The Pantry

The Pantry Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate52 reviews

Fun job

Easy work. Worked late alone and that could be scary. For t a first job I was a little while intimidated being alone in a convenience store. Had to keep track of inventory. Keep track of lotto sales. Prepare coffee. Clean and organize

Don't do it

I have nothing good to say. It was horrible and I don't recommend anyone working there ever. The hours were long, management was horribly inept, pay was pathetic, responsibilities far outpaced the compensation. Favoritism among the staff, no loyalty or cohesion, and overall the worst job experience I have ever had. I resigned and the supervisor still pressured me into working one more day.

It's sn alright place to work

It was okay to work for them, but the company has been bought out by Circle K. I'm not sure if things are still run the same these days or not. Relaxed environment.

I disliked this job

The employer is a good company but the managers in the company were very unfair and did not give the opportunity to grow. Work hours at times were very unstable.

Pros

Chance to improve customer service skill

Cons

Bad management

it a job

It was a good place to work because a shift only consisted of you and customers. theres 3 shift to get hours. It was not much to review i spent 8 hours dealing with customers and cleaning stocking

Pros

solitude

Cons

poor management

not family oriented

went into labor at work, and before my 6 week maternity leave was up my district manager was calling wanting to know why i wasnt back at work. my baby was in the nicu and she still expected me to be at work and threaned to fire me

Fast Paced

Greet Customers Handle Customer's request Checked and cleaned gas pumps Restock coolers The most enjoyable part were the customers. The hardest part were the hours.

Was a great place to work. With audio and cctv company backed up their emplyoyees when customers were wrong.

Was a fast paced environment.Learned alot about convenience shopping. Stock and keeping fresh product on shelves was a day to day challenge.Also the challenge of keeping shrink to a minimum was a great importance.

Pros

Seeing same customers regular basis was helpful to them.

Cons

Company insurance was to expensive

ok

this was a place that was close to the beach and it seems that I had time to go and swim and eat a lot of good seafood. meet a lot of people and has a lot of fun

Pros

Cons

1 hour drive

great company

I really enjoyed working for this company and the store that I was in. If I would not have moved to another state I believe I would still be with this company today.The manager was wonderful.The pay was decent.

Pros

decent pay

really interactive

I really enjoyed working for this company. Its really fun in the summer. I still to this day saythat the store manager was the best I have ever had in my life.

Day with Deluvia

A typical day at work consisted of me setting up my display table and making fresh dip products for the public. I only had one coworker during this temp job however, I was able to get into contact with management if needed. My coworker and I had a very close bond. He took me under his wing and taught me everything he knew. The environment was very relaxed for a shopping center. The hardest part was also the fun part which was to sell this dip product to the public. It helped me sharpen my people skills and learn new ways to selling a product.

Pros

breaks

Cons

temp job

Fun and reliable Company that is Family oriented.

I would like to find a company that promotes within, will value the opinion of their employees along with respect their employees for the work they put in. I am also looking for a company that understands that their are times that things happen with families.

Pros

Promotes within, benefits

Cons

disrespectful

Cashier

I enjoyed this job tremendously, the location that I worked in was a small town that would usually have the same customers on a daily basis. Getting to know each one and what they wanted was great, feeling as we were all family. The company was doing its best as at that time the economy was struggling.

Pros

the customers

Cons

leaving, store being sold

Not bad

Great company to work for. Benefits are great. Time off is great. Boss is great. Culture is great. No complaints from me none at all. Work hard and see what happens.. Place is solid

Positive workplace

Changing gas prices, maintaining cash register, stocking shelves. I learned to check inventory. Management was supportive and hands on. Co-workers for the most part were eager to work and knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job dealing with irate customers. Most enjoyable part stocking the cooler.

Work Environment

Great place to work besides a decrease in hours available. Meeting new people everyday makes it a great environment to work.

interesting

I went thru more managers in 2 years then I have gone thru at any other place that I have worked. I went thru 11. The current manager is no good, does not have any clue what he is doing. Co-workers are really quite crazy. The hardest part of the job was going to work and the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.

Pros

customers

Cons

management

I really did actually like working here until the latest manager arrived

I could work and go to school at the same time, what more could I ask for? A typical day at work was the same old stuff every day and the same old people buying smokes, beer and blunts. What I learned is that I really didn't want to do this for the rest of my life.

Pros

hours

Cons

management

terrible

awful place to work at. All the managers are nasty to the staff and don't care about your safety you work 10-12 hours all by yourself in a gas station, just waiting to be robbed

Great surroundings made up of co-workers and customers

Interaction with my customers on a day to day basis is what makes work worth doing. The smiles that I can give them and that they give me truly make this job worth it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pantry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits