Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Know about banking product especially in loan and credit card. How to handle verity of costumer attitude and anger. How to communicate properly and set target
People are nice and friendly. Trainers are excellent and helpful. I am unhappy about my salary being reduced after having agreed on a certain amount. I got a call from HR in India saying that they are unable to give me the amount I asked for, ( just 2.8k, and they can't afford this). Salary is low. My colleague doing the same job is getting 1k more than me. I do not understand the huge difference as we are performing the same tasks on the daily. They will promise you career advancement so that you don't look for other jobs but there are many other people there. Strict timetable to follow, which is a rather VERY UNFAIR system, right down to toilet breaks being scheduled like we're robots on the clock. It is not an efficient system at all. Annual leave is hard to get. Job can be stressful at times. The slightest mistake can be very costly.
I’ve learned what’s it like to work with a team and how to solve problems, guided by great team leaders and worked in an excellent environment. My managers guided me well
Very professional and a lot of fun people. International standard and full of history. Good benefits and have a great opportunity in terms of carrier avancement.
It has a Good environment with friendly staff. Good pay and career development There's a pattern in the calls, once you're used to it, you can take it easy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Quite a good employer, however my role was not a good one to write. Being a teller, day in day out was a pretty much static one. You do ABC as told, and receive complain on behalf of everyone else in SCB. That's wht you are paid for.
- Work starts on time (tag in and tag out system). Requires you to be punctual at all times. - The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate with different types of customers (Singapore) and being able to come up with out of the box solutions to problems. - Workplace culture is very fast-paced and involved. - I have learned alot here as it is my first job after graduating, it was the best training ground in preparing me for the real world. One of the best customer service training that I have gone through. Because I was catering to Singapore market, it has taught me to be diligent, detailed and dedicated in my job.
Pros
Provides ongoing training in all areas from Customer Service to all Banking areas.
Cons
shift hours, difficulty in taking leave
In the call centre, I have learnt to provide excellent customer service to the customers via telephone. Being able to interact with the customers in three different language. Working as the team is the key during work as we have answers a number of calls in a certain period of time. The management in the Bank was very friendly, we were treated as a family, whenever it was tough we were sometimes brought cakes and deserts by our managers. The hardest part of the job was being able to satisfy all of the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving compliments from the customers say that I excellent customer service.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Low salary
  1. Customer Service Representative