TechnipFMC

TechnipFMC Employee Reviews for Process Engineer

Process Engineer5 reviews
Malaysia5 reviews
TechnipFMC is a good company to work for. However, the management should treat the employee fairly and not being biased.
Opportunity to go overseas should be given fairly to all employees and not only favourite staff.
Pros
A lot of benefit, flexible working environment
Cons
Competition is very high. Only certain people get opportunity to go overseas, work in interesting project
One of the best place that I have worked for. Good work life balance and great work culture.
A lot to learn from many experts around me.

It can be quite challenging some days, but a very supportive staff made it possible to sail through easily.
Pros
Good benefits
A typical day at work would see me leaving my home at 7am and due to traffic, I would reach the office between 8 to 830am. Emails would be checked, have my day planned and then having my breakfast.

5 years in working, a few things I have learned is time management and being organized. Although strong technical skills is much needed, time and being organized is important. Being a team player with good communication skill was one of the many things learned as well, because I have dealt with many types of diversified co-workers, from the easiest to the most stubborn ones.

The hardest part about working, which I still need improvement on is work balance as I tend to work till late and end up lazy to exercise. I enjoyed most about working is that I did alot of work ranging from FPSO to FLNG etc.
Pros
Good flexi-hours, flexible when taking leave
Cons
Car park not given.
The working environment was conducive and productive. The flexible working hour is convenient for those who come early or late. The management level is so systematic. The team members are so helpful and willing to work as a team by lending hand to each other. The hardest and challenging part of this job is the rushing schedule. Many tasks are required to submit on the same day. The most interesting part of this job is new thing can be learnt on everyday.
Pros
Flexible working hour and good working environment
Cons
No short break
As a process engineer, it requires to prepare process calculation such as equipment and instruments sizing, drawings to meet the process system requirement. Datas are collected to be provided other project disciplines for selecting and purchasing the equipments to Vendors. Communications and integrity are very vital in this industries as wrong decision may impact to the high project cost and may lead to human safety. Being a part of this prestigious company there are always challenge to be handled. Optimistic is the best attitude to progress as a future leader.