United Overseas Bank

United Overseas Bank Employee Reviews

(1) Worklife balance. (2) Good training provided to all staffs. (3) Work was quite challenging. (4) The company always organised activities such as yearly fun run, treasure hunt, food hunt and many more.
Very professional. Very discipline yet respected by other collegues and management. The collegues and management are working hand in hand. You can gain worth of working experience.
Pros
Good paid
Cons
Work load
Get to understand the flow of investment such as share, unit trust, Banca and bond. Such a good experience working in bank. They teach how to dress up and provide a better customer service.
I enjoy to work at UOB, hope can get a better job with a close family friends there. even though the job is more but can segregate the work and arrange the time properly.
Here in Malaysia, people are friendly and helpful. Projects are also manageable and on track. Overtime is minimal and can be offset. And teammates are reliable and cooperative,
Pros
Lengthy lunch breaks
Cons
Slow machine during critical times
The people i work with in UOB is very helpful. The environment is very stressful and people easily get sick. But it’s good that I am able to learn with regards to banking industries.
Branch is non-progressive, backward and unwilling to change for better which borders on unproductivity and laziness, superiors extremely biased towards subordinates and shamelessly showing favoritism, focus on tedious matters instead of important issues, taking initiatives to help is always met with backlash, some colleagues rude and impatient, and all that wrapped up in office gossip and politics.
Handling Sgpore sector calls,you need to be really attentive & able to cope fast pace in quite a high pressured environment. However they really do have good trainers, benefits & highly paid Overtime rate,depending on your ability to grab our chances as there will be allocation of slots.
I have a good boss who always willing to share and guide us on the job. My team members are also supporting each other very well and we gain trust among the team members. With the good bonding we able to work together and completed many project together.
Pros
Understanding bosses and colleagues
Cons
Less career advancement
I had learned about how to solve customer question in the shortest time through a phone call and have some basic knowledge that how bank work. At the same, this job help me to improve my communication skill very well. The culture in the company is more good than enough, leaders are very kind to help and suggest some solution when facing any difficulties that really unable to solve. I think this was also a kind of best way for me to learn from them.
Cons
short break
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at United Overseas Bank?
it has a very good and fun working environment, that also provides me to learn a lot of new things and allow me to improve my communication skills and enhance my multitasking.
People working in UOB has this quitters never win attitude, which I find very positive. The management push to meet the target and dont forget to remind their employees everyday, One goal, to go up.
learn how to manage time and handling customers better meet new friendly colleagues good management many good benefits such as allowances and medical coverage
A great place to work. Staffs are friendly and approachable. Able to learn and develop within the organization. Recognition will come through if progress is shown to the management.
Pros
Learning through Job
Cons
Require Late hours work
Full guidance on job roles with training courses based on the banking products. Helpful supervising staffs for newly hired staffs. Remarkable supervising system for service quality control.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Parking spot
A typical day working in this company is busy. What I learned from this job is how to multitask and a lot of exposure to financing and banking industry. Now I know a lot more about how banking works, what to do and what not to do.
Requirement from BNM for all participating JomPAY banks to allow their ATM’s to perform JomPAY bill payment . We Create five New Auxiliary Txn Code to support Jompay payment including TLTX Para setup for debit and credit leg and develop new program to print daily and monthly jompay payment report . FTP para setup to transfer all report to user location folder for verification.
Pros
contract
Cons
contract
The working environment is fairly good. We do not need to work for extra long hours, just the office hour. The company culture is okay, but lack of future career advancement leads me to find other job
Pros
good location, surrounded by public transport
Cons
contract offered to staff for a short period, 5 months
- No work life balance - A lot of jobs but not enough manpower - Everyday need to stay back late but no OT - Politic in the office - Too many turnover in a year
Pros
Very good company for starters. Compliance are very standard and functional. Pantry is prepared in very well manner. Staffs are recruited using contract.
Pros
incentive
Cons
leaves
-Able to gain numerous skill that needed in this position -Enable us to make effective time management on the task that w need to complete. -Teamwork spirit
Pros
medical claim
Cons
work life no balance