The Pantry

The Pantry Employee Reviews for Manager

Manager26 reviews

Workplace culture

The culture was very friendly everyone seems to care about the quality of work they put out. The management was very engaging with the employees. I loved working with the other employees serving the customers.

no opinion

the district manager would come through town approx. once a month. gave no training or assistance to train. she left company and the new district changed managers at other locations because she didn't get along with their personality. the company has since closed up the current location in Elizabeth city because the district manager said that it was too far for her to oversee and it was out of the way for her to drive from the outer banks beach area.

Pros

nice company for the public

Cons

alot of pressure

this company is closed

this company is closed, it has been bought out and no longer exists,when I worked there it was just like any other gas station. Long shifts and no help

It was a good place to work

It was a good place to work. I enjoyed my job as ASM. I became a Store Manager and I learned alot with the company. I would recommend this job to a friend

Good working conditions and friendly atmosphere.

I loved working with my employees as well as the customers. However the hours I worked were very long, but rewarding. My job consisted of getting to the store early 3:30am in the morning. Counting down the safe, making the breakfast sandwiches. Counting the drawer. Then At 5:00am opening the doors to the customers in. At lunch time I would make lunch. Make the deposit, unload truck/vendors etc...... Make a schedule for the week make sure all state requirements are on the board and followed. Then head home around 6pm/sometimes 7pm.

Pros

Got to meet all kinds of people. The bonuses where nice too.

Cons

Getting home late hours and getting up so early.

I enjoyed working at the pantry . I love to interact with people

Thank you for taking the time too review my application. I lived muy job art the pantry. I had a surgery ex on for and I was out for one year. I went to go back but the only managers position was 2 hours away. So I chose to resign. Again thank you for your time.

Pros

Vacation 401k

Cons

Hours cut

Provided mulitple opportunities to advance into management

Provided multiple opportunities to advance into management. However the day to day activities in a store can be stressful and working with the public in a convenience store environment can be a bit on the crazy side.

Too much work, not enough people

Could not keep employees or even get too many reliable employees. Someone was always calling in so the manager (me) had to fill in at all hours of day or night. It was very stressful and I couldn't plan my life.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Can't keep good employees

good place to work

staff all got on well together and worked as a team..Management could be stressful at times when it got busy but everyone pulled together to make cleints have an enjoyable night out

Pros

meals supplied on shift

Cons

owners didnt always listen

Very fast paced and meet a lot of different people

I would come in and start the shift with helping with the customers and coffee making then I would open the safe count the money balance the shifts and make the bank deposits. I learned a lot about myself and other people. I learned how to make schedule and how to dea with people of all kinds. Learned how the stock the shelves and the coolers and the safe temperature of the coolers. Learned how to make an order for inventory how to send it and when it came in to receive it and put it away. Everyday was different I loved meeting all the people over the years.

Pros

Made a lot of friends

Cons

Worked every holiday

Great, Engergtic Environment

Good company to work for. Fast pace environment more so at lunch and night time. You learn to interact with people. The most beneficial part of this job is meeting new people.

Pros

lunch breaks

Cons

may not get a break every day

ios application development

A typical day at work consisted of meetings, emails, working with senior developers in understanding the application working with new ideas and technologies. There was a lot of research and documentation involved as well working with back end services.

Pros

working in a team environment

Great Place to work

I loved working at the Pantry. I was there for 22 years. I was the manager of my store for over 20 years. This company was just bought out by circle K.

Pros

Awesome Management

Changing environment

Company is always changing and never seems to be set for a long period of time. Co-workers make the job great and good benefits.

Pros

Co-Workers, benefits

Cons

Always changing company

Working at the Pantry

This job was very demanding. At times, the labor budgets were so tight i was working 80 to 100 hours a week. I enjoyed the work, but felt that the company was not very concerned about it's employees, just the bottom line.

nice company

A nice company to work for great benefits customers are nice and friendly Co workers are great Not enough money for all the different things they change every day.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

ask for to much for little pay

liked the work and people

same as long john silvers, as manager I did scheduling, ordering, inventory and ect.

Republicans only....

Totally a republican-centered company. As a white female in management, it's funny how execs would assume I was Republican and talk candidly about 'those people' and 'idiot democrats'. Not a great place to work. If you like being micro-managed, spied on and talked about,then this is the perfect company for you!

Pros

i had a job

Cons

management, lies, bickering

fun place

the customer here was very friendly, they made the job fun to interact with customer

bad place to be

didnt like the superviser he didnt like women at all mad every womens work/life hard to be there

Customers Great, Employer Bad

I love this job, but when it comes down to upper management all they see is numbers. When your numbers are good or even great you still don't get any respect. I worked there for 3 months as a manager and never got an assistant manager. They would allow me to occasionally borrow an assistant from another store so I could have a day off. I was told that the store was fully staffed before I took the job. There was many times that I had to cover 3rd and 1st back to back.

Pros

Benefits, Hours, Pay rate

Cons

No respect as a human being

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pantry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits