TeleDirect

TeleDirect Employee Reviews

The workplace is definitely intense but it is productive for the workers. Although tasks given were difficult, they taught to be independent and find solutions on my own.
Pros
Helpful seniors
Cons
Intense working environment
been earning R2000 and not getting my commision and they would always come up with excuses. although i have learned a lot i a thank them for giving me knowledge
Pros
lunch
Cons
health
Work-life balance
Weekends are required pay is low.

Overall

The pay is very low and weekends Are required.. The hours are not good for work life balance. Working until 8 pm on Saturdays suck since i haven't worked weekends in over 10 years
Avoid this place if possible. This company works with companies that scam and mysteriously charge people. Most callers are rude. You will be severely underpaid for the amount of work you do. They are super strict for no reason at all. The employees in higher positions are rude. It’s a job for someone that desperately needs work.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Little Pay, stressful, too strict, fraud companies
Sometimes when you ask a question, they ignore you totally and management does to. When you express how you feel they threaten to terminate you. Looking for a new employer as we speak.
Pros
Working from home
Your day starts taking calls back to back. If you get sick, even with a doctors note you can be fired. The calls are often scams that erroneously charge people. The people call and take it out on you all day.
Pros
Money
Cons
Strict attendance policy. You are expendable. Employees do want to stay.
Nice company, work with you. I had no issues I would recommend or work there again. They are flexible. Pay is over the minimum wage. Always assistance for every call your on.
I prefer to work at a different company and am looking at only working from home due to this COVID and this company couldn’t comply with what I needed for my family
Pros
Good money
Cons
Need home job
Never apply for this job it's a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will take calls and lie to people when they will get a call back. Even the hire ups will lie to your face!!!!!
Pros
Gros
Cons
Gros
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TeleDirect?
I helped a customer who was having problems when they using the APP and keeping track of customer journeys by through the phone call. Explaining the APP instruction specific to the customer needs.

I served both side of guest and host from homestay. To be honest, The hardest part of the job was that the guest requested to cancel the reservation with full refund which was not in compliance with company regulations.

What I really enjoy in this job was that received a positive review from the customers for my service . moreover, this job improved my communication skills and how to create a connection with customers.
Pay is low for the stress. 8 hours of back to back calls, no time to sip water or breathe except on breaks and lunch. You have to lie to customers and you can't do anything when the customers get ticked off. You're not really helping the customers, a lot of the calls are for taking messages to pass on to the company, but the companies Teledirect works for hardly ever call their customers back so you get them calling 3,4,5 times still looking for a call back.
The job doesn’t pay enough. The pay is also bi weekly. The people that call on are very rude. Management does don’t help people when they need it most, they pass it off to someone else.
No job security, hire temps that are poorly trained and staff lacks professionalism. Worst job I ever had, work is repetitive and environment is depressing.
Management is innovative. They have ample of ways to assure and challenge employees. You will stay excited on this company for a long time. They value people.
The pay is too low for you to have to read so many different scripts. The customers can be a bit demanding and unruly sometimes. Overall the company has great benefits and the management is awesome!
I am new to this job (just a little over a month since I started) but I feel as though I am doing a sufficient job of collecting leads. What is problematic is that we are pushed to follow a script while still showing empathy and understanding to the client. We are also pushed to keep calls short to save the client money which makes sense. BUT sometimes efficiency gets in the way of customer (not client) service. If we are expected to not allow folks to run on and banter, at some point we must interrupt them politely but that is sometimes at best, challenging but many times, virtually impossible. The management as far as team leads go, is very supportive but we are expected to perform to standards which are somewhat adverse to our goals of efficiency and customer as well as client satisfaction. I enjoy the job and hope to excel but have difficulty in balancing both the client and the callers needs. The money is fine for not having to commute and have a wardrobe but expectations are near impossible to satisfy thus far. I'll let you know how it goes if I reach my 90 day probationary period.
A customer would always find themselves having the need to seek help from by contacting the customer service hotline, whenever they have queries or doubts. I am also a customer once, with similar positive or negative experiences as most of you with regards to customer service.

Only after working at TeleDirect, I was able to appreciate the discipline and effort by call agents when I was attached to work closely with Singapore Airline's call center. This work experience allowed me to conduct quality assurance and sentiment analysis using data from customer reviews to improve the airline service quality within a short period of time.
These people only care about the job not about you this is the worst job I ever had I was so glad to leave them. They’re very unprofessional & let the customers talk to you any way they want. They’re picky about everything you do & the training is very improper as well
It was great working for Teledirect as my 1st job in south Africa. I learned a lot about customer service as we worked for a campaign in world food program for United nations.
I enjoyed everything including the downs and they taught me a lot even about me as a person. Pity the company has shut down now however they did equip us as consultants by providing training.
The trainer was knowledgeable and friendly but the training was only one week. Most people went to the floor and failed evaluations because they did not have experience thus quitting after a day or two. The call evaluations are harsh compared to the amount of training time provided. My biggest complaint about the company is the way the office is set up. Most of the cubicles have either a mouse missing or a keyboard with one letter missing OR no chair available. You have to spend about five minutes finding a working desk since there are no assigned seats. You walk in and leave your personal belongings including purse or backpack and phone in a locker. You can only use your phone outside of the building so most people take lunch break in their car thus wasting break times. The calls are back to back 24/7 365, every call you answer is a different script for a different company. A lot of the companies are telemarketing calls that prey on elders. Calls include setting up appointments for a lawyer, dentist, taking donations, or outbound calls sales calls for various products. You get about 3 seconds in between each call which is extremely stressful and detrimental to your mental health.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Missing office equipment, short training, stressfull calls