The Pantry

The Pantry Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager43 reviews

No review

The pay was decent. I enjoyed customer ineraction. The job was entertaining. I have not worked there in awhile and is now owned by Circle K. I liked the atmosphere and felt safe.

Fast pace

I had a job to do and I did it. There was good customer and bad. As long as you can handle the public, handle the people with care, there should not be any problem.

Pros

No free food

Cons

No breaks

They really don't care about the people; just the profit.

I have been offered my job back several times. I do not wish to go back. My experience was not a good one at all. I was passed over for a promotion for a job that I had been doing for six months.

Teamwork Did Not Make the Dream Work

I loved working for this company, because I LOVE convenience store work. I volunteered to work overtime. I learned everything they'd let me learn, because I wanted a management position. I could get people to come in and work when they wouldn't do it for the store managers. That's because they knew I WORKED! alongside

Pros

Customers!!!! First name basis. Neighborhood stores!

Cons

Lazy workers that don't understand what team work actually is - especially including management.

Part time Assistant Manager

I took this job just to work part time but ended up being the Assistance Manager which was highly stressful but I did enjoy it. The customers were very nice.

Engaging Atmosphere

The ability to have a conversation with people while you are working is wonderful you are able to get that here. While working there I enjoyed going to work and seeing the regulars of the store and meeting new people who were just passing through. This is a tough job but that is what made it fun.

Learning skills

The Pantry aka Kangaroo, was a gas station. I started their as an cashier and in six months I was an Assistant Manager. I typical day consisted of ten hours and an 50 hour week. I learned a lot working here. If it wasn't for me relocating I feel that I could have really grown with this company. The hardest part of the job is when one thing was off and it threw all the paper work off. You could be over in money and coming up short on paperwork. Then you have to go through every thing you inputted in the system to find out where your error was. Sometimes taking at least and hour or more and paperwork needed to be in by 9 AM.

Typical Convenience store experience.

Working for The Pantry, now Circle K, was an extremely fast paced, somewhat hectic environment. The District Managers had unrealistic expectations of the stores, because the the regular employees tended to be unreliable and not excited to be working. They would hire anybody they could get, creating an unstable work place. On the positive side, I learned how to manage unmotivated young people to become reliable, hard working employees. Working for the Pantry also taught me how to be laser focused on the objectives, while providing our customers with everything they needed at the very fastest pace.

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

Unrealistic District Management

production

Very friendly environment to be in, customers were always nice and friendly. managers are always considerate of there employees and customers. A plus.

an absolutely horrible place to work

The last manager I had was a thief and no one believed me when I tried to tell the District Manager and Regional Manager. In the end he got caught and lost his job due to him stealing a lot of money from the company.

Pros

co workers

Cons

horrible manager

nice place to work

I really loved my job at the pantry it was really nice getting to know and meet lots of different people that came in to the shop. I enjoyed working with the other members of staff in the shop.

pantry

Work was fast paced, high volume of people at any given time. There were many different roles to perform there, from running the cash register to stocking the floor.

Enjoyable

Going into work everyday for this job has made me a very observant person when it comes to my surroundings. I have met all different types of people that was very pleasurable in doing so. Until this day my customers still remember who I am. The hardest part of this job was worrying about when someone was going to try to rob the store on my shift. Out of the seven years that I was there, I was blessed to not have to experience that part.

Pros

Enjoyed making a difference on the job.

Cons

No breaks other than between customers

good work place where everyone works as a team

A typical day at work is all about customer service. Making your customers feel Welcome when they enter your store. When in Retail its all about making your customers happy and creating a safe and friendly work enviroment by working as a team with your employees.

Horrible company to work for

I worked as Asst Mngr and was told I would be on graveyard shift for a little while and then move to second shift. That never happened. No one wanted graveyard and I got stuck with it. The 2nd employee that worked with me was not interested in working. I ended up doing most of the restocking, cleaning, emptying of garbage, etc. I looked for other employment whenever I could in order to be on a day shift. This company pays minimum wage and does not give you 40 hours a week. It's very difficult to pay bills when you don't earn enough money. I would not recommend this company "Kangaroo Gas Station" to anyone.

Pros

There are no "pros".

Cons

Little pay; No Advancement; No 40 hrs a week.

Caring and Nuturing Enviroment

Planned weekly circle time activities and assisted lead teacher with daily activities

Pros

Mon-Fri, first shift

Cons

no pay increase no room for growth within the company

Stepping Stone

I aquired some of my foundation for my managment skills with The Pantry. I am grateful for that opportunity, but there was no other real benefit to working there.

enjoy working with the Pantry

Good company to work for. Co-workers easy to work with. very thankful to have a job

Pros

clean stores

Cons

not enough weekly hours

Nice place to work

If you enjoy working with the public then it is a great job. Management varies with each location.

good work place

kinda dangerous but not very hard pay is louzy i learned a lot and meet a lot of great ppl the good bad and ulgy good meet and greet lot of ppl bad routy customers taking their bad day out on you the ULGY cleaning public bath rooms

Pros

flexable schedule

Cons

getting robbed no lunch

lots of work

customer service, monies handling, credit card handling, grocery ordering, cleaning, stocking. manager was worst manager I have ever had, she had 2 assistant managers *me being one* and would not allow us to do that things that we should have been doing, she would lie about things to the district manager and he didn't care, so he allowed a lot of wrong things to go on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pantry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • The Pantry
  • Assistant Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?