Sutherland

Sutherland Management reviews

Malaysia38 reviews
A good workplace.

Lively place with many groups of colleagues.

Learned many new tasks.

new tasks, new requirements, cope up with Management needs
My experience at Sutherland is Not a nad experience the environment in the workplace is overall great and it has a family feel to also it is a great place to get experience and move up if your willing to put in the work however there are things that can be improved.

Leadership/management is disconnected from the agents and keeps being replaced- rather than there being management that is there on a account long enough to know how to operate and run it the management to keeps revolving resulting in a start from scratch situation each time. (This is just what I experienced from the account i am on) Management can be to disconnected and not understanding when it comes to the agents.
So if your looking to get experience move up and have great benefits this is the place for you just keep in mind the cons.
- working in a graveyard shift (9pm - 6am) as technical support for AS client
- learn to do all the troubleshooting of the system, installation of the software (knowledge portal provided as a reference)

- management not really consistent
- workplace culture very simple
- the most enjoyable part of this job is the opportunity to handle and speak with AS client.
Pros
free drink
Cons
short lunch time
You need to think million times if you want to work for BPO.
Company will pay you high salary but once you’re bound by the contract, it’s very hard to have work life balance and keep working under pressure. Termination will lead to employee who didn’t success in one certain program with no option and no appropriate reason. Company doesn’t know how to manage people and providing the best working environment for their employee. They didn’t know how to treat each employee equally, even after the employee already cut-off, they didn’t care or response how to release the employee so that he/she can join new employer immediately. Even they let the employee think by him/herself without any guidance. The worst thing, company didn’t pay reimbursement of visa’s fee and flight ticket as they offered before.
Pros
Multicultural working environment
Cons
Bad, Low, Slow and Weak Management
Worked as customer service for courts malaysia. It wasnt a difficult task as i have brushed my skills and knowledge. As for the manangement, they really need to know how to take care of their employees instead of always changing and distracting employees mind. Less benefit, less pay and requirement is too high
Sutherland global has given a great work environment. However, too much hidden plan which disadvantage employee. Work life balance are not equal. etcc
Pros
High payment that's all
Cons
Too many hidden planning which disadvantage employee
I thought that large or small spaces was not important. I would like to join company was assigned by good management.

My colleagues's attitude had been negative thinking. I didn't like their attitude.

I like to work in challenge environment and helping social when you wanted to help from them. They should help from service mind.
Human power management is weak. Failed planning of human power coverage and its might lead to termination anytime without appropriate reason (most probably say head count limit after hired 3 months).
The job and people are fun. The balance of working and social life of the employees are maintained. However, employees must face uncertainty in regards of their job, as the business is not always good and the management is not really transparent with the employees
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sutherland?
A typical day at work is a very busy work. However, I learned a lot during my time here. The leaders are very cooperative and they coach us all the time. The management is pretty transparent with the whole process of the company.
over all of the company is good, except the management of HR is poor,and they always have gathering for teams to release stressful work life. And also, the superior is friendly enough
Basically, the company brings me up to the next level to get new experience in BPO but I thought it was not good structure and management provided.
The shift and the working environment is good for me from this company. But, the management need to be improve a lot. I feel the company is good enough but the policy from HR or management are always change without notice to those agent. Besides, they unable to provide proper explanation to team managers and cause us unable to convince the agents.
This is my first job as Human Resources Executive. I learned a lot from my superior and adapt fast. My job scoop keep on growing from attendance tracking to preparation of salary summary to employment pass application for foreign knowledge workers.
Cons
Unable to claim overtime, parking not claimable for level 1/2 employess
I was working as Technical Support Executive for McAfee Antivirus Program. In Sutherland we are handling customers through chat (UK and US customers).