The Pantry

The Pantry Employee Reviews

Fun job

Easy work. Worked late alone and that could be scary. For t a first job I was a little while intimidated being alone in a convenience store. Had to keep track of inventory. Keep track of lotto sales. Prepare coffee. Clean and organize

Family Own

It is a fast pace restaurant, People are friendly and work as a team to give customers the best experience for breakfast/brunch time. Hours are good 6:00 am to 2:00 pm then crew cleans.

Pros

One Meal but it does cost $3.00 which is taken from your check.

Cons

Sometimes you are needed to eat and work thru your break.

Great Team

I Loved working here, we were always so well looked after and lovely team that worked together. Management very fair and helpful. I loved the whole customer interaction.

Fast pace

I had a job to do and I did it. There was good customer and bad. As long as you can handle the public, handle the people with care, there should not be any problem.

Pros

No free food

Cons

No breaks

Stressful and

Minimum wages, the owner is either late with the payments or makes a mistake (always pays too low, never to much), problems with the holiday payments, bad management.

Pros

Free lunches and coffee, nice coworkers, lovely customers

Cons

Bad salary, problems with payments

Always busy, can learn important skillsfor future

Gain or re learn the invaluable skill for everyjib or employment opportunity in the future which is to basically go in to work and not having a second to catch your breath of think about anything else and learn to work through all of this constantly hectic changing. Environment without any breaks. The other amazingly beneficial thing you learn is to work with a sense of urgency and be comfortable working while being supervised I having someone watch what you're doing and of course being held accountable for any discrepancies each day. If you already had that experience like a lot of people do if they are lucky working at a previous job or first job, and kept working with urgency then this is just a reminder of all the worst parts of a job with none of the benefits. 8.00 an hr. No breaks. Working 2 separate lines and registers at once for the lottery and regular crowd. No lunch break but you get a free 6 inch sandwich or you want or can somehow get one made befre you try to juggle closing out the shift for each register and handling the constant flow of customers buying things.

Pros

Free 6 inch sub and 12oz fountain drink, Unless you steal you basically will never be fired, because the policy they have is to keep scheduling you in, or call you when they desperately need someone to work and knows the store.

Cons

No breaks, no lunch break, $8.00 an hour, erratic schedule, alcoholic manager who drunk texts you you, There is no merit to working hard or being good.

N/a

N/A.not a good place I felt.other employees stand and watch when you have a lot of tickets.lazy cooks except kitchen manager and owner.others do the minimum.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No benefits, cheap pay

Management will watch you get slammed and go smoke multiple cigarettes while you run the line solo. And in the morning you have to prep, cook, and wash dishes solo. And you have to clean the front of the house and bathrooms

Pros

Cons

Over worked

was a mgr loved the job

Loved my job only down fall was paying minimum wage to workers you get what you pay for,,,,but was a fun safe work environment ...stayed busy and had 3 weekends a month off

Pros

good pay

Cons

worked long hours

Mickey mouse inc

Such a bad company no care for employee welfare they are like parasites and will suck you dry of any love for life my biggest regret in life is replying to their advertisement You get paid on the 3rd of the month probably so they can earn interest on your money You give them everything and give nothing back such a bunch of cheapskates I've never experienced a company like this in my life

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Not a good company

Company dont have very good work eithics. Put to much pressure on staff to much work for the people they employ. No training given. Trouble with pay. Management are not there when you need them for help. Just overall not a good company to work for.

Rewarding and Challenging

I love my position because I am able to help people and be creative at the same time. I enjoy planning and executing intimate evenings as well as large parties. My love for food and creative culinary experiences is stimulated everyday I go to work.

Challenging

Fast Knowledge building opportunities . A fun place to work at. Great pay great benefits great leader ship skills. It was really great working with customers and problem-solving

Stressful and occasionally unsafe

This company is poorly run, we frequently had problems with late or incomplete pay. The work was in a stressful, busy and occasionally unsafe environment but our wages were only minimum, increasing only slightly at supervisor or general manager level. Company ownership frequently changed things around without informing or warning us, while consistently failing to give us the resources we needed to complete the job well.

Fun place to work

Flexible hours ‘ cooking jobs , waitress jobs ,dish washing jobs. I like working with people , high paced, after work functions, great staff, great food

They really don't care about the people; just the profit.

I have been offered my job back several times. I do not wish to go back. My experience was not a good one at all. I was passed over for a promotion for a job that I had been doing for six months.

A good work place

My work experience at Pantry restaurant was good and people and other fellow workers were much cooperative. I worked with full dedication at there and I efficiency did my job there and was responsible for all my duties. I m thankful to the whole staff there.

Nothing to say

I would like to write that is not kind of company where people search of works, is very difficult to work there as there is a lot descriminations and break in a law, however I left in tears from Pantry .

Pantry Express

This is a faith-based non-profit volunteer job. It is every third Saturday at my church. My husband and I run the pantry. My husband and some other men go pick up the food. Then when they get back we have everything divided up onto the table and when the clients come in we walk them through the line then walk them out to their cars and pray with them.

Workplace culture

The culture was very friendly everyone seems to care about the quality of work they put out. The management was very engaging with the employees. I loved working with the other employees serving the customers.

Great product to work with

As much free reign as you had in the kitchen, the pay was not great and the head chef is pretty inconsistent with his reliability. Heard things have changed recently however, and became much more updates.

Pros

Staff lunch

Cons

Lack of work during certain times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pantry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • The Pantry
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?