Sutherland

Sutherland Employee Reviews

Malaysia38 reviews
working on shift, company got pantry to have breafast or break... multiculture environment, good to share opions & feedback, got chance to make friends with people around the world, more activites in every festivals, got incentives, the jobs not so stressful,
30 March 2020
Hello! As a global company, Sutherland has a diverse workforce and fosters an inclusive work environment and positive culture. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and wish you all the very best!
i have never had a bad day in sutherland - i have a very flexible working hours, supportive manager, director & team members. salary is being paid on time every month, modest work place with almost complete facilities.
It's a awesome company and it's new product under this Sutherland. Was handing uk customer. It's great and I was enjoying the benefits of company. I really love it.
My experience at Sutherland is Not a nad experience the environment in the workplace is overall great and it has a family feel to also it is a great place to get experience and move up if your willing to put in the work however there are things that can be improved.

Leadership/management is disconnected from the agents and keeps being replaced- rather than there being management that is there on a account long enough to know how to operate and run it the management to keeps revolving resulting in a start from scratch situation each time. (This is just what I experienced from the account i am on) Management can be to disconnected and not understanding when it comes to the agents.

So if your looking to get experience move up and have great benefits this is the place for you just keep in mind the cons.
Working with daily with different types of customer . Learned to be more patient handled stress and pressure. Able to mingle and socialize with different type of people and know their own culture.
10 September 2019
Hello. Thanks for this positive feedback. We are pleased that you enjoy your work atmosphere. In fact, our aim is to maintain a positive, comfortable and professional environment where all our employees can grow and flourish. Thank you for sharing your experience. Have a wonderful day!
A good workplace.

Lively place with many groups of colleagues.

Learned many new tasks.

new tasks, new requirements, cope up with Management needs
Company exploits foreign workers. They terminated employees for inappropriate reason and employees had NO options nor second chance. They did not tell the right procedure after that. Even they told lies about working visa status which lead to hassle. They did not tell about tax clearance procedure earlier (which is against labor law in Malaysia). Did not treat all employees equally and discriminated many employees. They keep promising to pay reimbursement but till today they haven't paid yet even though ex-employees have been kicked out of the company. No release letter given so ex-employees lost their new opportunity to work in another company in Malaysia.
Pros
Multicultural working environment
Cons
Company mess with people's life
- working in a graveyard shift (9pm - 6am) as technical support for AS client
- learn to do all the troubleshooting of the system, installation of the software (knowledge portal provided as a reference)

- management not really consistent

- workplace culture very simple

- the most enjoyable part of this job is the opportunity to handle and speak with AS client.
Pros
free drink
Cons
short lunch time
You need to think million times if you want to work for BPO.
Company will pay you high salary but once you’re bound by the contract, it’s very hard to have work life balance and keep working under pressure. Termination will lead to employee who didn’t success in one certain program with no option and no appropriate reason. Company doesn’t know how to manage people and providing the best working environment for their employee. They didn’t know how to treat each employee equally, even after the employee already cut-off, they didn’t care or response how to release the employee so that he/she can join new employer immediately. Even they let the employee think by him/herself without any guidance. The worst thing, company didn’t pay reimbursement of visa’s fee and flight ticket as they offered before.
Pros
Multicultural working environment
Cons
Bad, Low, Slow and Weak Management
As a process transformation company, Sutherland rethinks and rebuilds processes for the digital age by combining the speed and insight of design thinking with the scale and accuracy of data analytics. We have been helping customers, across industries from financial services to healthcare, achieve greater agility through transformed and automated customer experiences.
Worked as customer service for courts malaysia. It wasnt a difficult task as i have brushed my skills and knowledge. As for the manangement, they really need to know how to take care of their employees instead of always changing and distracting employees mind. Less benefit, less pay and requirement is too high
End to end job not really productive as the field we are working on there is no any career or growth enhancement provided. However company strategy is well maintain and fixed.
Pros
Own Lunch, Own Parking Cost
Cons
Medical Fee ( Inpatient Only )
10 October 2018
Thanks for your feedback. Our recognition philosophy is about recognizing high performance and value-based behavior.
We work at rotation. Experienced work during day light and night. I like the workplace.
- Routinely singled out for high-volume, high-quality work within deadline.

- Answer customer telephone calls regarding existing accounts and make requested policy

- Answer customer telephone, create a follow up if needed, call logistics team for delivery status

- Respond questions and concerns accordingly and escalate calls appropriatelly

- Consult with customers to evaluate needs and determine best options, and consistently improve customer satisfaction through expert resolutions of conflicts, issues, and concerns.

Colleagues come across countries, quite beneficial to learn about their culture and get more connections.

Call center life during peak season was 1 of the hardest time but it gaining my skills to work faster.
Pros
Free food while working on public holiday or peak season. Ex. Christmas
Cons
incompatible between salary and job
24 September 2018
Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate you sharing details of your work at Sutherland, and how you have been generating high volume and high quality work within a specific deadline.

It’s great that you have gained skills along the way. We do strive to provide competitive total rewards that are equitable in the marketplace, recognize individual initiative, and reward performance and behaviors that drive business results.
I really enjoy working at Sutherland Global Service but unfortunately, the project is close down.
Very good working environment and all the workmates.
10 September 2018
Thank you for your review… we love seeing your comment "best company ever." We're so sorry that the program you were supporting shut down, and can imagine that was frustrating. We do wish you the best in your future work. Thanks again.
- The company does not know how to manage people and providing the best working environment for their employee.
- Need to change the business style to get more project
15 August 2018
Hello there, and thank you so much for your feedback. We're so very saddened to read that your experiences have not been good. As we are always looking to improve the employee experience, please feel free to reach us directly at comments@sutherlandglobal.com, to share more. Thanks again... we truly are glad to have you on the Sutherland team.
Sutherland is a place of diversity and they value the ideas the most. attractive salary however the bench marking sometimes is not done properly. after all I enjoy my time in Sutherland.
11 July 2018
Thanks for your feedback. Good to hear that you had a pleasant time working at Sutherland. Our goal is to enable our employees to work on interesting projects, grow their own way, and be themselves. We do strive to provide competitive total rewards that are equitable in the marketplace, recognize individual initiative, and reward performance and behaviors that drive business results. We wish you all the best in your professional career.
If you wish to work for BPO, you need to think twice.
They might offer you with a good starting salary but when you are bound by the contract, it's very hard for you to have work life balance and you will keep working under pressure.
12 June 2018
Thanks for your thoughts. Our goal is to enable our employees to work on interesting projects, grow their own way, and be themselves.
Very good environment, junior and senior that support each other. Love all events given to the employees to make us happy and feel like this company is our home and family.
12 June 2018
Hello and thanks for the feedback. We're so glad that you find Sutherland to feel like family - we do too. Thanks so much for being part of the Sutherland team.
This is a good app. Helps me with an easy access to find a job. The information is very sufficient. This makes life easier. I would rate this app 5 star
12 June 2018
Hello and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It is much appreciated.
Sutherland global has given a great work environment. However, too much hidden plan which disadvantage employee. Work life balance are not equal. etcc
Pros
High payment that's all
Cons
Too many hidden planning which disadvantage employee
I thought that large or small spaces was not important. I would like to join company was assigned by good management.

My colleagues's attitude had been negative thinking. I didn't like their attitude.

I like to work in challenge environment and helping social when you wanted to help from them. They should help from service mind.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8K