Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)

Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) Employee Reviews

Malaysia24 reviews
A usual 8.30 - 5.30 office hour job. Plan and coordinate security guards deployment, both in-house and outsourced. Attend to staff and students complaints regarding safety and security, as well as investigate them if necessary.
The university strictly exercise standard operating procedures.

The university paid the highest amount of EPF on the employer share in

the industry. The university gives good bonus every year.
1. Conduct training to students
2. I learn how to recruit students

3. I learn how to service trainer

4. I learn how to create google form and poster

5. I learn how to support my senior

6. The hardest part of the jobs is to many event need to handle.

7.enjoyable of the job is I learn many knowledge at this job and I know international students from Japan.
It is a good place to participate in research activities. Conducive office environment and friendly colleagues are another plusses of this organisation.
UTAR is an excellent place to work beyond doubt,but the good work rendered is not appreciated at time.A wonderful place for research and related activities.
Office politics at its best so be careful of which department you're going for if you were to apply for a job in this university. I keep having to do work that were not even in my job descriptions. Always having to work on weekends more than others in the department simply because the upper levels are always unfair, thinking that us small potatoes have no life. Bonus keeps getting less and less every year even though the workload is now 5x more than when you first started the job. Working in this university is torturous!
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No room for improvements, bad management, arrogant HODs/directors, office politics
- I can learn something new also can improve my self
- Very good culture because surrounding with different race

- “Communication is key for me in stressful situations, even if over-communicating is necessary to ensure everyone is on the same page. For example, I was working on a project with another team and we found there was duplicate work being done. By scheduling a weekly stand up and keeping open lines of honest communication with our teams and managers, we pushed the project forward and ended up contributing to a significant company goal in a big way.”
The maximum teaching hours is 24 per week. The management gives a lot of opportunities and flexibility to the staff to conduct activities and events relevant to the education. The staff is allowed to work from home during the trimester break as long as the paper work is completed. The freedom is supposed to make staff to be more discipline. However, there are staff who takes things for granted. In my opinion, there is not hardest part of the job as challenges come with students' different learning attitudes. I am an educator who should take the challenges and be initiative to conduct different teaching methodologies so that students are engaged to the teaching content and be fun in learning. With the positive emotional cultured in most of the students, teaching and learning can be conducted in positive ways. Due to the competitive in educational industry, I could not deny that the failure rate is the main concern for management as students are hoped to complete their studies in the working institute. The most enjoyable part is the respect from staff and students.
Pros
Flexible working hours and the trust from management
Cons
Facilities that could not provide a conducive teaching and learning environment
This is my first full academic job. I learnt academic teaching and class management skills. The workplace culture is professional and dynamic with high targets to achieve.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Low Pay
I learn on how to handle students of all levels. My workplace people are always helping each other, there is always team work. The hardest part of the job is having playful children. The part that I enjoy most in my work are hardworking children.
Pros
Accommodation and meals provided
Cons
Long Hours
Management strayed along the line of keeping their employees busy and letting them burnout.
I had colleagues who stayed on the job for years without getting the promotion they deserve.

Did not give credit where credit is due and instead pile on more work for those with time on their hands.
Pros
Free access to the institution's facilities.
Cons
Voluntary extra hours is a silent rule.
Having a supportive and friendly team.
Working in a good cultures and learn a lot. Mix with all multi-racial people.

We enjoyed everyday with a cooperative team.

Yearly increment
Pros
Got OT and Claimable
Meeting back-to-back, too much paperwork for small matters. Limited space to grow and be creative in making the decision. traditional working processes.
Pros
Noproper working standards set.
Cons
Poor management
I have been work in UTAR for almost 10 years and i have learned a lot of thing here.

UTAR have teach me a lot in term of admin working skills and i have give my 200% commitment here.
most place i missed is UTAR. I have upgrade myself alot in education field. I able to do the work with very strong and dealing with students and leaned about the education.Conducting event is one of part in my field. In charge for overall event as well.
I come just for work and it's a little fun because I have my friends. My work get more from time to time because the concept they use here is if other colleges cannot do the work, then you must take their work without thing the workload.
Pros
Workload is heavy from time to time
Cons
Healthcare, Must lift Q-stand, a tone of booklets every semester for examination
UTAR is one of the establish university in Malaysia. Early in the morning the first thing we need to do is clock in on time, if we are always late we will be call by HR.

There are lots of Division and Department in UTAR. We will have our own superior who will evaluate our performance every year. And we will get Bonus once a year.

The enjoyable part of the works are most of the staff are friendly and easier to work with but the hardest part of the job will be working with the staff who refuse to cooperate.
Pros
Healthcare & Bonus
Cons
Repetitive works
•Well motivated, can be a good leader or follower and able to work under pressure
•Enjoy being busy with work as long as the environment is active

•Excellent in communicating with people

•Have a strong desire to achieve given tasks

•Excellent time management skills

•Able to multi-task

•Self-motivated and proactive
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Short breaks
High but fair teaching hours due to high number of student population. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with deadlines to submit marks for students' coursework and final exams. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the students and finding the gems among them.
Pros
annual bonus, employer EPF contribution
Cons
short breaks
The work was simple and easy and I learned many things from using various equipment and apparatus as well as exposed to new chemicals, solutions and experiments. The management was bad, considering the funding for the labs seems to come from there, hence the labs were always not fully maintained, apparatus and equipment were all old and over 10 years with no new replacements and chemicals and materials needed for experiments were always kept restraint with very small limited usage. Budget constraints and improper funding placed many students in to a very lousy laboratory experience. Most enjoyable part of the job is the students and friends that help out one another and amazing teamwork to perform and complete tasks given to all of us.
Pros
Quiet and peaceful
Cons
limited lab usage, restraint workplace
the work place is great where the university is provided by facilities that we need such musollah, cafe, library and etc. All the staffs give a good helps if we needed.
Cons
shortbreak