The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Employee Reviews

Malaysia41 reviews

High workload but very little pay for undergraduate

I worked at Coffee Bean around year 2017. The pay was very little but it is an ok experience if you like servicing customers. Otherwise, you are mostly doing heavy work like washing tons of dishes, mopping the floor, stock count, etc. Sometimes you even have to deal with rude customers. Won't suggest for career development here as it's hard to get promoted.

Pros

Free lunch or dinner depending on your shift

Cons

Heavy workload, minimal pay

Great teamwork!

Great teamwork and helpful managers. Cons are you have to be always on standby in case the outlet gets busy, cleaning tasks sometimes are too much to handle.

Staff okay, tiring if not enough manpower

Can be really tired if not enough manpower. Have to be multitasking to do everything as assistant manager you’ll will be use to your outlet manager as per my experience. They’ll take for granted. Benefits all perfect. Staffmeal more than enough.

Pros

Bonus, free meal, many benefits

Cons

Short breaks

Good

Good work place where you can meet lots of new people , foreigners and its not that stressful. The shift is good and the pays also nice. Recommended for students who look for part time jobs

Work with many people

there must be patience doing the job, sometimes hard, sometimes easy task, mostly we don't have enough man power to work. They will teaching for who does have experience

Decent place to work

Shift 8hours/day with only quick 15-30mins break for staff meal, shift start early as 7am and end at 12am but closing might extend to 1am during busy weekend, unsatisfied with the salary for part time should offer higher, but great basic salary and benefits for full time, great and friendly staff, good management at my outlet, overall good experience and environment

Pros

Staff meal, friendly staff, good guidance

Cons

Working hour, salary

Fun workplace with interesting things to learn

Good and fun environment to work in. Staff and management team are all friendly people. Chill and slowpaced workplace. Lots to learn and a very good experience indeed.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Fast pace and fun at working

Fast pace environment and required to adapt culture in short time of period. Systematic and provide full support from Management side when needed. Meet a lot of great customer and fun to work with colleague in office or outlet's.

Pros

Staff meal, Employee discount

Good experience

Working at The Coffee Bean & Tea leaf gave me a lot of valuable experience. They teach me on how to provide a very good customer service, teach me how to work as a team to achieve the goal. CBTL also teach me on how to manage the rime because every order have their own allocated timing that you need to follow.

Productive and fast-job with nice cool managers

Workplace culture just nice and it's suitable for college students who want to gain the experiences of part-time jobs. Also, I learned how to manage with the customers and team-works.

Fast-paced workplace

A fast-paced working environment but allow me to harness and develop my skills. Teach me how to interact with customers from different background. Develop my problem solving skills and marketing skills.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

Short break

Relax Job

Not pressure and the manager of outlet very sporting.They always understands our feeling and easy to get holiday. No need to write a formal letter to apply holiday

Enjoyable to work at but exhausting

It is difficult to raise up to the level of a full timer. Have to work long hours. No guarantee of being a full timer. However, meals are provided so that is a plus.

Its a place for me to learn customer services.

I would say working in coffee bean fullfilling, I got to learn everything in short period of time such as coffee making, food preperations, stock and retail checking, cashier and serving customers. It can be tiring sometimes but overall it was a good experience especially for those fresh graduates who want to step into the working life in FnB industry.

bad management

worker be slave to manager, manager be slave to outlet manager, outlet manager be slave to direcr manager, direct manager be slave to HQ tell me what you want what you really really want

Supervised well and a very fascinating workplace. Worth it.

Very fun working environment. Learning new things and as well as improving management skills. Friendly employer. Must be able to handle pressure with customers. The most enjoyable part was the colleague. The hardest part was when dealing with such a cocky customer. All you have to is smile and greet.

Favorite workplace ever

A fun workplace to learn with as they are having variety of coffee and tea that never been known before. The management team are the best that have been known before.

Productive and fun workplace

A productive and fun work to place. Learn about coffee and tea production also about the customer service. The managers and staff are friendly and willing to teach new staff.

Great!

Great manager with great colleagues. Amazing skills developed especially in preparing a good coffee. The cafe environment is very pleasant. Employees' welfare is very well taken care of. Soft skills will be enhanced as you will be handling customers from taking orders, preparing food and drinks, and serving them with manners. Not to forget, free food and drink from the cafe which the values of the meal are in accordance with working hours per day.

Pros

Free meal

Service Industry

Serving customer coffee and breakfast. There is no hardest part in this job once you get used to all the content. The enjoyable part would be you can make your own meal and drinks.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

No career advancement

Make nice coffee to customer

I love to serve customer with a cup of coffee sincerely. It is nice during weekday and you can see plenty of coffee lovers siting in the cafe and chill.

Cons

Lack of manpower

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in popular locations

• The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?