u very clear idea

Great people to work with

Great place to work and learn the business directions and goals for each product. help to improve communication and objections skills as my job requires liaising with few units and bosses.

Banking experience

Able to learn about banking system from time to time. Good team work and culture. Productive work environment. Career growth through trainings and reviews

it is the place to work fo those who wants to learn on what multitasking really mean.

it is the place to work for those who wants to learn on what multitasking really mean. You will have exposure to handle multiple country too. The good things High pay compared to other banks and flexible working arrangements (eg. work from home). Global infrastructure and diverse culture provides plenty opportunity for career development and growth in the banking industry. The challenges Regional roles can be extremely challenging and intense depending on your team/supervisor's working style. Horror stories in the job market about this company is very true, so HR lures candidates with high pay just to cover the very high attrition rate. Options for flexible working hours are there but again depending on the workload, there is not much of a work life balance at all. Consider very carefully before taking any offers as it may require an entire mindset overhaul compared to your previous working experience.

Cronyism

Big company of India family. No transparencies. Lack of meritocracy. management at sick stakes.

Pros

Nope

Cons

Plenty

Professional

Professional work force with proper and credit knowledge unfortunately not biaiseness happen in last 2 years there...work load not properly distributed.

Decent company to stay but needs improvement on people engagement

Pros: - Flexible working hours, have an option to work from home - Generally ok benefits, not much for direct contract staff compared to permanents - Lots of extra-curricular activities to participate, especially volunteering within the company and sports to make new friends outside your department - Have some perks (read: subsidized price) to participate on some company-sponsored marathons - Overall work culture is good, there is still some balance through the support group on your team that help you get the job done Cons: - Depending on which project assigned, not all bosses are deeply concerned with all of their employees which leads to my next point below - People engagement within project teams end up become more of initiative by the employees themselves rather than encouraged by the bosses - Some teams are confined with their own groups most of the time - Work load can be heavy especially for teams with support roles and if counterpart are on holidays - Performance review are not a priority for direct contract staff, meritocracy can be challenging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Standard Chartered Bank in popular locations

• Standard Chartered Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?