Studio Asean

Studio Asean Employee Reviews

Malaysia2 reviews
Management was in chaos, the boss would lash out vulgarities to staffs when things go wrong. A newly established firm that is still testing with the best system. The pay is quite low compared to the average pay out there. No EPF/SOSCP provided, apparently the company was still figuring out how the procedure works. Some times you will require to OT but no fees given, you may negotiate to take off instead.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally
Cons
Long hours, bad tempered boss, low pay
The thing that really stands out about Studio-Asean is the work culture.

This was my first job after coming back from the UK, and after surveying numerous firms, I noticed that the other companies only focused on what I can do for them and ignored the skills that I have learned whilst studying for my Masters in Architecture degree under JPA scholarship.

Besides being involved in international projects and working with a partner firm like world reknowned architect's Grimshaw, I had oppotunities to run a project from design to the construction stage.

Our boss takes the projects to the next level by running the construction management as well. This was extremely challenging but the experience I gained was tremendous and allowed me to control many inspirational aspects of the design.

Overall, the diversity and large variations of project types allowed me to leap beyond my peers and land me a very important position at my next destination.

I can only say my biggest thanks and gratitude to the firm, and hope that our paths cross again sometime in the future.
Pros
Deep insights into architecture and construction
Cons
Tough to handle site work and site workers schedules