Top Glove

Top Glove Employee Reviews in Shah Alam

Shah Alam6 reviews

Traditional and old school management

It was my first job and first company to accept me as a fresh graduate. I'll never forget it. But it doesn't change the fact that this company really made me burn out to the point that I was really in trouble on my personal life. The culture here is not healthy as the upper management always push you to do something that considered nonsense and useless.

Pros

Good salary, transport allowances, free gym, free lunch

Cons

Workloads, culture

Fast-paced and automated working environment

Working in finance team, you will have a lot of timeline to meet, which some of them might require you to work overtime during the weekend or public holiday.

Pros

Subsidized meal, travelling allowance, bonus

Cons

Annual leave

poor increment and benefit for staff

The company gives the foreign general worker a higher increment compared to the local engineer/chemist some is double or triple to compile the standard. Staff benefit is often cut to allocate budget for the foreign workers to overcome the CBP issue

Expanding business, always efficient cost cautious.

Emphasize working cultures towards efficiency, integrity, accuracy. Encourage healththy lifestyle and a lot of non work related activities on environmental and social. A good company to develop a working and interpersonal skills.

The standard working culture which can learn experience

The standard working environments to learn more experience by upgrading our knowledge and few relevant skills. This company has thought how to live a healthy lifestyle and how to bring out self more better to face the better future.

Pros

Gym, hostel, company trip, annual dinner

Cons

Stressfull working lifestyle, increment, bonus, to much of restriction

A good training centre

As marketing executive, we do nothing about marketing but our daily work is the same sales executive. Basically, managers do the same job as executives but some of them need to be a Head of Team but some of them just act like managers without extra responsibility. Even the executives are more busier than some of the managers. I have direct access to the management when it comes to price negotiation which is an advantage for me as the management notices me. Medical benefit for the staff is only RM300 but will increase to RM400 once you have worked more than 5 years which is peanuts compare to other big companies. Hospitalization benefits are only RM20K/year for exec level. Every year, company will organize company outing trip to 4-5 stars hotel in Malaysia. Every month, birthday lunch will provided (the quality of the food is bad)

Pros

Free gym, free lunch every month, transport allowance, Esos, free blood test, company outing

Cons

Medical benefit, too many meetings, spotcheck every 2 months, training letters, no flexibility, too many paperworks and reports

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Top Glove. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits