The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Employee Reviews

Malaysia34 reviews
Fast pace environment and required to adapt culture in short time of period. Systematic and provide full support from Management side when needed. Meet a lot of great customer and fun to work with colleague in office or outlet's.
Pros
Staff meal, Employee discount
Cons
Working at The Coffee Bean & Tea leaf gave me a lot of valuable experience. They teach me on how to provide a very good customer service, teach me how to work as a team to achieve the goal. CBTL also teach me on how to manage the rime because every order have their own allocated timing that you need to follow.
Workplace culture just nice and it's suitable for college students who want to gain the experiences of part-time jobs. Also, I learned how to manage with the customers and team-works.
A fast-paced working environment but allow me to harness and develop my skills. Teach me how to interact with customers from different background. Develop my problem solving skills and marketing skills.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Short break
Not pressure and the manager of outlet very sporting.They always understands our feeling and easy to get holiday. No need to write a formal letter to apply holiday
It is difficult to raise up to the level of a full timer. Have to work long hours. No guarantee of being a full timer. However, meals are provided so that is a plus.
I would say working in coffee bean fullfilling, I got to learn everything in short period of time such as coffee making, food preperations, stock and retail checking, cashier and serving customers. It can be tiring sometimes but overall it was a good experience especially for those fresh graduates who want to step into the working life in FnB industry.
worker be slave to manager, manager be slave to outlet manager, outlet manager be slave to direcr manager, direct manager be slave to HQ tell me what you want what you really really want
Very fun working environment. Learning new things and as well as improving management skills. Friendly employer.
Must be able to handle pressure with customers.

The most enjoyable part was the colleague.

The hardest part was when dealing with such a cocky customer.

All you have to is smile and greet.
A fun workplace to learn with as they are having variety of coffee and tea that never been known before. The management team are the best that have been known before.
A productive and fun work to place. Learn about coffee and tea production also about the customer service. The managers and staff are friendly and willing to teach new staff.
Great manager with great colleagues. Amazing skills developed especially in preparing a good coffee. The cafe environment is very pleasant. Employees' welfare is very well taken care of. Soft skills will be enhanced as you will be handling customers from taking orders, preparing food and drinks, and serving them with manners. Not to forget, free food and drink from the cafe which the values of the meal are in accordance with working hours per day.
Pros
Free meal
Serving customer coffee and breakfast. There is no hardest part in this job once you get used to all the content. The enjoyable part would be you can make your own meal and drinks.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No career advancement
I love to serve customer with a cup of coffee sincerely.
It is nice during weekday and you can see plenty of coffee lovers siting in the cafe and chill.
Cons
Lack of manpower
-make a food and beverage for customer.
- giving a services to customer.

-learn how to make purchase order to HQ .

- make a cleaning everyday before closing.
Pros
staff meals provides
team work from all

product knowledge

knowledge about coffee

i worked for 3 years in here and i learned alot in coffee bean

not only about coffee aswell i aslo learn about teas cold brew and a lot more
Pros
staff meal provide
Cons
break 1hour
I learned a lot of thing I started to work here after I finished my studies. I started as a Part-Time Barista for half a year and got promoted to be Full Time Barista after I performed well.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
over time
I've learnt a lot ever since I started working at coffee bean. I think this knowledge and skill i developed during my working periods will be useful in future.
Pros
Quality foods
Cons
Doing night shift
You are exposed to every different aspect of how the cafe is run. You will be a waitress, making coffee, hot and cold beverages, and cleaning the cafe.
Must be responsible and honest and always smile. work culture is all good. you have to be good at doing your task. always update with SOP. most enjoyable part is when you achieve the target of sales for the day
Improving company sales and serving customers using communication skills with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures and ages. Responsible for waiter duties.