UCSI University

UCSI University Management reviews

Cut-throat and always telling employees that their jobs are on the line. The company always communicates they are losing money and students to force our hands to work more and more. Same message every staff meeting.
Extremely political, with a lot of backstabbing involved and people jostling for position and power. Very bad corporate structure, no clear guidelines for promotion or advancement.
Pros
N/a
This more about UCSI International School Springhill. The school was good in the first year of my teaching until the leadership members changed. You should be careful with those people who always sweet with you because you dont know whether they talk about you behind.
Pros
Teaching a variety of subjects even it is not based on your field, They just point it to you, if the result is not good, It is time for you to leave
Cons
Walk away from this school if you think you wont add more drama in your life, The walls have ears and mouth at this school
I had a bad experience with the new school management after the last good team resigned. I can see a lot of nepotism practice where a new boss handpicked a person she likes the most to be her department lead.
Pros
Salary on time
Cons
Insurance benefit cost us money and claim later and bonus is based on who the boss likes the most.
it nice place to work and build carrier.. excellence university and work place, friendly staff and management and good place settle down your carrier, take it as home business family character of surrounding
Pros
freedom
Cons
family environment
Different way of work. Everyday look at the same building. Compare to work as a Project manager build new building see the building grows from piling until the roof. Need to control emotion and attitude to communicate with youngster (students) and make ourselves become their idol. Work as a team, share knowledge workload with others. Only facing the management team that always communicate with different language. It's a must for lecturers to attend each graduation ceremony. Sometime its effect our golden time with family. But the joy came when see the student on the stage with their scroll. Their success is our success.
Pros
Many facilities provide by University
Cons
Rigid time and schedule to suite University and MQA requirement.
Racist hiring policies and practices. Management is not in it for education, but rather money and they make that very, very clear. Lack of curriculum and professional teachers. Poor staff morale, due to management. HR is incompetent and aids accounting in cheating staff of final pay, taxes and pension plans. An extremely high turn over of teachers, and teachers on sick leave cold for making too many photocopies. School's internet often does not work.
Cons
Read the above statement
The changing environment and regulations during the time I was working here have set me into a quick learning pace, in which one could learn to be adaptive. Friendly co-workers, lively environment, and various characters to learn from in class. Work space could be a challenge, but if one has the right kick start of the job, it will go on just nice, because of doable tasks.
Pros
Lesson learnt the hard way
Cons
Changing management
Quite high number of credit hours but still manageable. Dealing with the management and student from various country and culture. In handling the lab session and also lecture session the technical background must be strong enough to deal with the machines and students. Chances to build a good rapport with the colleague.
Pros
Time is allocated for self development (continue study)
working with nice and experienced superiors and co-workers. Fun with all children and parents. leaning about the concern of chidren studying and the marketing espect. fully supports from the top management and sobordinates to complete each task.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
not enough spaceto expend
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UCSI University?
This private university is highly inspirational as my bosses were relentless in motivating the staff. The management is also very concern about the welfare of the students and lecturers. The other lecturers in the staffroom were also highly passionate academicians. The hardest part of the job was the marking of the paperworks, as I was fortunate enough to have lectured a hall a many as 200 over students. I was not assigned with an assistant tutor or marker, and since the module was a theory subject the marking of essays were more often than not, too overwhelming.
Pros
Positive minded bosses
Cons
Number of students does not meet the wage offered.