Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Salary & Benefits reviews

Malaysia122 reviews
Work in Hq. Best working environment and learn many updated tech matters. Best working colleague. Best facilities. Most important are best benefits for staff.
Can try a 5 year stay. Work hard to stay afloat in the organization. Better to acquire on job training and keep changing the role. Be careful to negotiate your salary appropriately before joining.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK!
My work environment feels inclusive and respectful of all people.
you always learn something new, how to get project done, in different variation, and on time, companies benefits great!
Pros:
- Flexible working hours, have an option to work from home

- Generally ok benefits, not much for direct contract staff compared to permanents
- Lots of extra-curricular activities to participate, especially volunteering within the company and sports to make new friends outside your department
- Have some perks (read: subsidized price) to participate on some company-sponsored marathons

- Overall work culture is good, there is still some balance through the support group on your team that help you get the job done

Cons:

- Depending on which project assigned, not all bosses are deeply concerned with all of their employees which leads to my next point below

- People engagement within project teams end up become more of initiative by the employees themselves rather than encouraged by the bosses

- Some teams are confined with their own groups most of the time

- Work load can be heavy especially for teams with support roles and if counterpart are on holidays

- Performance review are not a priority for direct contract staff, meritocracy can be challenging
People are nice and friendly. Trainers are excellent and helpful.
I am unhappy about my salary being reduced after having agreed on a certain amount. I got a call from HR in India saying that they are unable to give me the amount I asked for, ( just 2.8k, and they can't afford this). Salary is low. My colleague doing the same job is getting 1k more than me. I do not understand the huge difference as we are performing the same tasks on the daily.
They will promise you career advancement so that you don't look for other jobs but there are many other people there.

Strict timetable to follow, which is a rather VERY UNFAIR system, right down to toilet breaks being scheduled like we're robots on the clock. It is not an efficient system at all. Annual leave is hard to get. Job can be stressful at times. The slightest mistake can be very costly.
Everything is fine and pleasant at Standard Chartered. Benefits for foreign workers. Lack of internal jobs, not active listening. Find it very hard to get internal job
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of chances to join internally
Lots to learn but long hours. Pay is decent but forget about career advancement unless you're the same race as the majority in your team. Started off with great benefits like meals if you work past 7. However, many of those perks got rescinded. Work from home 1-2 days a week is a possibility.
Very professional and a lot of fun people.
International standard and full of history.

Good benefits and have a great opportunity in terms of carrier avancement.
The team will be jovial and fun, In all the eight hours min two hours whole will chit and relax to make sure none of them are tensed. Lots of fun and joy
Pros
Team Lunch, Team outings
The team managers are nice towards his team members and he is rare to be found and i am lucky to have him as my manager. The working environment is quite good and they have a flexible working time. They also have a good remuneration and medical allowances. The most challenging thing is that they requires you to work for long hours and the overtime payment is not implemented yet.
Pros
Medical benefit
Cons
Long working hour
Treat employee with free dinner for OT staff. A good team leader and always support the staff. A multi racial company and always have fun in their event. Back office work, day to day job may be boring.
Pros
Free OT dinners
Cons
Day to day jo and not challenging
The industry, culture and environment is fast paced, high turnover in management and staff, which, provides ample opportunity to move to different roles within the organisation. Requires commitment and diligence to manage the pace and work load.
Pros
Good to average benefits and remuneration
Cons
Long hours with no overtime and work-life balance. High turnover in management and direction.
a 5 days work, but somehow it required to take in noon shif once in a month and somehow required work during weekend and public holiday. whilst there is a another same function team located at chennai(24/7)

there's no proper documentation for each of the system that my team take in support. almost everything hands on knowledge from whomever senior available on duty.

Working tool incompleted. highlighted on the mandatory working tools that need to perform BAU, however, approval takes up more than two months not able to settle.

Managerial level doens't really concern their staffs, a lot staff related matter missed out follow up.

Open concept workplace, but seat very limited (2 staffs sharing 1 desk). Work from home not allow although VPN is ready for all staff.

the most challenging part to work in here was like a lone ranger, there will nobody cares on your existance.

Overall working culture very disharmony.
Pros
Attractive Benefits
Cons
Bad working culture
It has a Good environment with friendly staff.
Good pay and career development

There's a pattern in the calls, once you're used to it, you can take it easy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Good Place to work, Remuneration paid is more than industry standards. Work from home allowed, Shift allowance paid if you are in support and working in SHifts
You bring home your laptop, that's why you can continue your work at home and you can still spend time with your family. Work when i was there was balance. But it will always depend on the project.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
salary is not that competitive
Quite a good employer, however my role was not a good one to write. Being a teller, day in day out was a pretty much static one. You do ABC as told, and receive complain on behalf of everyone else in SCB. That's wht you are paid for.
In a typical day in my position I fullfilled management task of product marketing. Throughout the day I completed various marketing programme as well, including build rapport with customers, drafting email, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolve customer issues. I am having great benefits and a workplace that is fun and dedicated to making customers and employee team happy with this organisation. I am Relationship Manager Priority banking in Corporate sale, love my job, but the hardest part is I have to do product selling to public in the shopping mall. The most enjoyable part of my job is t gives flexibility. I support companies which give the option to be flexible and have the trust that the employee can get the job done. Also, by giving flexibility to ones who needs its, can be great for both the company and the individual, since the company is getting good quality employee and the individual can be part of both the corporate world and be part of the family.
Expect to spend long hours given less staff in banking these days. Good exposure to communicate with different people from other countries which is exciting. It is also important to be good at stakeholder management in order to get things done faster!
Pros
Good international network
Cons
The management was good when newly joined but after some time when the management changed, working envinronment was not so fun to work as previously but overall it was awesome place to work.
Pros
sometimes free provided
Cons
short breaks will be freezed
I'm proud to able to working for a company that has a good reputation and having a job that provides a steady employment. I'm also feel thankful to having an immediate supervisor who is competent, considerate, and fair. And lastly it a great to work there because having physical working conditions that are safe, not injurious to health, not stressful, and even comfortable.
Pros
Free movies ticket
Cons
to many events(assembly)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K