Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)

Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) Employee Reviews in Kampar

Kampar8 reviews

Every department has its own manager and culture.

Everything it's on your own proactiveness and follow all protocols. They have many activities and public speaking. Student projects and research that encourages students to make use of their skills and creativity.

Pros

Not pricey having lunch in canteen and it's convenient

Cons

You just have to balance your time and schedule properly and arrange time on your own classes.

Can learn many things on this job

1. Conduct training to students 2. I learn how to recruit students 3. I learn how to service trainer 4. I learn how to create google form and poster 5. I learn how to support my senior 6. The hardest part of the jobs is to many event need to handle. 7.enjoyable of the job is I learn many knowledge at this job and I know international students from Japan.

A good place for research growth

It is a good place to participate in research activities. Conducive office environment and friendly colleagues are another plusses of this organisation.

Universiti Tak Ada Rehat

Office politics at its best so be careful of which department you're going for if you were to apply for a job in this university. I keep having to do work that were not even in my job descriptions. Always having to work on weekends more than others in the department simply because the upper levels are always unfair, thinking that us small potatoes have no life. Bonus keeps getting less and less every year even though the workload is now 5x more than when you first started the job. Working in this university is torturous!

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

No room for improvements, bad management, arrogant HODs/directors, office politics

Hard Work

I come just for work and it's a little fun because I have my friends. My work get more from time to time because the concept they use here is if other colleges cannot do the work, then you must take their work without thing the workload.

Pros

Workload is heavy from time to time

Cons

Healthcare, Must lift Q-stand, a tone of booklets every semester for examination

Enjoy meeting new people and dealing with them

•Well motivated, can be a good leader or follower and able to work under pressure •Enjoy being busy with work as long as the environment is active •Excellent in communicating with people •Have a strong desire to achieve given tasks •Excellent time management skills •Able to multi-task •Self-motivated and proactive

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Short breaks

Quiet, Peaceful and Restricted

The work was simple and easy and I learned many things from using various equipment and apparatus as well as exposed to new chemicals, solutions and experiments. The management was bad, considering the funding for the labs seems to come from there, hence the labs were always not fully maintained, apparatus and equipment were all old and over 10 years with no new replacements and chemicals and materials needed for experiments were always kept restraint with very small limited usage. Budget constraints and improper funding placed many students in to a very lousy laboratory experience. Most enjoyable part of the job is the students and friends that help out one another and amazing teamwork to perform and complete tasks given to all of us.

Pros

Quiet and peaceful

Cons

limited lab usage, restraint workplace

Program researcher

Working on my own project, collecting samples from students and sequencing DNA matching with the target virus. Learn how to work with team and also finish my own task. University system is not build up and not quite organized so it's a bit difficult to process the experiment sometimes. After the whole project, present the demostration in front of the lecturers and writing thesis is the hardest part of the job. Working with others is the most enjoyable part of the job. I've learnt a lot from them.

Pros

nice accommodation provided.

Cons

Long hours, sometimes over night in the lab waiting for result

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits