Synthomer

Synthomer Employee Reviews

Malaysia16 reviews

good company

*if u hardwork u can achive your target, *job cultute is good,friend ship *benefit medical is good from employee to family company support *time with family very good

Productive and Knowledgeable

The employees are very cooperative and helpful. They are very kind to share their knowledge and experience in order to make the workplace better and safety. I have learned a lot from them.

Challenging and Excited job

Quite alot of firefighting work but company encourage work life balance. Some time collige will give some trouble on the work, but we still can be good friend after work. Some time will have some challenging issue happen, but we still can resolve it by our team work.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Our department difficult to get promote

Good for management

Working at synthomer have 2shift,day and night.2day and 2night then offday 4day.i have many learn at synthomer about process chemical.my senior much give me knowledge and teach for work.

Good working place

Great co-workers & helpful supervisors. Plenty of resources to be used, with people with vast experience available to help and guide me. Facilities and employee benefits are good.

productive & enjoy

good technical management the working culture excellent a lot things had learned, Self efficiency and efficient development English Communication at Workplace

Pros

a lot benefits for worker & family

Cons

management not sensitive with worker

Productive & friendly employees.

Good place/company to learn about chemical industry,engineering work & project management.Good management in company business growth.The hardest part of the job is to be a multitask employee & the enjoyable part of the job is to get recognition from employer for our successful completed task.

Pros

Quantity of Annual leave.

Cons

Business travelling allowance for staff level.

Happy Culture Company

Highly established company that employees oriented, focus on the company's goals and give important to employee career growth. Mixed culture of American.

Pros

Birthday party, annual dinner, department dinner, department outing

Cons

too many restriction

Productive and innovative workplace with utmost importance given to safety of every worker

Synthomer is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Acrylic and Vinyl emulsions polymers, speciality polymers and Styrene-Butadiene and Acrylonitrile-Butadiene latex. Synthomer is the market leaders in many market segments including coatings, construction, technical textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. As an industrial trainee at Natural Rubber (NR) Division, I gained knowledge on intermediate processes involving natural rubber. My pivotal role as an industrial trainee in Synthomer was to equip myself with knowledge and learning mainly on process control, a procedure that covers all manufacturing processes of Revultex, compounds, evaporator, chemical dispersion and chemical solutions in NR Production Plant. Apart from that, since vulcanization alone is not sufficient, I was able to observe and learn the compounding processes of fresh latex which is essential in order to improve an elastomer's physical strength and some needed characteristics. As one of the fundamental elements of the company's mission, sustainability has always been a focal point on the path towards success. On that note, I had the privilege of handling risk assessment matrix once in every month. This procedure was not only useful to define the level of risk by considering the category of probability or likelihood against the category of consequence severity, it also aided me in acquiring knowledge on standard operating procedure (SOP) for every major process carried out in the plant. This internship also assisted me in polishing my soft skills notably my presentation skills. I presented on safety -

Pros

Healthcare

Internship in this company

I undergo my internship in this company for 3 months. All the seniors and colleagues treat me well and patient. I also got invited for the company annual dinner as a practical student. Regarding the job scope that I have done, it definitely help me to suit myself faster and better in my future job. I am enjoyed working with them.

productive, energetic and lot of fun.

eight to five, Monday to Friday. Learned to optimized the resources and maximized the production. Working with controlled budget to get the good profit margin. liaised with government agencies in order to ensure the regulation compliance are followed and comply.

Pros

good bosses and good working environment

Cons

facing heavy traffic everyday when coming to work or going home

Good Workplace

Good company to work at. Opportunities for travelling between different countries depending on the nature of projects. Working in the health and safety department also allows travels for HAZOP's

productive and fun workplace

i'm looking for better opportunities and enhancing my skill set.need more knowledge and experience.Professional advancement and good future

Pros

free lunches

Cons

healthcare, medical card

Interesting job with friendly enviroment

5 days working (mon to fri) Its a UK based company dealing with Synthetic latex. Good working enviroment 22 days annual leave benefit

Pros

Telephone Allowances and Safety Bonus

Great learning experience for me

It was my pleasure to undergo my internship program in this company with the unselfish colleagues who always instill me valuable knowledge.

fun working place with loots of things to learn

My internship program held in Synthomer Sdn. Bhd. for 6 month and My department is known as Acrylonitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) which produces latex from chemicals. Some of its chemical is Butadiene, acrylonitril, t-dodecyl mercaptan, Methacrylic acid and a few more chemical. I was placed under maintenance department and involve in maintaining the equipment in the plant. Beside that I involve in a few projects and some of it is hydraulic compress (still in progress), mechanical seal system for reactor and inspection of foam probe.

Pros

lots to learn

Cons

quite dangerous and effect health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synthomer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Synthomer Reviews by Location

Learn about Synthomer in popular locations

• Synthomer